Directions to good cliff jumping loca...

Directions to good cliff jumping locations at grayson lake

Posted in the Grayson Forum

Terry Taylor

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Jun 11, 2009
Ok ok, I know it's illegal but I just moved to the area from Summersville, WV and heard that there were a few good cliff jumping locations on Grayson lake. The problem is I don't know how to find any of them! If anyone can give me some directions to finding some good cliff jumping locations it'd be great appreciated! The cliff jumping at summersville is superb but since I moved i haven't jumped and didnt know there was a lake with decent jumps until someone mentioned grayson lake.
Some Guy

Whitney, TX

#2 Jun 11, 2009
I really think you shouldn't go cliff jumping. Recently there was a drowning and the "Fish & Wildlife" have been watching all the cliffs, ready to fine anyone who jumps.
James Sparks

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Jun 11, 2009
I recently heard of someone getting killed out there Cliff Jumping, BUT I also heard he couldn't swim in the first place and was smoking dope with his friends. As long as you're safe about it and know what you're doing you should be fine. Just keep an eye out for the Fish and Wildlife guys and you'll be alright.
Terry Taylor

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Jun 11, 2009
Well, I've been cliff jumping all of my life so I know how to swim and jump and all that so that shouldn't be a problem. I also dont smoke dope so that shouldn't be a problem either. I'm just looking for directions to some good jump spots at grayson lake. I'm used to having to watch for the F&W since they banned cliff jumping at all corps lakes so I'll take my chances but thanks for offering the advice. I still need some good directions to some awesome jump sites
Johnny Skaggs

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Jun 11, 2009
I too was wondering the same thing. I'm From Ashland and know about the kid that died and actually know some of his friends who told me themselves he was smoking pot and couldn't swim. but that's besides the point of ur topic i suppose. I've cliff jumped Sumemrville lake too a bit. Salmon run and roadside are my favorite places however I've never been jumping at Grayson tho I've wanted to. Just never taken the time. I'm watching this topic close cause I wanna know where the good spots are. I've heard people i've gone to high school with talk about clifty creek or something but I dont know how to get to the cliffs to jump. I've fished in that area though with some success.

“Cleansing the Gene Pool ”

Since: May 09

Earth

#6 Jun 11, 2009
Yes please be sure you can swim before jumping. We have all seen what peer pressure and deep water can do to someone who can't swim; natural selection.
unknown

Russell, KY

#7 Jun 11, 2009
yea.....its a good direction right to ur grave if ur stupid enough to go jump....you people are idiots......cliff jumping is stupid.
Some Guy

Whitney, TX

#8 Jun 11, 2009
Why don't you just drive up around the lake. Many pull offs and lots of people up that way. I'm sure you can find someone to give you directions, if you don't find it yourself.

Good word of advice, some cliffs about 1-3 miles before the golf course, on a side road. Not sure of the name, but when you turn off, go up a little ways, and you'll see a big pull off. Bout the best I can give you.
really

Ashland, KY

#9 Jun 11, 2009
ask travis and drew they know where to jump at
try this

Wagoner, OK

#10 Jun 11, 2009
Terry Taylor wrote:
Well, I've been cliff jumping all of my life so I know how to swim and jump and all that so that shouldn't be a problem. I also dont smoke dope so that shouldn't be a problem either. I'm just looking for directions to some good jump spots at grayson lake. I'm used to having to watch for the F&W since they banned cliff jumping at all corps lakes so I'll take my chances but thanks for offering the advice. I still need some good directions to some awesome jump sites
OK just go toward the grayson lake...and the first road on the left..before you get to the turn for the boat docks..i think the road is call deer creek road or something like that..just go down that road until you get to the first or second pull off spot..and walk over the hill there is a big rock there...we use to jump off as kids...its not real big but you can start there...and i think that there are a lot more places on down the road pass the boat docks..good luck and have fun..
cliff jumper

Richmond, KY

#11 Jun 30, 2009
ok ill help out with directions sense nobody else will...but yea the kid couldnt swim and drowned the jump didnt kill him and neither did hitting the water...yes its dangerous but still funn any way "try this" gave you directions to "sex rock" thats a good spot to start...there is actually 2 spots there..."sex rock" itself and there is another one right next to it...its about 30 35 feet...but if you want to get to the big ones you keep driving past that untill you see a little building on the right (cant remember anything about the building though) but the road on the right directly after that building, you turn onto it... you drive down that aways like 1 mile maybe and you will see a spot on the right side where you can tell cars pull up at..park there and you'll see a trail...go down the trail untill you see some rocks with a tree kinda laid down it...use the tree to pull urself up the rocks[be carefull the rocks are really slick] and follow that you will run right into "waterfall"..the 3rd highest cliff its about 60 feet[also dont walk onto the running water...its extremly slick...actually just this past sunday i was up there and seen a girl step there slip and fall and slid face first down the water fall into the water...she survived]... and people sit and slide down the water fall all the time..but be carefull and keep your head forward if you attemp this...there is a ledge you can walk down to thats "pussy point"...then there are trails on the other side of the water fall take these to "oh shit" its about 75 feet. as you can tell its a difficult jump because you must jump over a tree in order to land as safe as possible in the water but you can jump too high or else you'll hit a tree limb [it gets its name because its a difficult jump...and when you are in the air you are supposed to try to scream oh shit 3 times before hitting the water...and if your mouth is open when u hit you will prolly chip a tooth or bit your tongue extremly hard]k... then to big papa..."Nyers" the tallest of them all get back on the road keep heading down the way you where going and youll see another small spot on the side of the road...follow the trail to "Nyers" i think its about 85 feet,,,but there ya go i helped the best i could...be carefull and after u jump if you see a patroll boat comming after you swim and run as fast as possible...they can only fine what they can catch......couple of quick pointers...keep your arms to your side...point your toes...keep your mouth shut [unless your attempting to "oh shit challenge"]...keep your feet together...and before every jumpask surrounding people if the coast is clear of patroll boats...they also hide in the woods...
AboutFace

Morehead, KY

#12 Jul 2, 2009
I heard JohnyP from Grayson knows a little about cliff jumping! I think that was him that just posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min chuck zimmerman 158,019
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 18 min Jonah1 23,957
Tommy boggs on life support 32 min RIGHT 12
anyone want to have sex (Jun '11) 1 hr allie 44
leonard danner (Feb '16) 1 hr Kmy 2
Best photographer? 2 hr sue 6
Aaron snyder 3 hr RIGHT 11

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages