Grayson Townhomes Sucks

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anna

Flatwoods, KY

#1 Aug 9, 2011
Ok so we had inspection this morning and this afternoon there was a notice of a lease violation because there was like 3 dirty plates in the sink and the floors needed vacumned. They don't allow pets, and the maintenance man Kevin barges is whenever he wants, for no reason. He came over one day and I was upstairs. I guess he didn't know anyone was home because I came downstairs to find him fixing a sandwich. I'd be better off at a place like Bruce Apartments.
mike

Ashland, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2011
so anna quit living at your mamma and go get a job and off your butt.
want to know

Owingsville, KY

#3 Aug 9, 2011
Anna wrote:
Ok so we had inspection this morning and this afternoon there was a notice of a lease violation because there was like 3 dirty plates in the sink and the floors needed vacumned. They don't allow pets, and the maintenance man Kevin barges is whenever he wants, for no reason. He came over one day and I was upstairs. I guess he didn't know anyone was home because I came downstairs to find him fixing a sandwich. I'd be better off at a place like Bruce Apartments.
make a police report?
granny

Ashland, KY

#4 Aug 9, 2011
Anna wrote:
Well you need to clean your house , nobody likes a nasty house and maybe get a job so you can live some place better .
Anna

Flatwoods, KY

#5 Aug 9, 2011
mike wrote:
so anna quit living at your mamma and go get a job and off your butt.
f*ck you mike if I could get a job trust me I would but ain't nobody gonna hire a girl on crutches
want to know

Owingsville, KY

#6 Aug 9, 2011
but did you report the intrusion to the police? And is it in your contract that you can not have a few dishes in the sink? To have a spotless kitchen is very rare for anyone. Normal living is expected during inspections. If you just finished breakfast etc. Everyday living should not require extra touches for an inspection. And it is not low cost housing. It is rather expensive to live there unless you are on HUD. Report the maintainence man to the police or go see the DA about it. He committed a crime.
Renter

Ashland, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2011
They are not allowed to barge in unannounced unless it is an emergency. They have to let you know ahead of time. I made it clear to my landlord if I catch anyone coming or leaving my apartment it had better be on fire. It is an invasion of privacy otherwise.
Anna

Flatwoods, KY

#8 Aug 10, 2011
It's like they have favorites when it comes to the tenants. Basically the people down in number 5 have a chihuahua and the landlord idn't say jack shit to them but I have to get rid of my cat? That dog makes a hell of alot more noise than my cat does and management didn't say jack shit to them
want to know

Knox City, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2011
Anna wrote:
It's like they have favorites when it comes to the tenants. Basically the people down in number 5 have a chihuahua and the landlord idn't say jack shit to them but I have to get rid of my cat? That dog makes a hell of alot more noise than my cat does and management didn't say jack shit to them
yOU HAVE TO HAVE A MEDICAL REASON TO HAVE A PET. Get a doctors statement that you have a physical or emotional need for it. Otherwise people there with pets do pay etra rent to keep them.
Just Wondering

Flatwoods, KY

#10 Aug 11, 2011
the people in # 5 have a dr.'s excuse to have their dog an had to have permission from the main office before they moved in. and no one with pets has to pay extra rent. and your lease states that the maintenance man can come into the apartment and check things out if he is told to by the owner. I don't believe one minute that he would go into someone's apartment and eat their food! you need to get your lease out and READ IT...
want to know

Knox City, TX

#11 Aug 11, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
the people in # 5 have a dr.'s excuse to have their dog an had to have permission from the main office before they moved in. and no one with pets has to pay extra rent. and your lease states that the maintenance man can come into the apartment and check things out if he is told to by the owner. I don't believe one minute that he would go into someone's apartment and eat their food! you need to get your lease out and READ IT...
tHEY HAVE TO HAVE A LEGAL REASON TO GO IN REGARDLESS OF WHO GIVES THEM PERMISSION. Unless the tenant invites them in. Its the law. Even the owner cannot go in unless its a valid reason and some reasons legally require an advance notice. It is the law that protects renters from invasion of privacy. They can only enter unannounced when it is an emergency, such as gas leak or fire. Any other reason requires it in writing . If the lease says otherwise then its an illegal lease that can be taken up in small claims court. It will be a civil matter.
want to know

Knox City, TX

#12 Aug 11, 2011
as for paying extra rent for pets, yes it was several years ago that a tenent did pay extra per dog as she had a few, although small dogs.
ttt

Marion, OH

#13 Aug 11, 2011
the things you are saying about the maintenance man are bare face lies i know him very well he is honest and hardworking unlike you apparently he is just doing his job
want to know

Knox City, TX

#14 Aug 11, 2011
ttt wrote:
the things you are saying about the maintenance man are bare face lies i know him very well he is honest and hardworking unlike you apparently he is just doing his job
If they are lies then he can request ID from Topix and of course take her to court over it. Even if he only sues for a dollar it would make a point valuable not only to her bust save his reputation. There are men that would do what she has accused him of but it is curious she never pressed charges herself.
Just saying

Flatwoods, KY

#15 Aug 11, 2011
ttt wrote:
Well a lot of people appear to be honest and hardworking until they are caught.
Just saying

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Aug 11, 2011
want to know wrote:
<quoted text>If they are lies then he can request ID from Topix and of course take her to court over it. Even if he only sues for a dollar it would make a point valuable not only to her bust save his reputation. There are men that would do what she has accused him of but it is curious she never pressed charges herself.
First of all retain a lawyer over a sandwich, must have been a damn good sandwich. Secondly, they can't prove he did no more than he can prove he didn't, unless they had a secret video camera.
Anna

Flatwoods, KY

#17 Aug 11, 2011
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all retain a lawyer over a sandwich, must have been a damn good sandwich. Secondly, they can't prove he did no more than he can prove he didn't, unless they had a secret video camera.
No I don't intend to press charges over a sandwich, nor am I going to press charges over him coming in unannounced. I have spoken with him and made it clear that I need like a 24-hour notice of when he is coming to make repairs or check for things that need repairs.
want to know

Knox City, TX

#18 Aug 11, 2011
Anna wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't intend to press charges over a sandwich, nor am I going to press charges over him coming in unannounced. I have spoken with him and made it clear that I need like a 24-hour notice of when he is coming to make repairs or check for things that need repairs.
Then why air it out here on Topix? You are like a dog that just barks and barks but never bites. People get irritated with that noise.
Sandwich dr

Mount Olivet, KY

#19 Aug 12, 2011
Hey maintenance man next time you decide to have a free lunch call me
Watch your self

Crooksville, OH

#20 Aug 12, 2011
ANNA if I was you Id watch what you say...... You never know who may be reading this. And you know just as well as I do that he wasnt making a sandwhich in your house. You are a well known liar so if I was you Id watch who I talk about cause you never who is around the corner. Just saying charma is a bitch. Be careful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robin Webb 8 min Donkey 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 37 min Terra Firma 12,911
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr yabadabado 148,848
Rae Ann Jackson Jones (Sep '15) 9 hr Wondering 16
DrunkFest 13 hr Sickofit 38
Bo Waggoner 23 hr Grayson citizen 19
bret adams (Jan '09) Thu Grayson citizen 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages