do u think mother"s should allow thei...

do u think mother"s should allow their sons to sleep in the bed with them??

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a lady

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Apr 20, 2012
I think this is terrible and at what age should a kid learn to wipe its own butt?some people go over board don't you think??
wtf

Ashland, KY

#2 Apr 21, 2012
This post is just wrong!!! A mom should be able to sleep in the same bed with her son and it shouldnt even be thought odd at all as long as he is not like 10 or 15 and a kid should be able to wipe it's butt by the time it goes to school. A mother that would worry about this is a mother with a guilty mind in my book
seriously

Grayson, KY

#3 Apr 22, 2012
What kind of person would even question a little boy sleeping with his mom , I agree with wtf you yourself must be the one with some serious issues and I hope that you don't have a son because there's obviously something wrong with your sick mind .
disagree

Whitney, TX

#4 Apr 22, 2012
I do not think children over the age of 2 0r 3 should ever sleep with their parent. Children start to develop a sense of autonomy and personal space. It stuns their growth mentaly and causes them problems in association with the mother/child, father/child dynamic. They should have their own bed and their own space to grow. Even at that early age while a child feelings are not sexual at all they are defineing relationships and status's. I think that the parent is the one responsible for making sure in all areas their children have a clear preception of who they are and who their parents are. Its a blurring of the line when you put children in a role even if they dont recognise it till years later of positioning them in a situation of sleeping in for all intents and purposes in a martial bed. Marital beds are for grown-ups not children.
amen

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Apr 22, 2012
disagree wrote:
I do not think children over the age of 2 0r 3 should ever sleep with their parent. Children start to develop a sense of autonomy and personal space. It stuns their growth mentaly and causes them problems in association with the mother/child, father/child dynamic. They should have their own bed and their own space to grow. Even at that early age while a child feelings are not sexual at all they are defineing relationships and status's. I think that the parent is the one responsible for making sure in all areas their children have a clear preception of who they are and who their parents are. Its a blurring of the line when you put children in a role even if they dont recognise it till years later of positioning them in a situation of sleeping in for all intents and purposes in a martial bed. Marital beds are for grown-ups not children.
i agree with this totaly.but some mothers kicks the father out of the bed and put a young son in the bed with them.
seriously

Grayson, KY

#6 Apr 22, 2012
disagree wrote:

I agree that all children male or female need their own rooms , however when a child is sick or having bad dreams there is absolutely nothing wrong letting him or her sleep in bed with with you ,when my kids were little and on occasion when I did this , I did not place them in any kind of role or marital bed and to be honest with you I'm not sure what type of sick demented mind you would have to have to even look at like that , my parents did with us when we were small and I did with mine when they were and and we are all normal functioning adults , I can't believe that people try to turn something as simple as comforting a child into something that is wrong , then society wonders what is wrong with this generation of youth .
Truth

Richmond, KY

#7 Apr 23, 2012
disagree wrote:
I agree that kids past age 3 should not sleep with parents... Everything else you commented on was so mis-spelled that I myself didn't take you serious.
Bertha

Whitney, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2012
I do not think "disagree" was talking about a intermittent ocassion of sickness or a bad dream day. I do however agree myself with them. If I was sick as a child my parents brought me meds, soup, ect..made sure I was uber comfortable. They never let me sleep in their bed, in fact why would they want to spread gems by doing that. As for bad dreams I would say the best way as a parent I have found is to sit up and talk with the child about them and if you have to sit in their room till they go back to sleep. I think your confusing comfort with lackadasical parenting. And my parents never had seat belts and let me stand up in a car just because we all never died in a fiery crash dosent mean that it was ok. Just because our parents did something, dosent mean as reasoning rational adults with much more information avaible to us than past generations had... and better tools to undertstand things that we cant seek to do better ourselfs.
interesting

Grayson, KY

#9 Apr 23, 2012
Bertha wrote:
I do not think "disagree" was talking about a intermittent ocassion of sickness or a bad dream day. I do however agree myself with them. If I was sick as a child my parents brought me meds, soup, ect..made sure I was uber comfortable. They never let me sleep in their bed, in fact why would they want to spread gems by doing that. As for bad dreams I would say the best way as a parent I have found is to sit up and talk with the child about them and if you have to sit in their room till they go back to sleep. I think your confusing comfort with lackadasical parenting. And my parents never had seat belts and let me stand up in a car just because we all never died in a fiery crash dosent mean that it was ok. Just because our parents did something, dosent mean as reasoning rational adults with much more information avaible to us than past generations had... and better tools to undertstand things that we cant seek to do better ourselfs.

Yet with all this information that you have now and they didn't have back then , kids are shooting other kids in school , hell some seven and eight year olds are even killing their own parents , thats not something you even heard of twenty years ago ,so I think I will take lackadaisical parenting over your so called parenting skills any day!
mom

Greenup, KY

#10 Apr 24, 2012
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet with all this information that you have now and they didn't have back then , kids are shooting other kids in school , hell some seven and eight year olds are even killing their own parents , thats not something you even heard of twenty years ago ,so I think I will take lackadaisical parenting over your so called parenting skills any day!
I don't think it is lackadaisical to base your parenting decisions upon what a specific child may need at any particular time. I know my kids better than anyone and they are all different and need different things from me at different times. Some kids need a look to know when to settle down whereas another may need a swat on the butt,one may need to hold your hand for a minute before falling to sleep whereas one may sleep alone in their bed their entire childhood. Rules are wonderful but so is acknowledging and respecting your child's needs as being as individual as each child is. Just love them and protect them and enjoy them goodness knows they won't want to crawl in to bed with you forever. Let them be little while they are little!
hmmm

Russell, KY

#11 Apr 24, 2012
My 24 year old son slept with his father and I until he was 8 years old. He now lives in Lexington, in his 2nd year of Med school. Co-sleeping has had no detrimental effects on him whatsoever. I simply think there is no right or wrong here. Each family is different. My husband and I worked different shifts at work, and bedtime was the main time that all 3 of of was able to relax, giggle, talk, and get a good nights rest together. They grow up SO fast! What I wouldn't do today to have some of that cuddle time back!
Mother

Ironton, OH

#12 Apr 27, 2012
I think it depends on the child and each family situation. I slept with my mom, I turned out just fine. I slept with mine. It isn't a right or wrong thing, it's what works best in each family
WhosUrDaddy

Greenup, KY

#13 Apr 29, 2012
It would depend on who the mom was. I'm rather pickey at times. Others, not so much....
H. Toad

Ashland, KY

#14 Apr 30, 2012
Is she a Milf.???? Going thru puberty would b so much funner !
Hear this

Ardsley, NY

#15 May 6, 2012
What do you think of a 12 year old still sleeping with his mother? I just do not agree with it at all! I think a child should sleep alone unless they are ill! It is very strange to me!
droopy

Acme, PA

#16 May 6, 2012
i grew up with a kid was on the tit 8years old. He came out to play said,"fellers give me chaw bakker, moms been eatin onions again...
i know all

United States

#17 May 7, 2012
Ask MD her son of 25 years is still on the tit
marius dovartis

UK

#18 Feb 13, 2013
wonder what she wears to bed
wake up call

Ashland, KY

#19 Feb 13, 2013
if they are old enough to be potty trained then they are old enough to sleep by their self unless they are sick then that is a different story ,what kind of a damn mother would do this anyway oh i no a sick one that needs her kids taken away!!
bunch of perverts

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Feb 13, 2013
what if its a single mom, what if there is only one bedroom. sleeping on a counch can be extremely bad for growth and psture. and oh yea, do you ALL think sleeping with is strickly a euphamisism for sex?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Restaurant Tax is a bad idea. 6 min Just a thought 6
Jasmine Sexton (Oct '09) 17 min Good friend 5
Zac Smith and Frances Burton 33 min Whatajoke 18
All these people walking all over town at night 33 min Curious 17
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Shane 158,110
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr carter county res... 24,026
Who is the Hottest Pipefitter? (Jan '11) 7 hr 6g stainless cert... 67
Heroin overdose 9 hr family 4

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages