Looking for old property to Metal Detect

Looking for old property to Metal Detect

Posted in the Grayson Forum

Alex Boyd

Grayson, KY

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Still looking for a place after the snow clears up!:)

Since: Jan 13

Port Deposit, MD

#3 Feb 1, 2013
I think it would be interesting to follow the old train tracks that went thru Hitchins and Olive Hill.
isiac

United States

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Not to be nosey I am very interested in this and have done lots of research on this an watched YouTube videoed hell and all the shows on tv what's a price on a used detector and a pointer
pawn

Whitney, TX

#5 Feb 1, 2013
at a pawn shop could go for $30-$200 depends on model and how old it is and how good it works....
Alex Boyd

Grayson, KY

#6 Feb 1, 2013
isiac wrote:
Not to be nosey I am very interested in this and have done lots of research on this an watched YouTube videoed hell and all the shows on tv what's a price on a used detector and a pointer
Just varies, I'm using a cheap Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 treasure hunter detector, and so far it works wonders(despite not telling you what's in the ground or how deep it is) It's a very interesting hobby even though I haven't found anything particularly cool yet. It's the fact that you never know what you're gonna pull up. I'd recommend a cheap bounty hunter detector to get you started.
And yeah that would be rather cool to go scan around the old train tracks, especially where old buildings set around there! If any of you know of any old property owners I could maybe contact and get permission to scan that would be great.
isiac

United States

#7 Feb 2, 2013
Alex Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>Just varies, I'm using a cheap Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 treasure hunter detector, and so far it works wonders(despite not telling you what's in the ground or how deep it is) It's a very interesting hobby even though I haven't found anything particularly cool yet. It's the fact that you never know what you're gonna pull up. I'd recommend a cheap bounty hunter detector to get you started.
And yeah that would be rather cool to go scan around the old train tracks, especially where old buildings set around there! If any of you know of any old property owners I could maybe contact and get permission to scan that would be great.
If you do some research out by where clay tires is ther was a slave house burned by the confederate army places like that would be awesome I'd say do some research on carter co and that would show u a lot history always helps
okay

Whitney, TX

#8 Feb 2, 2013
the thing about carter county is i havent been able to find anything past the 1900's when carter county was founded in the 1800's. personally i think something horrible happened here and they dont want anyone to know.
Alex Boyd

Grayson, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2013
okay wrote:
the thing about carter county is i havent been able to find anything past the 1900's when carter county was founded in the 1800's. personally i think something horrible happened here and they dont want anyone to know.
Only thing I've seen in the 1800's of carter county were alot of pictures(Cannot find them online now) from where the traintracks go through hitchens, Nothing special but the pictures were very interesting, just simple pictures people sitting on their porches and people along the railroad. Found it fascinating to see stuff like that. Information is definitely scarce though at least online. I'm seriously doubting our library has anything either.
isiac

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2013
I actually know an older man who has documents and pics of Grayson back then and he knows almost anything about the towns history where the landmarks are and such
wondering

Greenup, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Alex,
I would like to know if you could help me find something in Ashland. It is in a very small area. You would have to wait for the ground to thaw, however. If so, how much would you charge me?
coinmaster

Grayson, KY

#13 Feb 4, 2013
okay wrote:
the thing about carter county is i havent been able to find anything past the 1900's when carter county was founded in the 1800's. personally i think something horrible happened here and they dont want anyone to know.
your looking in the wrong places ive found coins from the 1850s half dimes and silver three cent peaces
coinmaster

Grayson, KY

#14 Feb 4, 2013
isiac wrote:
Not to be nosey I am very interested in this and have done lots of research on this an watched YouTube videoed hell and all the shows on tv what's a price on a used detector and a pointer
just call or find a whites dealer and get the coinmaster you can get it new for a little less than 200 and its a great machine target id depth and pinpoint with 2 year waranty i have one and its paid for itself over and over
isiac

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Thanks so much coin I've done research an they say whites the only way to go
Alex Boyd

Grayson, KY

#16 Feb 6, 2013
coinmaster wrote:
<quoted text>just call or find a whites dealer and get the coinmaster you can get it new for a little less than 200 and its a great machine target id depth and pinpoint with 2 year waranty i have one and its paid for itself over and over
Hey buddy if you're in grayson maybe we could get together sometime and metal detect would be cool to find other people in the hobby! I have a beginner detector but it still works great!
anglin farm

Schererville, IN

#17 Feb 6, 2013
According to legend there is supposed to be near 20k of gold coins buried somewhere on the old anglin (sp) farm.
isiac

Grayson, KY

#18 Feb 6, 2013
I have never heard that couldn't you tell more anglin
coinmaster

Grayson, KY

#19 Feb 8, 2013
anglin farm wrote:
According to legend there is supposed to be near 20k of gold coins buried somewhere on the old anglin (sp) farm.
somebody would have found it by now
poster

Nicholasville, KY

#20 Feb 10, 2013
As far as the anglin Farm is concerned, that was likely found years ago. The story around it was always interesting to hear. Be very careful where you detect. I strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with the ARPA of 1979. Even on private property some things you DO NOT KEEP. At one time I had the finest detector on the market. I sold it because the writing was on the wall, and sure enough, it happened. Don't think they won't or don't send people to prison for violating this legislation, because they have, and they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wisdom of God 170,612
Why did Keith Bays and Jamie get divorced 3 hr Just saying 10
Electric bill average 3 hr Smdh 6
Who is nathan Biddle and age (Jan '10) 14 hr Tom 32
Husky 22 hr missing husky 8
how knows owen blevins? (Feb '09) Fri Monica 97
million doller woman Thu Billion Dollar Wo... 5

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages