First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cairoite

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Looking for long lost friends. Does anyone know anything about the family of the late James C. Seaton and late wife Phyllis Griffith-Seaton. I would love hearing from or about this family. Does anyone have any fond memories of this family? So many, many, years have past I can only remember the names of James Wesley (Jim or Smiley), Brenda and Sherman. Unfortunately I have forgotten the rest of their names. This family originated from your area. One family line moved to Camden, Benton County, TN and then the late James C. Seaton went back to Grayson area. This Seaton family are Seaton and Melton family of Camden, TN.
yes i know of them

Greenup, KY

#2 Aug 6, 2010
they live in hitchins some of them do all the names u mention i dont recall.and i know a joel and shelia seaton over in town.grayson.and sherman and arana seaton in hitchins and a man named jimmy seaton.they are all good people but they dont mix that well .but u will find them at hitchins and grayson.

Since: Jul 10

Ashland, KY

#3 Aug 7, 2010
Cairoite wrote:
Looking for long lost friends. Does anyone know anything about the family of the late James C. Seaton and late wife Phyllis Griffith-Seaton. I would love hearing from or about this family. Does anyone have any fond memories of this family? So many, many, years have past I can only remember the names of James Wesley (Jim or Smiley), Brenda and Sherman. Unfortunately I have forgotten the rest of their names. This family originated from your area. One family line moved to Camden, Benton County, TN and then the late James C. Seaton went back to Grayson area. This Seaton family are Seaton and Melton family of Camden, TN.
i am part of that family they r doing good jim seaton is a little bad off but we all still livr in grayson
Cairoite

Naperville, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2010
brat2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
i am part of that family they r doing good jim seaton is a little bad off but we all still livr in grayson
Hi Bart2011, I am sorry to hear Jim is not doing so well. I suspect he will have his 55th or 56th birthday this month. And I remember he smoked cigarettes so hope the smoking and his age hasnít taken his health away. Now, be cautious with this info in case I am wrong but I believe the Aunt Juanita passed away. And last I knew the Aunt Jo Ann was still alive. I was deeply saddened and hurt back in the 1980ís when Jo Ann told me J.C. died. A couple years ago I was researching my own genealogy in Benton County TN and it lead me to Phyllisís obit thru the Melton/Seaton genealogy --that really hurt because I still love her and her whole family. Well I have no clue why Jim is not so well off but I will pray that his life gets better. And if any of the Seaton family are interested in being still being friends or their genealogy tell them to jot me a line at capstone.designs@gmx.com.I did not do any Seaton genealogy but somebody unknown to me did it and I know I saved that info for the Seaton family. One surprise is that one Seaton genealogist showed the family origin being in Easter KY before Sherman Seaton (Jimís granddaddy) trekked to Benton County TN. I remember wondering is J.C. knew he moved to the same part of KY that his ancestors came from. Again, thanks for responding to my thread as it is good to hear of the Seaton family for the first time in about 30 years.
one time there

Morehead, KY

#5 Aug 7, 2010
Cairoite wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bart2011, I am sorry to hear Jim is not doing so well. I suspect he will have his 55th or 56th birthday this month. And I remember he smoked cigarettes so hope the smoking and his age hasnít taken his health away. Now, be cautious with this info in case I am wrong but I believe the Aunt Juanita passed away. And last I knew the Aunt Jo Ann was still alive. I was deeply saddened and hurt back in the 1980ís when Jo Ann told me J.C. died. A couple years ago I was researching my own genealogy in Benton County TN and it lead me to Phyllisís obit thru the Melton/Seaton genealogy --that really hurt because I still love her and her whole family. Well I have no clue why Jim is not so well off but I will pray that his life gets better. And if any of the Seaton family are interested in being still being friends or their genealogy tell them to jot me a line at capstone.designs@gmx.com.I did not do any Seaton genealogy but somebody unknown to me did it and I know I saved that info for the Seaton family. One surprise is that one Seaton genealogist showed the family origin being in Easter KY before Sherman Seaton (Jimís granddaddy) trekked to Benton County TN. I remember wondering is J.C. knew he moved to the same part of KY that his ancestors came from. Again, thanks for responding to my thread as it is good to hear of the Seaton family for the first time in about 30 years.
jim's health is bad because of his own stuppidey.
AranaSeaton

South Point, OH

#6 Aug 7, 2010
Cairoite wrote:
Hi,my name is Arana Seaton I am married to Sherman Seaton.Yes the Seaton's still live around Grayson,KY.they are Brenda,James(Jim),Sammual,Joel ,Mary,and Sherman.If you would please like to contact Sherman about his family tree email me at angeleyes_tank@yahoo.com
Cairoite

Naperville, IL

#7 Aug 7, 2010
one time there wrote:
<quoted text>jim's health is bad because of his own stuppidey.
Hi Bart2011: Well your comment about Jim is a little bit cute so I giggled. Since I read your first response to me I remembered Jim was one heck of good auto mechanic. So the idea crossed my mind if chemicals like break dust and more could have caused him to be sick. Another thing he worked with a variety of dangerous chemicals at the Water Plant in Huntingdon, TN. He did not work there long enough perhaps to get sick by the chemicals. But whatever line of work he choose when he moved back to Grayson in 1978 I would not know about. A few weeks ago at my motherís home I was looking thru old pictures. Jim is in one picture at the home of the late Ethel Hicks-Williams in Carroll County TN. Ethel was born in Big Sandy in 1895 but she was still alive when Jim lived with his Aunt Jo Ann. Ethelís children, grandchildren and some great grandchildren from Chicago had gathered for a summer party and that is why Jim was there. So in that picture Jim is frozen in time --he looks like J.C. and the Aunt Jo Ann. And Sherman looked like them too. I did not have time to go thru all the pictures but there should be a picture of Jimís first two children and Sherman from back in 1977 or perhaps it was 1978 but cannot remember the exact year. My parents got robbed about 20 years ago and we know family did it because they stole some pictures. So I have no way of knowing if my mother still has the other Seaton pictures or not. I can still remember the Seaton family as the best of people. And I do not know if I am wrong or not but last time I looked for the Seaton home on Washington in Camden I did not find it. I was sure the rock house was directly across from a school but if the house is still there I did not recognize it. That house was gorgeous and the rock was native of Benton County. The step grandmother Seaton lived in that house 30 plus years ago and her floors were so shinny and clean they were very pretty.
Cairoite

Naperville, IL

#8 Aug 7, 2010
one time there wrote:
Hi Bart2011: Speaking of old friends. Jim had a friend whose first name I do not remember but his last name was Douglas. The Douglas man had red hair and he and Jim drove gravel trucks for the late Ronald McGee. Anyway the Douglas man died several years ago. David Glisson whom had been a boyfriend of mine from those old days worked with Jim and the Douglass man and he also died several years ago. Jimís former boss Leo Smothers died just last year. I cannot remember if Leo was the mayor or if it was Jesse Pinkly but I think Leo was over the water department. Jimís friend Elton Pryor lost his wife Becky after she had by-pass surgery. Becky has been dead about two years. Their kids are all grown so Elton moved to Mississippi near his daughter Sheila. I moved away from Carroll County years ago to Western KY near the Illinois boarder so I have not seen any of the Seaton family or their friends in probably 25 years. But I check the obits every day and that is how I know Jim lost friends due to their deaths.
AranaSeaton

South Point, OH

#9 Aug 7, 2010
Cairoite,I have been reading this Jim and Sherman and they are wanting to know who this?
Rita Bruce

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jun 6, 2011
In searching for something else, I came across your post here. I am from Bruceton, TN and am familiar with several of the surnames you mentioned (Douglass, Melton, Glisson), but can't recall any Seatons. David Glisson was my brother and died in 2000 from injuries received in an auto/boat accident. I haven't lived in Bruceton since 1965 and can't recall first names. My mother was a Douglass btw. She was related to some of the Douglass truck drivers, but I'm not sure about another Douglass family who also drove gravel or sand truck. Good luck finding info about the Seatons.
Mark Seaton

New Johnsonville, TN

#11 Jul 24, 2011
I've read all the comments and questions about any Seatons that live in Benton county. Tn.
My great grandaddy was named Sherman S. Seaton. My grandaddy was the oldest child, son, of Sherman. His name was Gerald Seaton. He had a brother named J.C. And one named Robert. A sister Juanita and Joann. And Martha Ann.
Gerald Seaton raised four sons, I'm the oldest grandson and son of his second son.
I live in Eva Tn, which Gerald and his youngest son also lived in too. Which is on the river still in Benton county.
I have two sons and actually live in my youngest uncles house he built along with my grandaddy.
I never meet J.C. Seaton. But recall when he passed away and they traveled To the funeral in Kyle
Juanita And Joann are the only children left alive from Sherman seatons children. He passed away in the early 1970's. And actually lived across the road on Washington Ave in Camden. The high school is right across the street from the house.
I remember him a little. But was a little kid at his death.
Hope this helps. Clarify anyone questions about my family. We were the only Seatons in Benton county. Then and to date. Anyone feel free to contact me if I can be of any more help. I'm interested, myself, in my family history.
I Know him

Mansfield, IL

#12 Jul 31, 2011
Mark Seaton wrote:
I've read all the comments and questions about any Seatons that live in Benton county. Tn.
My great grandaddy was named Sherman S. Seaton. My grandaddy was the oldest child, son, of Sherman. His name was Gerald Seaton. He had a brother named J.C. And one named Robert. A sister Juanita and Joann. And Martha Ann.
Gerald Seaton raised four sons, I'm the oldest grandson and son of his second son.
I live in Eva Tn, which Gerald and his youngest son also lived in too. Which is on the river still in Benton county.
I have two sons and actually live in my youngest uncles house he built along with my grandaddy.
I never meet J.C. Seaton. But recall when he passed away and they traveled To the funeral in Kyle
Juanita And Joann are the only children left alive from Sherman seatons children. He passed away in the early 1970's. And actually lived across the road on Washington Ave in Camden. The high school is right across the street from the house.
I remember him a little. But was a little kid at his death.
Hope this helps. Clarify anyone questions about my family. We were the only Seatons in Benton county. Then and to date. Anyone feel free to contact me if I can be of any more help. I'm interested, myself, in my family history.
Hello there, I remember James Charles Seaton --he was a very dark, black haired, handsome man. J.C. was the greatest guy and you really missed out by not not getting to meet him. J.C. married a pretty blond named Phyllis. Phylllis and her parents were great people too. Out of all these wonderful people descends some of the most stuck up snobbish people who are not even close to being as great as the ones they descend from.
I Know him

Mansfield, IL

#13 Jul 31, 2011
Rita Bruce wrote:
In searching for something else, I came across your post here. I am from Bruceton, TN and am familiar with several of the surnames you mentioned (Douglass, Melton, Glisson), but can't recall any Seatons. David Glisson was my brother and died in 2000 from injuries received in an auto/boat accident. I haven't lived in Bruceton since 1965 and can't recall first names. My mother was a Douglass btw. She was related to some of the Douglass truck drivers, but I'm not sure about another Douglass family who also drove gravel or sand truck. Good luck finding info about the Seatons.
Rita, I remember David, Judy and even Imajean Douglass-Roney, her son Mike and even her father Ernest Douglass. It's amazong how much Judy looks like Imajean. And how much Mike looks like his granddaddy Ernest Douglass. I still love them everyone so would enjoy hearing from you.
Mark Seaton

New Johnsonville, TN

#14 Nov 18, 2012
I haven't been on here in a while. But wanted to clarify something about Juanita Seaton, She is still alive. She is my gran daddy's sister. My grandfather was named Gerald , he was the oldest son of Sherman Seaton.
And with reports on his last residence in Benton county. Tenn. the house is still there. I was around 5 yrs old at his passing.
If any other family members wish to contact and or clarify any info ,I'd be happy to help. I'm the oldest great grandson of Sherman Seaton. And am a avid genealogist. Of sorts.
My email is ziggynova@gmail .com.
Forgive the silly sounding name but it was kinda picked for me by google.
I would love to hear more About my great uncle J.C. Seaton. He passed away before I was able to ever meet him. Due to him moving to Kentucky. But I recall wanting to go to the funeral. But was in school at the time and they wouldn't allow me to go.
Any family history that anyone cares to send me. I'd be grateful. Because Alot has gotten lost and time is short on finding out all I. Can about my name sake.
Hope this finds the right people. I just happened upon here during a late night search.
wonder

Bellevue, WA

#15 Nov 18, 2012
brat2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i know him and i understand he is in bad health but i dont understand how he somkes while he is hooked up on a oxygen tank its a wonder he dont blow up its scary!!!!
mary seaton ingram

Ashland, KY

#16 Feb 20, 2013
Mark u can e-mail me at ingramm40@yahoo.com i would love to here from some of my dads family i have not seen any of u all sence papaw seaton died can u please e-mail me so we can talk
Be your own boss like me

The Colony, TX

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Mark Seaton wrote:
I haven't been on here in a while. But wanted to clarify something about Juanita Seaton, She is still alive. She is my gran daddy's sister. My grandfather was named Gerald , he was the oldest son of Sherman Seaton.
And with reports on his last residence in Benton county. Tenn. the house is still there. I was around 5 yrs old at his passing.
If any other family members wish to contact and or clarify any info ,I'd be happy to help. I'm the oldest great grandson of Sherman Seaton. And am a avid genealogist. Of sorts.
My email is ziggynova@gmail .com.
Forgive the silly sounding name but it was kinda picked for me by google.
I would love to hear more About my great uncle J.C. Seaton. He passed away before I was able to ever meet him. Due to him moving to Kentucky. But I recall wanting to go to the funeral. But was in school at the time and they wouldn't allow me to go.
Any family history that anyone cares to send me. I'd be grateful. Because Alot has gotten lost and time is short on finding out all I. Can about my name sake.
Hope this finds the right people. I just happened upon here during a late night search.
Mark, the Seaton Cherokee grandmother was from North Carolina. She died young having had only one baby --a son. And she married the first Melton in Humphries County. The Melton grandpappy remained on same land the rest of his life but it later became Benton County in 1830's. This Cherokee grandmother and Melton husband are the ancestors of Sherman Seaton't first wife whom the Farmer I think. If not, then her mother was the Farmer. My research office I believe can assist you further. So if interested contact them from the website at http://www.newsbeat.biz then browse to the Contact Us section.
Gee Whiz here

Mckenzie, TN

#18 Mar 21, 2013
one time there wrote:
How could Jim's "own stupidity" have made him sick? I was told to come here and read what was read about him. And saw where it was mentioned about his smoking and the oxygen. Are you incinuating he made himself sick because he smoked so many years. Jim is sweet is my first love. So if smoking made him sick then might the pork BQs, sausage and bacon you eat eat all the time make you sick too? If a man smokes then comes down with lung problems everybody will run him down. But if a man has a man who never smokes dies of a heart attack nobody bloody well will condemn all the pork he ate will they? Jim is not stupid. In fact, as I remember him, he was handsome, perfect comical personality and rather intelligent. He can fix any motor vehicle, he can drive a commercial truck of any size and I bet he can drive a truck train (they have these in Canada where one truck pulls several trailors behind it. Jim can read water meters, fix and or install muniscipal pipes in any city anywhere in the world. He can treat city water and probably keep a city lagoon in perfect shape. He has the knowledge to completely operater a city water department. He can take a portable stereo apart and rinstall it in a beautiful wood cabinet. I wish I knew all the talented things he can do but for sure he is not stupid. I still love Jim so reading he is on oxygen is terribly painful. Despite him situation if he wants to smoke just let him have it his way. Let him live in happiness as long as he can. "Midnight Panty Snatcher" you are still loved and adored.
Gee Whiz here

Mckenzie, TN

#19 Mar 21, 2013
Rita Bruce wrote:
I was David's girlriend for a good while in the 1970's. I am suprized to see in this post David had more than one sister. I love your little sister Judy. She was born about 1958-59 and me in 1961. And the reason I befriended her her so many years ago at Bruceton is because your cousin Mike whose mother is your Aunt Norma Jean was my first boyfriend. In those years we lived in Worth, IL. Norma Jean's sister whom married either a Horton or Hall (so long ago I forget the proper last name) also lived in worth on same street as then. But I lived two blocks closer t Harlem Avenue. And the Seaton family this thread is about --J.C. ad family lived in another neighborhood across Harlem Avenue called Chief's. Anyway I still David, his absolutely perfect mother, Judy, Mike, Norma ewan and Bill. Mike wa my boyfriend when we were both about 4-5 years old. We were not old enough to go to school yet. And the meanest thing Mike and I ever got into is so comical. Bill an Norma Jen bought Mike a little so-called "2 man army tent" We were so little a good 4 kids could havegot in the tent with plenty room left over. Anyway wouldn't youknow it --my Mike had a book of matches. And we sat in that tent taking turnms stiking those matches. Mike is on my FB friend list and I look at the pictures on his FB account. His wife, children and grandchildren are all gorgious. And there are a few pictures of Norma Jean on there --she's a sight for sore eyes and my eyes have been mighty sore but healed at seeing her pictures. First time I sawJudy I thought of Norma Jean. My parents oved me to Bruceton, TN in 1968. And I had no clue Judy was Mike and NormaJean's family. But I told Judy she rminded me of a lady from Chicago and said Norma Jean's full name. And to my suprize Judy said she was Norma Jean's niece. Rita you came from a family I have adored since my childhood. David wa so goodto me. He used to tae me out toeat. And he would order food for 3 people. When thewaitress brought us our plates he would set my p;late away from u entirely and give e the 3rd plat. I asked himwhyhe did this. And David saidhe had dated lots of rls an some were terribly jealous. And he was affraid the would spit n my plate. So ne nver allowed me to eat anything a former girlfriend srved me. Anyway I am vacationig in Bruceton with my mother. And she fund this thread about Jim and David and toldme to check it out.
To Seaton Family

Mckenzie, TN

#20 Mar 21, 2013
I cannot remember my old address in Worth IL. But Chirf's where you used to live across Harlem Avenue from my neighborhoor is so differant now. And because I cannot remember my childhood address I go to Google Map and type in my grandmother's address of 17102 Overhill Avenue, Tinley Park, IL. You can do this as well. And a picture of my grandmother's former home will pop up at the corner of 171st Street. Then you can click on that map and follow it to Harlem Avenue and turn left then follow Harlen all the way to Worth. And all of Chicagoland is on Google Map. I took an early retirement and moved back to Chicago a year ago. Diabetic or not I stiil go to Brown's Fried Chicken and White Castle for my whitie sliders. I don't know if Jim's younger siblings lived in Chicago or not but the ones born in Chicagoland definately ate at Brown's and White Castle. Anyway if you Chicagoland Seaton's ever get home-sick Google Map will take you home visually and free of charge without you ever leaving home. Many years ago Jim came to get me. He and his cousin "Penney" told me a new resturant opened in Huntingdon, TN. And that the burgers there were so huge you could not possibly eat the whole thing. So Penney drove us to the new Sonic and Jim bought me my first burger there. Sure enough I could not eat the whole burger. Earlier today my mother and I ate at the same Sonic and I parked her car probably in the same spot Penney parked in so long ago. And while we waited for our order I told her about Jim taking me to Sonic the first time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Just Saying 138,026
Tommy Bogs 27 min Honest 60
what a joke 30 min stephina 1
What's going on at Jose McDavids! 32 min fedthefuckupmovin... 52
junkie mothers and grandmas 53 min Jim bean 1
Law enforcement of Carter Co. 1 hr Just saying 7
Windstream sucks (Jul '13) 1 hr Larry 44
nasty dopeys in dixie (Jul '09) 18 hr dixiedragon 17
Freddy Darren Irick Inmate Mon Check it out 1
More from around the web

Grayson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance