The sad state of Grayson now

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MTC

Ashland, KY

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Just look around at Grayson, what do you see? I see old, run down buildings with many of them being vacant. Examples are, the old Kmart/Farmer's building, car wash next to McFarland Murray, Randy's Roadside, old Mussetter's building, old garage next to Prichard, and most every business on Robert and Mary. So ask yourself, is this an enticing environment for new businesses? It would be like building a new house in the slums.

Now drive around Grayson on a Friday or Saturday night and what do you see? A ghost town, why is that? It's because everyone is more than likely in Boyd County at the movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or shopping at the mall. What does Grayson offer that makes people want to come to it on weekend night? I remember 25+ years ago when we cruised town seeing more people at 2am than you do at 8pm now, is that not sad?

In closing, we need to clean up our town so that we may try and lure better businesses here and go wet. If we don't do something, the only businesses that will make it here are gas stations due to people getting gas for the drive to Boyd County!
bitchy

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2013
MTC wrote:
Just look around at Grayson, what do you see? I see old, run down buildings with many of them being vacant. Examples are, the old Kmart/Farmer's building, car wash next to McFarland Murray, Randy's Roadside, old Mussetter's building, old garage next to Prichard, and most every business on Robert and Mary. So ask yourself, is this an enticing environment for new businesses? It would be like building a new house in the slums.

Now drive around Grayson on a Friday or Saturday night and what do you see? A ghost town, why is that? It's because everyone is more than likely in Boyd County at the movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or shopping at the mall. What does Grayson offer that makes people want to come to it on weekend night? I remember 25+ years ago when we cruised town seeing more people at 2am than you do at 8pm now, is that not sad?

In closing, we need to clean up our town so that we may try and lure better businesses here and go wet. If we don't do something, the only businesses that will make it here are gas stations due to people getting gas for the drive to Boyd County!
Move to Boyd county if you don't like it you smartass!

Judged:

13

12

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MTC

Ashland, KY

#3 Feb 24, 2013
bitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Boyd county if you don't like it you smartass!
A true sign of ignorance is when one fails to say anything useful and has to resort to name calling.
David

United States

#4 Feb 24, 2013
bitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Boyd county if you don't like it you smartass!
It's idiots like you that keep Grayson from growing. Your head is so far up your ass that you can't see that other people want Grayson to GROW!
zero

Ashland, KY

#5 Feb 24, 2013
MTC wrote:
Just look around at Grayson, what do you see? I see old, run down buildings with many of them being vacant. Examples are, the old Kmart/Farmer's building, car wash next to McFarland Murray, Randy's Roadside, old Mussetter's building, old garage next to Prichard, and most every business on Robert and Mary. So ask yourself, is this an enticing environment for new businesses? It would be like building a new house in the slums.
Now drive around Grayson on a Friday or Saturday night and what do you see? A ghost town, why is that? It's because everyone is more than likely in Boyd County at the movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or shopping at the mall. What does Grayson offer that makes people want to come to it on weekend night? I remember 25+ years ago when we cruised town seeing more people at 2am than you do at 8pm now, is that not sad?
In closing, we need to clean up our town so that we may try and lure better businesses here and go wet. If we don't do something, the only businesses that will make it here are gas stations due to people getting gas for the drive to Boyd County!
Wrong! all you see is pill heads!and the reason you dont see anyone is because they are to high to need anyting else!
bitchy

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>It's idiots like you that keep Grayson from growing. Your head is so far up your ass that you can't see that other people want Grayson to GROW!
If you don't like it get the hell out! You whiny bitch!
David

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2013
bitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like it get the hell out! You whiny bitch!
Do you have anything of intelligence to add to the conversation? Or do you just enjoy acting like a spoiled brat?
wat

Lexington, KY

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Look here I'm tired of all the crying about Grayson. This town is not going to improve in the short term or long term so if you don't like it then move to Boyd county is what you need to do.
bitchy

United States

#9 Feb 24, 2013
wat wrote:
Look here I'm tired of all the crying about Grayson. This town is not going to improve in the short term or long term so if you don't like it then move to Boyd county is what you need to do.
That's right tell these whining bastards to get the hell out of Grayson if they don't like it.
Just a thought

Ashland, KY

#10 Feb 24, 2013
wat wrote:
Look here I'm tired of all the crying about Grayson. This town is not going to improve in the short term or long term so if you don't like it then move to Boyd county is what you need to do.
Look here, I'm just as tired of morons clicking on a damn topic then bitching about it like a school girl. Unless you suffer from a lack of reading comprehension, then the damn topic name should have told you what it was going to be about. If you don't like the damn topic then move on to the next topic is what you need to do!!!!
Just a thought

Ashland, KY

#11 Feb 24, 2013
bitchy wrote:
<quoted text>That's right tell these whining bastards to get the hell out of Grayson if they don't like it.
You know it really says a lot about your mental capacity when you keep clicking on a topic that you claim to hate.
David

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2013
I'm thinking "Wat" and " bitchy" are a Woods and Justice.
queeny

Roaring Spring, PA

#13 Feb 24, 2013
I agree~i would like too see tax money
generated ln the community- instead of making the political leaders rich and housing criminald.
Dave

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Feb 25, 2013
I hate to say it but if Grayson does not legalize alcohol sales in the up coming wet dry vote” if it ever comes up“, then don't count on Grayson to ever growing, because nothing will locate in Grayson and more business will go out “what little they are left“. so the best thing is change your plans for Grayson, start investing in cheap slum housing for all the low life’s that start locating in Grayson.
Makers Mark

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Dave wrote:
I hate to say it but if Grayson does not legalize alcohol sales in the up coming wet dry vote” if it ever comes up“, then don't count on Grayson to ever growing, because nothing will locate in Grayson and more business will go out “what little they are left“. so the best thing is change your plans for Grayson, start investing in cheap slum housing for all the low life’s that start locating in Grayson.
If they don't legalise alcohol. Talk about an agenda. If that's what it takes then get out if Grayson. You people think that alcohol sales control the growth and economy. What a bunch of idiots. If you want to be an alcoholic that's your business but we don't have to legalise sales to support your habit.
gray

Grayson, KY

#16 Feb 25, 2013
bitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Boyd county if you don't like it you smartass!
yea now thats the way everyone just move and give up on grayson your comment shows you care nothing about grayson
username

Morehead, KY

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Dave wrote:
I hate to say it but if Grayson does not legalize alcohol sales in the up coming wet dry vote” if it ever comes up“, then don't count on Grayson to ever growing, because nothing will locate in Grayson and more business will go out “what little they are left“. so the best thing is change your plans for Grayson, start investing in cheap slum housing for all the low life’s that start locating in Grayson.
When is the vote?
history

Ashland, KY

#18 Feb 25, 2013
I think most people need to educate themselves on how that alcohol sales has caused the United States to grow an be productive across the board. What most people don't realize that alcohol sales tax is a very big money maker. I see nothing wrong with someone going to a nice dinner enjoying a glass of wine, beer or cocktail.

oh btw just do a little research on how far beer is dated back you'd be surprised. Btw how would legalizing sales be supporting my habits? It would create jobs an several of them in fact. If a texas road house would open how many people would they employ? An applebees, Ocharleys, anywhere from 50-80 people so that's additional 150-240 jobs not counting the actual liquor stores, then the taxes would give money to our police department, firedepartment, ambulances, so hmmm that would be hurting grayson right...
bitchy

United States

#19 Feb 25, 2013
gray wrote:
<quoted text>yea now thats the way everyone just move and give up on grayson your comment shows you care nothing about grayson
I care nothing about legalising alcohol sales you dumbass. I do not want to see a liquor store on every corner and raise my kids in that. If you do move to Ashland and anyone else that don't like it get the hell out of Grayson. I love Grayson.
bitchy

United States

#20 Feb 25, 2013
history wrote:
I think most people need to educate themselves on how that alcohol sales has caused the United States to grow an be productive across the board. What most people don't realize that alcohol sales tax is a very big money maker. I see nothing wrong with someone going to a nice dinner enjoying a glass of wine, beer or cocktail.

oh btw just do a little research on how far beer is dated back you'd be surprised. Btw how would legalizing sales be supporting my habits? It would create jobs an several of them in fact. If a texas road house would open how many people would they employ? An applebees, Ocharleys, anywhere from 50-80 people so that's additional 150-240 jobs not counting the actual liquor stores, then the taxes would give money to our police department, firedepartment, ambulances, so hmmm that would be hurting grayson right...
They would need the additional tax revenue to deal with all of the additional problems created by the availability of alcohol. We don't need more McDonald wages jobs. We need good paying jobs that a person can support a family with. Restaurant and bar jobs will not provide that. All it will do is put more alcoholics on the road and create a dangerous environment for us to drive in. Drugs are bad enough without putting liquor stores everywhere in Grayson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney Carroll: Missing for four weeks... 3 min Dallas Texas 20
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Mike Duquette 136,166
Cliftons post gone again 56 min popem 9
Why are there no carry outs at the new Ralph's? 1 hr Progressive 28
Sarah duke in jail 2 hr yes 17
Does anyone know Ada Layne or where she is 2 hr puppy 5
are the police honest in carter county 2 hr Stone cold truth 2
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]