First Prev
of 6
Next Last
opinion

Greenup, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2013
when is this town going to move with the times and actually do something.. it is spending good money on stupid things we dont need( like a new police station, firehouse, court house, park that no one goes to) they need to invest in some entertainment around here... they are sending all the money to ashland, Huntington and morehead. when all we need is a few things here.. it would open up jobs and make it a nicer place to live... if they dont this is going to be a dead town with nothing but old people driving around in wheelchairs instead of cars... we have 3 retirement places here soon we will be over run... and we are so sick of hearing about the town going wet, just do it already. where do you think everyone goes to get it they go to ashland... that is money out of our pockets into theirs when we could keep it here.... and they cant say anything about the college cause as soon as they turned into a university they lost their right to say anything... and where do you think those kids go to get there stuff... duhh people lets think here... why are we doing this to ourself... get a grip people we need something here... so stop denying everything just cause its different. the kids in this town are bored to death. did you ever think if there was something to do then they wouldnt get in trouble as much... the people in this town need to take a good long look and see that something needs to change...
yup

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Agreed but Grayson will never change!!!!
advocate for change

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2013
opinion wrote:
when is this town going to move with the times and actually do something.. it is spending good money on stupid things we dont need( like a new police station, firehouse, court house, park that no one goes to) they need to invest in some entertainment around here... they are sending all the money to ashland, Huntington and morehead. when all we need is a few things here.. it would open up jobs and make it a nicer place to live... if they dont this is going to be a dead town with nothing but old people driving around in wheelchairs instead of cars... we have 3 retirement places here soon we will be over run... and we are so sick of hearing about the town going wet, just do it already. where do you think everyone goes to get it they go to ashland... that is money out of our pockets into theirs when we could keep it here.... and they cant say anything about the college cause as soon as they turned into a university they lost their right to say anything... and where do you think those kids go to get there stuff... duhh people lets think here... why are we doing this to ourself... get a grip people we need something here... so stop denying everything just cause its different. the kids in this town are bored to death. did you ever think if there was something to do then they wouldnt get in trouble as much... the people in this town need to take a good long look and see that something needs to change...
hey dude , I agree . I have lived in carter county all my life and had that damn college shit shoved in my face for many ,many years ! I am 43 , by the way ! Yes it made university status , I thought that would make a difference , but no ! You are right , we do need to go wet ! If we did , we could have places like Applebees , or Outback , Texas Roadhouse. Etc. To me that says "JOBS" for people in our county ! Not to mention the tax revenue that comes from the alcohol sales ! Its like 200 percent ! But the problem is grayson is run by "OLD MONEY " people with old ways of thought ! Eventually the "OLD " will need those nurseing homes and the younger generation can take over ! Till then , we need to remember that , in order to go wet we have to have voters , registered voters ! Petitions ! Seems like all we have here in carter county is a bunch of "pill heads " , " meth heads " etc ! That number keeps growing ! Those people don't vote ! So I say we need the cops , we need the fire dept to put out meth fires ! What we "REALLY" need is a "BRAND SPANKIN NEW " judical System in this county ! Voters can do that too ! " Hell" let's petition the attorny gen. And complain bout it ! Have a special judge see these drug / theft cases ! But u need registeted voters to do that tooi ! I feel ur pain dude ! But till then I guess I will go to ashland or kynova like u and everyone else ! PEACE !
opinion

Greenup, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
very true... but how do us the people go about getting ahold of the people in charge... they just dont see how much money this town is loosing out on because of the old money... we could be as big as ashland if we went wet... and just to say they say they dont want drunk drivers here... well they are already here.. and not to mention it would kinda help the cops in a way.... they just dont see how something so small like being wet or a movie theater or something like that can help this town... the old needs to move aside and let some of the new come out...
Our town

Madison Heights, MI

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Withoit good people, trained to do good jobs our town will never be healthy.
The ONLY good jobs are :
Government jobs
Welfare mom
Drugs

Our sweet home town, as reflected on these forums is just filled with lazy, nosey , drama.
guy

Grayson, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
grayson will never change it will be just like olive hill a GHOST TOWN
watcher

Greenup, KY

#7 Jan 31, 2013
It's to late not to wish that because Grayson is already a ghost town just more living ghosts than anywhere else.. If only the people of this town had any real vision at all it could be on Ky's A list.. Need to get all those snobs off the city counsel and out of the high ranking city office. Like George steel and then someone can start making real changes.. Unlike building a new "Police station" when they had said that the city building was still good enough for them. They just had to do it.. And what about that road down beside Arby's that road has needed major repairs for over 3 or 4 years now when is that going to get fixed.. and how about the fact that when the city zones an area as commercial and it has always had residential homes; but when one comes down you only have 30 days to build a new one and if it was a trailer in that area you can't put one back.. Then you loose out on your land and its potential. Yes alot of things need to happen in this little hick town. Like turning it wet and getting rid of the "OLD MONEY" as someone said. If I was gonna run for mayor this town would change drastically while I was in office.
ghost

Grayson, KY

#8 Jan 31, 2013
i for 1 dont shop grayson and most of my family dont .its a shame our town is stuck in the past and cant move on there is just nothing here and never will be COME ON GRAYSON DONT LET US DOWN FIX THIS BEFORE WE END UP LIKE OLIVE HILL
Action

Schererville, IN

#9 Jan 31, 2013
advocate for change wrote:
<quoted text>hey dude , I agree . I have lived in carter county all my life and had that damn college shit shoved in my face for many ,many years ! I am 43 , by the way ! Yes it made university status , I thought that would make a difference , but no ! You are right , we do need to go wet ! If we did , we could have places like Applebees , or Outback , Texas Roadhouse. Etc. To me that says "JOBS" for people in our county ! Not to mention the tax revenue that comes from the alcohol sales ! Its like 200 percent ! But the problem is grayson is run by "OLD MONEY " people with old ways of thought ! Eventually the "OLD " will need those nurseing homes and the younger generation can take over ! Till then , we need to remember that , in order to go wet we have to have voters , registered voters ! Petitions ! Seems like all we have here in carter county is a bunch of "pill heads " , " meth heads " etc ! That number keeps growing ! Those people don't vote ! So I say we need the cops , we need the fire dept to put out meth fires ! What we "REALLY" need is a "BRAND SPANKIN NEW " judical System in this county ! Voters can do that too ! " Hell" let's petition the attorny gen. And complain bout it ! Have a special judge see these drug / theft cases ! But u need registeted voters to do that tooi ! I feel ur pain dude ! But till then I guess I will go to ashland or kynova like u and everyone else ! PEACE !
Start taking it over NOW. Some young people need to get into politics and then have the young generation get out and vote you in. Action!
mom

Grayson, KY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
i dont shop grayson i will drive the extra to boyd county to shop this town really does suck im looking to move to boyd county real soon
Sick of Grayson

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
This town sucks! I for one don't spend any money in this town, everyone is rude, acts like it kills them to work,they would rather be a pill head and live off the government.
Just saying

Greenup, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2013
This town has so much POTENTIAL, seeing as how we have I-64, AA Highway, and were in the middle of 3 parks. Just imagine if Grayson were to go wet, and build a cinema. You would have people from Olive Hill, Lawrence County, Greenup County, Lewis County, and Elliot County coming here to watch a movie and dine at some nice restaurants(Applebee's, Texas Roadhouse, etc). This would only help to draw other stores here like Walmart, Target, etc. I can only hope that this would also help curb our drug problem, seeing as how we would have more jobs and things to do. It's too damn bad that those with money won't let it grow though.
never to late

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jan 31, 2013
While I agree with Grayson going wet. Tell me how that will help. With some many people saying they wont shop in Grayson. Thats one of the biggest problem. I myself shop in town with my friends and neighbours as much as possible. All the dining places everybody names off will not come to Grayson just because its wet. They will not build that close together. Walmart would shut down the businesses that are here now. Things are not as simple as they seem. Im for going wet and progress but not if it turns our little town into a place with chain owned businesses. Local business with local employees and small town life is what makes Grayson a great place to live.
guy

Grayson, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2013
never to late wrote:
While I agree with Grayson going wet. Tell me how that will help. With some many people saying they wont shop in Grayson. Thats one of the biggest problem. I myself shop in town with my friends and neighbours as much as possible. All the dining places everybody names off will not come to Grayson just because its wet. They will not build that close together. Walmart would shut down the businesses that are here now. Things are not as simple as they seem. Im for going wet and progress but not if it turns our little town into a place with chain owned businesses. Local business with local employees and small town life is what makes Grayson a great place to live.
name just one thing thats great about grayson foodfair is way to high theres no good places to eat nothing for our youth no jobs the list goes on
opinion

Argillite, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2013
its not about the small town businesses and if their customers was faithful then they shouldnt have a problem...( they are to expensive anyway) what you are not looking at is the job opportunities it would bring... and there is enough distance for more of the chains to come in... this little town sucks for the same reason you want it to stay little... we have all the problems of a major town without the stuff..

what i dont understand is that people get on here and everywhere else and complain about this small town then they say no to progress... so stop complaining unless you are going to do something about it.... myself i am planning on running for a office come next year.... so i can make things happen in this town...
Sarcasm

Greenup, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2013
never to late wrote:
Yeah let's keep Grayson just the way it is, seems to be working out really well don't you think?
Rural Carter Countian

Morehead, KY

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Just saying wrote about wanting a cinema and several restaurants in Grayson and then said they hoped it would curb the drug problem. Well, Ashland has all the things just saying mentioned and I read in The Independent every day about all the drug arrests, etc. in Ashland. So what makes you think having these places in Grayson would "curb" the drug problem? I agree that it would be nice to have a cinema and some nice places to eat in town but I don't agree that it would make a difference in Grayson or Carter County's drug problem. I live in rural Carter county but I do shop in Grayson quite often. I don't use alcohol but if there was a nice restaurant in Grayson that happened to serve alcohol I would patronize this restaurant. One of our favorite places to eat now is Cheddar's in Ashland. Just because an establishment sells alcoholic beverages doesn't mean that every customer has to buy it.
Just saying

Greenup, KY

#20 Jan 31, 2013
Rural Carter Countian wrote:
Just saying wrote about wanting a cinema and several restaurants in Grayson and then said they hoped it would curb the drug problem. Well, Ashland has all the things just saying mentioned and I read in The Independent every day about all the drug arrests, etc. in Ashland. So what makes you think having these places in Grayson would "curb" the drug problem? I agree that it would be nice to have a cinema and some nice places to eat in town but I don't agree that it would make a difference in Grayson or Carter County's drug problem. I live in rural Carter county but I do shop in Grayson quite often. I don't use alcohol but if there was a nice restaurant in Grayson that happened to serve alcohol I would patronize this restaurant. One of our favorite places to eat now is Cheddar's in Ashland. Just because an establishment sells alcoholic beverages doesn't mean that every customer has to buy it.
Yes Ashland has a drug problem, but did you ever stop to think what their drug problem might be like if they didn't have the cinemas and mall? I assure you it would be far worse. So if we just keep a handful of kids off drugs, isn't that better than nothing?
opinion

Argillite, KY

#21 Jan 31, 2013
you people are taking this to a new level that its not ment to be... this is about getting more in grayson... no one cares about the drug problem... they find ways around everything just to do them... yes we might not hear about it as often... but if you want to talk drugs go to another forum cause this is not one for it..... the drugs will be there no matter what... this is about changing grayson for the better... and i dont care what you have to say to this post... drugs are all around us we cant get rid of them but we can make grayson a better town for those you live here...
agree

Grayson, KY

#22 Jan 31, 2013
I would be happy for a Walmart and other stores to open in Graysonand put some of the ones here out of business. Just because they know they are your only choice in town then they treat people like crap. Like Foodfair and Jame's Family Outfitter's. I refuse to shop at either, I drive to Ashland or Morhead for shoes because the employees at Jame's follow everybody around that goes in there, Its not to help like they say, they treat you like a theif and its not right. I have also heard of Foodfair doing the same thing and its BS! I agree that maing the county wet would help alot. I don't believe there would be moe dui's, actually just the opposite. I think alot of the dui's stem from people wanting to go out and have a drink and they have to drive back to Grayson. Where as if we were wet they could haave a drink and then run by and grab somehing o drink whenthey get home. They old stuck up snobs nee to go!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Best lawyer in Grayson (Apr '10) 1 hr no4fact it is so ... 26
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Carline 135,672
Wilhoit Law Office 1 hr wondering 1
Cliftons post gone again 2 hr Help find him 7
vanessa gollihue 5 hr vanessa 28
china house (May '13) 10 hr how? 18
Sabrina Sigmund 10 hr sissy 14
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]