Straight Talk from Walmart

Posted in the Grayson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed Up

Morehead, KY

#1 May 17, 2011
I was wondering if anybody has the "straight talk" service that Walmart offers for 30 or 45 dollars. I am curious as to the coverage you get with it. I currently have AT&T and am about fed up with all the dropped calls and lack of coverage in places that I have always had service before. I would like to try it out, but wanted to see if anyone had any comments on it before I do. Thanks!

Flatwoods, KY

#2 May 17, 2011
Love my Straight Talk phone and plan!
jack mally

Baird, TX

#3 May 17, 2011
is the service good who is the service from
i know

Santa Clara, CA

#4 May 17, 2011
the service is is through trac phone... good price good service and descent can you beat that?

Whitney, TX

#5 May 17, 2011
service is through verizon and it is by far the best phone service i have ever had and the best price. i would recommend it to anyone.
Uses Straight Talk

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 May 18, 2011
Straight Talk is the best cell service I've had by far! It's through Trac Phone, & uses whatever towers are around. Gets better service than the AT&T service that I had. For $45.00 a month, I get unlimited talk, unlimited texting, AND unlimited internet. The service area is great, too. I have service everyplace I had service with AT&T. I'd advise anybody to go to Straight Talk.

Lebanon, KY

#7 May 18, 2011
how much to get started?
also user

Ashland, KY

#8 May 18, 2011
If you keep an eye on the website you can find great deals on refurbished phones. I got the one that looks like a black berry for $20 plus the $30 plan. The only thing is if you do not buy mins. before the end of the due date you will have to call them and set talking to some stupid person that can not talk english and make sure they don't give you a new number.
You can also transfer your at&t number over. Just tell them you wanna port and give them your cell number. When they ask for the account number give them the cell number again. Just make sure both times you add the 606.
As far as service, well I can get service in places other phones can't. It's well worth it. Just keep up on the due dates.
cell user

Macon, GA

#9 May 18, 2011
Can't beat it. Better than at&t. You get unlimited data, unlimited texts and unlimited calls for $45. Beats at&t's unlimited text and calls for $60 per month. Better service and you save $15 per month. Traveled out of state with it and had service everywhere. Highly recommend it.

United States

#10 May 18, 2011
The phones are either on the AT&T or verizon network it depends on the letter at the end of the style number the verizon ones actually work better but are well worth the money for sure
sun fire

Baltimore, MD

#11 May 18, 2011
i have straighttalk and i think the nokia e71 phone is the best one.
sun fire

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 18, 2011
you can put another card on your reserve and when one runs out it will automatically refill it .

Sharpsburg, KY

#13 May 18, 2011
can you use your old at&t phones with straight talk service? Do the straight talk phones use sim cards?
Jack Mally

Baird, TX

#14 May 19, 2011
thanks to all for the info

Logan, WV

#15 May 19, 2011
The Straight Talk service uses either ATT or Verizon towers! Which tower network you use depends on the last letter in the model number of the phone you choose. If the phone has a C as the last letter then it is CDMA and runs on the Verizon tower network. If the phone has a G as the last letter then it is GSM and runs on the ATT tower network.
Fed Up

Morehead, KY

#16 May 19, 2011
Thanks for all the input! I guess if you have problems with AT&T now then you don't need to get one of the phones that use their towers!
The Travler

United States

#17 May 21, 2011
Straight Talk is by far the best one,,I have had AT&T and Verizon,,I am a truck driver and the service in all the states are good. If you get the Nokia E71 you have to get the $45 umlimited plan and there is a APP. you can get that makes your phone a WI FI hot spot and you can connect and use your laptop to get on the net which I am doing right now...Straight Talk is the best out there them other phone companies are ripping everyone off..I recommend everyone to switch...

United States

#18 May 21, 2011
I love mine. I have the $45.00 auto withdrawal from my bank account every month. Very convenient.

Mount Sterling, KY

#19 May 23, 2011
ive had good luck with mine also.If you have the extra money you can get a good discount buying several months at a time.You end up getting a couple of months free if I remember right.But your minutes dont roll over so if you dont use it much 30.00 cards better.You still get text and internet just not unlimited.I agree though the operators dont speak english very well.
straight talk cell owner

Greenup, KY

#20 May 25, 2011
I love my straight talk phone.. They now offer a smart phone through straight talk... cannonsburg walmart has one for just under $200. it requires the $45 card... but the service and plans are very reasonable and great quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Mickey402 154,884
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Big C 20,113
Which hotel in Grayson has bed bugs? 1 hr Concerned visitor 4
Who is the Best Bankruptchy Attroney. 1 hr OneWhoKnows 2
Huddle house has new owner 2 hr I think 17
Dezirae Bohannon got both kids taken 2 hr Hmm 3
The guy you would most like to" do " that you n... (Jan '10) 11 hr Souther mess 39

Grayson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayson Mortgages