Parents who don't send their kids to school...

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hummm

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Feb 18, 2009
I thought if parents let their kids miss so many days in a school year they could possibly face jail time.. I see certain children who it seems are NEVER in school and wonder why and why don't the parents get in trouble for this..
Seems like it's just pure laziness that you wouldn't send your child to school and I could understand if they are sick but I know these kids aren't that sick ALL the time.. I'm really not pointing finger's at any particular parents, I'm just wondering what are the penalities as a parent for letting your children miss so much and why are these laws not enforced if anything a child should HAVE to go to school!
fyi

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Feb 18, 2009
can you say home school and its legal

Since: Feb 09

Grayson, Kentucky

#3 Feb 18, 2009
Well they would just sign them out of the school system and call it HOME SCHOOL before they went to jail anyway.

I see many names of people on this site who are now hooked on drugs that were allowed to be so called home schooled. They didn't have anything better to do when they wasn't in school so they found drugs to fill the time. I do believe that some people are really home schooling children the right way but I also believe this is abused and should have some major monitoring. Testing should be imposed on homeschooling. If the student does not test at the grade level they should at then they should be required to return them to the classroom (private or public). Online education is not classroom education.
Publius

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 18, 2009
If parents of the community do not care for, or respect, education why should their kids? I have rarely seen a place that neglects, and downright discourages, the education of their children more than Grayson.
concerned

Ashland, KY

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Isn't it funny that Maggie S. Doesn't go to school? Her family doesn't know this except for her mom
late night in the City

Ashland, KY

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Homeschooling is regulated. Parents have to present a syllabus to the state for approval prior to withdrawing their child.

Homeschooling done the way it should be results in a smarter child that tends to be unable to cope with society upon adulthood. Children need interaction with other children in order to develop normally.
todays news

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Maggie never goes to school.
I always see her running around with
her mother though in town.
Of course theres alot of kids that go to
east skipping school and one teacher that lets
them sneak out(amber)!
Some will go to school then leave after a few classes and ever leave for a while and then go back to school. Are they not monitoring the kids there or do they just let them walk out and leave whenever they want?? This concerns me.It the child isnt in class they should be calling the parents and reporting them absent!!
Shawnda Stamper

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2009
There is only so many adult that is teaching at the school they are not payed to baby sit they are payed to give you child eduction and yes some kid might skip school and classes but that is not the faculties fault, They do their best and if a child is caught then they do get into trouble but if your a parent you know kids are sneaky and their is probably things that your child dose and you don't even know about, ECHS has cameras and most teachers there do their best especially for what teacher get paid, but money aside, most of the teachers there do care about the young adults or as you call them kids. There just isn't enough help!
Student

Ashland, KY

#9 Feb 19, 2009
I'm a student at WCHS, and I don't go to school as much as I need to. I skip alot of days, my parents know i'm not sick. I'm a good kid. I don't drink. I've never touched drugs, even when i've been offered, and pressured. School is just to stressful for me. I've got a good head on my shoulders, but the school drama just gets under my skin. I honestly hate going to school. I hardly ever have a "good day". My parents understand this, my mother knows what i'm going through. I let the smallest things get to me. So if a child isn't going to school everyday, don't think it's just because they're lazy, or a bad kid. It may be the case sometimes, but not always.
Before you point your fingers, make sure your hands are clean.
Daniel Plainview

Jeffersonville, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2009
I didnt go to school because it wasnt really needed. East prepared me for nothing, I gained all of my knowledge on my own.(aside from the basics of course, which I thank Hitchins for. Im solely talking about highschool material.)

By my senior year I just thought "Well i could waste my time at school talking to people....or I could sleep until 11 and waste my time at home."

It was an easy choice.
hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#11 Feb 20, 2009
Maybe I should have explained myself a little better since no one got the whole point of my topic.. I'm talking about 4th or 5th grader's that I know good and well are NOT home schooled just simply not going to school for no reason at all just because they don't want too.. That is NOT a reason to skip school or miss once a week or even once every two weeks..
I understand some parents home school their kids, I'm not talking about them, and if the parent is doing a better job at home teaching their kids more power to you!!
I'm not speaking of high school kids either.. A high school student is old enough to know better..I'm not pointing my finger at any ONE particular person, parent, or student.. If I was pointing finger's I really don't think I have enough to point at everyone.. I'm asking why are these penalities not enforced? That's the question and the topic, what are the penalities for not sending your child to school? Does anyone even know?
I think if you do home school your child or if your not going to send them to school public or private whichever, then a child needs to learn the responsibilty of getting up and actually being on time for something.. How do u think children learn, from their parents, so if a child learns it's okay to miss once a week, or it's okay to sleep til noon everyday.. What example are you setting for them? In the long run when this child grows up and has to provide for their own family what have they learned from that parent?
So let's see what kind of comments you all leave now..
Jay

Ashland, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2009
"what are the penalities for not sending your child to school? Does anyone even know?"

Well, it seems like there aren't any... otherwise parents around here would be screwed!
Grayson

Ashland, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2009
The kids who are "home bound " thru the school system don't get much teaching. If a Dr puts a child on Home Bound is the child evaluated the way a student is who attends everyday? Does anyone know how it works? How long can you be on home bound per a doctor with our tax dollars helping pay for a teacher to come to your house and teach your child for 1 hour 2-3 dyas a week or whatever it is? Shouldn't those parents have to pay the fees that other Home schooling parents have to pay sooner rather than later??
anita is my real name

Grayson, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2009
!as for u uneducated people I payed a private teacher for my child. a teacher out of heritage school with my own money no tax dollars payed for it. and my child did learn to not go around cusseing people out on buses and giveing them the bird .and for your info my maggie is a honor roll student straight as and bs AND THE BS DONT STAND FOR BEER
anita is my real name

Grayson, KY

#15 Mar 12, 2009
TO TODAYS NEWS ,,UPDATE U ARE NOT VERY SMART MY DAUGHTER DOES GO TO SCHOOL AND NO TAX PAYERS DID NOT PAY FOR HER BEING ON HOME SCHOOL I HAD A HIRED TEACHER ONE THAT IS IN THE SYSTEM FOR 20 YEARS.AND TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS I CANT HELP IT IF SHE IS MAKEING A"S AND b"S AND ON HONOR ROLL AND ALL YOURS CAN DO IS FIGURE UP THE PRICE OF BEER A CASE AND TALK ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS. WOULD U LIKE TO KNOW THE NAME OF HER TEACHER IT IS A TEACHER OUT OF HERITAGE SCHOOL.IF U NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE COME OUT FROM BEHIND THE COMPUTER AND ASK,,LOL
todays news

Ashland, KY

#16 Mar 12, 2009
Isnt it funny that you say you were paying this teacher to come into your home but yet you own husband didnt even know that maggie hadnt been to school since november??? hmm imagine that??
auntie bee

Ashland, KY

#17 Mar 12, 2009
well my opinion of our school system is not the best by far. i took my oldest child out of school in the third grade because he has dyslexia, would they help him? HELL NO!!!!! i had to take him out to teach him how to learn things his own way. all because they wouldnt help him. i put him back in the next year with promises from the school system to help him...he is now in the sixth grade and still totally behind and struggling to keep up. do they offer tutoring? yes but only if you can afford it. because the only way its free is if you are low income. otherwise it's 50 bucks per hour. so if you can home school your children i say you go for it, because they will probably learn more. as for kids missing school i think that if your child is sick keep them home!!!
anita is my real name

Grayson, KY

#18 Mar 12, 2009
TO HMMMM I AM MAGGIES MOTHER iknow who u are maggie is putting yours to shame lol u dont buy her clothes or food why does it bother ushe makes straight A"s and B"S and a dont stand for alchol and b dont stand for beer but since u are worried about my daughters education maybe u can go back to school and get one and learn how to care for your mom and yes i took care of mine so that is worth hmmmm about ,and that is todays news flash in carter county,
jimmy is my name

Grayson, KY

#19 Mar 12, 2009
and i know where my child has been on home schooling by a payed teacher where do u think i was durning this u live close enough u should know and yes we payed brenda barnhill,and maggie is in regular school but she dont ride the bus with scum we take her to school and pick her up
jimmy is my name

Grayson, KY

#20 Mar 12, 2009
oh i didnt know maggie was on home school well that is the dummest thing i have ever heard of i live with my wife and child everyday.she is now back in school just because she dont ride the bus with dumb kids dont mean she is not in school we take her to and from to keep her away from trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Known Fact 132,131
bad gas at raider mart (shell station) 9 hr employee 4
You ever been caught masturbating? (May '09) 10 hr blllie 47
arrie callihan , was he stabbed or shot last ni... (Apr '10) 11 hr disgusted 5
Regina Diggs 12 hr pri 46
Does Anyone know that crazy bitch Tanya Mullins (Jan '09) Wed Nikki 4
Why do younger guys want older women? Wed whatupdog 2
Grayson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grayson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grayson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST

NBC Sports11:49AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide