First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SpeedyKat

Ashland, KY

#1 Oct 13, 2012
Heard the store is about to close again. Was really hoping it would give Foodfright some competition. Those Foodfright prices are gonna scare all the customers away. Ashland seems the best bet.
Prices at Fright

Pikeville, KY

#2 Oct 13, 2012
I Heard that they give food away at the deli if you walk in ther and tell them that you don't have means to pay for it.
So I tried it and the lady came out and gave me a huge meal , enough to feed a family.
Way to go Food fright
pay more attention

Cleveland, GA

#3 Oct 13, 2012
how can you say that foodfair prices are scary the reason no one is shopping at justices iga is because they are way higher on there prices than ralphs..... just to be nosey i went there and shopped the third day they were open usually when i go to the store i spend between 75 and 100 i know the usuall prices of the items i buy and iga was 75cents to a 1.50 on everything..... so you know buying 20 to 30 items that adds up it really makes no sense to shop there if your someone who trys to watch there money
pickle

Ashland, KY

#4 Oct 14, 2012
IGA not my store!Wally Mart for sure
disappointed

Grayson, KY

#5 Oct 14, 2012
I was one of the most excited people for IGA to open bacause of how rude Ralph's employees are, but I drive to Ashland now and won't go to either place. IGA is way way way to high. They are not even trying to compete with Ralph's and that should be very easy since their employees are so rude. If their prices were decent they could shut Ralph's down just because they have friendly employees, but not when they might as well be price gouging.I went into IGA the other day to grab a couple of things I had to have and both things was over a buck higher than Ralph's and the one item was actually 2.20 higher. I was blown away. They lost my business.
SpeedyKat

Ashland, KY

#6 Oct 14, 2012
From what I have seen at least Save-A-Lot is doing a good business. FoodFright will run its self in the ground again like it did before. Their produce is pitiful and that is one of the main things I buy. IGA never had a chance with the stink and not being able to have the variety of items to compete. Actually Grayson will never have any great businesses because those in charge are so afraid of outsiders. We need something besides more fastfood places & car washes.
just me

United States

#7 Oct 14, 2012
I hope it does close up. The last thing this town needs is another small store. We need a walmart or kroge. Like people in real towns have
daisey

Pikeville, KY

#8 Oct 15, 2012
SpeedyKat wrote:
From what I have seen at least Save-A-Lot is doing a good business. FoodFright will run its self in the ground again like it did before. Their produce is pitiful and that is one of the main things I buy. IGA never had a chance with the stink and not being able to have the variety of items to compete. Actually Grayson will never have any great businesses because those in charge are so afraid of outsiders. We need something besides more fastfood places & car washes.


So Glad to hear that someone else smells that smell!!! Ewwwww!!!
The Truth

Ashland, KY

#9 Oct 15, 2012
daisey wrote:
<quoted text>
So Glad to hear that someone else smells that smell!!! Ewwwww!!!
Reminds me of that Skynard song... Eww that smell! Can you smell that smell?
funny

West Liberty, KY

#10 Oct 15, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of that Skynard song... Eww that smell! Can you smell that smell?
OMG yes
Rude

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Oct 15, 2012
I like how you mention that the Ralph's employees are rude, however, half of the employees at IGA came from Ralph's.
Besides, if you've ever worked with the public, you would know how tiresome it can be listening to people complain and try to tell you how to do your job all day long. Maybe they're not rude, just sick, tired, or worried. You never know what a person is going through.
Wrong

Grayson, KY

#12 Oct 15, 2012
You are right about one thing it does get very tiresome working with the public, I do it everyday of my life and have since I was old enough to work. However I also know its not my place to treat a customer bad because he/she is having a bad day. You can hardly get the bag boys to carry out groceries at Ralph'd and at IGA they hardly give you a choice. I have also never stood in line at Ralph's while the cashier and bagboy sat and talked about people that had just came throught their line or because they seen someone in the store and was hoping they would stay away from them. It has happened on numerous occasions at Ralph's. I quit shopping there before IGA and was driving to Walmart because of how they act. Maybe a bad day every now and then but its the same young boys and girls that are rude evry single time. I know alot of people who refuse to go in there because its like your entering a beauty pageant when you walk in they judge so bad. If they know you are loaded and not poor then they treat the people different. Its like they think being poor is going to rub off on them.
why

South Portsmouth, KY

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Why is it that now you practically have to ask the bag boys at Ralph's to take your groceries out? Ive only noticed this in like the last year or so, but now it's like they bag your groceries and walk away. I did have one young man ask me the other night if I wanted him to take them out for me. Well, hello??? Yes, I do. That is part of your job and you are getting paid hourly and not just server pay with tips. It didn't used to be this way...
Eddie

Ashland, KY

#14 Oct 16, 2012
I always tip the carry out boys and they seem to jump to wait on me. It isnt a large tip just a token, not near as much as you would in a resturant. It never hurts and gets you much better service. The carry out boys work hard to and min wage just doesnt cut it anymore.
whatever

Grayson, KY

#15 Oct 17, 2012
They work very hard huh........lol. I work in fastfood for the same pay and it is a extremely fast paced and hard job. I am over 30 yrs old and these kids are still in school. What do you mean they can't make it on min wage? They are working for spending money. However I should not have to tip them just to get them to cary out my bags when it is their job. There job is no harder than the cashier and I don't see people tipping them when they check them out fast. Nope this is all just an excuse. It cost so much for the food you buy in there to have to bribe aq bagboy to do his job!!!!!!
The Truth

Ashland, KY

#16 Oct 17, 2012
The only people on here taking up for Ralph's are people that work there, and they are the ones always bashing IGA!
Gina

Ashland, KY

#17 Oct 17, 2012
IGA is not closing. I know the Justices'and they didn't know this gossip was even going around. GOD, I wish you people had something better to do. Get a job and get off welfare. The you wouldn't have so much time to gossip.Get out in the working world and you wouldn't be so dumb.
Fed up shopper

Ashland, KY

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Eddie wrote:
I always tip the carry out boys and they seem to jump to wait on me. It isnt a large tip just a token, not near as much as you would in a resturant. It never hurts and gets you much better service. The carry out boys work hard to and min wage just doesnt cut it anymore.
And carryouts standing around looking like a jackass eating briars doesn't cut it either. So here's my tip to them, do the job you were HIRED to do if you want to have a JOB!!! If not you can continue watching people drive to Ashland to shop and you'll be left wondering why your hours are getting cut!!!
Gina

Ashland, KY

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Eddie wrote:
I always tip the carry out boys and they seem to jump to wait on me. It isnt a large tip just a token, not near as much as you would in a resturant. It never hurts and gets you much better service. The carry out boys work hard to and min wage just doesnt cut it anymore.
Kudos to you. I always tip to. I bet those kids are not always standing around doing nothing. I bet they have other jobs in the store to keep busy. I rather give a kid a tip, just because they are out there working. They could be loafing at home or getting into trouble. I like to help the one's who help themselves.
I sort of suspect the ones who are so against tipping are the one's who get everything free.
mabey

Campton, KY

#20 Oct 17, 2012
whatever wrote:
They work very hard huh........lol. I work in fastfood for the same pay and it is a extremely fast paced and hard job. I am over 30 yrs old and these kids are still in school. What do you mean they can't make it on min wage? They are working for spending money. However I should not have to tip them just to get them to cary out my bags when it is their job. There job is no harder than the cashier and I don't see people tipping them when they check them out fast. Nope this is all just an excuse. It cost so much for the food you buy in there to have to bribe aq bagboy to do his job!!!!!!
If i have to tip to get my stuff took to my car they will be waiting a long time with there hand out.We pay them to take our stuff out for us, it is already added in the price of the food we buy there.SUPER WALMART in ashland is cheeper and thats where i do 98% of my shoping and you should too for it saves a lot of money in a months time.I was raised a penny saved is a penney earned and in this day and time a person needs to shop smart if there as poore as i am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Moore III 19 min Greg 666 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr The Specialist 168,930
accident on 64 5 hr curious 3
Local news quiet on ECMS principal. 6 hr council member 6
East Carter Middle School 6 hr pek 12
has felicia elliott had her baby?who tha daddy?? (May '10) 12 hr Lmao 22
Anyone interested in buying extensive Boyds Bea... (Oct '13) 14 hr Help me 44

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages