Grayling Car Accident
Katy

Detroit, MI

#1 May 10, 2009
I drove by the Grayling area last night, going south on 1-75 and saw a bad accident. The police were stopping everyone and telling them to turn their lights off to drive by the accident. I am thinking maybe I saw someone laying on the ground? Anyway, I can't find out what happened, it hasn't hit the news yet. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

“Saving animals....not humans!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#2 May 10, 2009
Katy wrote:
I drove by the Grayling area last night, going south on 1-75 and saw a bad accident. The police were stopping everyone and telling them to turn their lights off to drive by the accident. I am thinking maybe I saw someone laying on the ground? Anyway, I can't find out what happened, it hasn't hit the news yet. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!
Was it a person whom may have been drunk?
Katy

Detroit, MI

#3 May 10, 2009
smokingapplies wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a person whom may have been drunk?
Not sure, I saw someone covered up in a sheet.

Location hidden

#4 May 10, 2009
Katy wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read about someone having an accident, and was warned to turns off their lights while passing by.http://www.crawfordcountyav alanche.com/articles/2009/05/0 8/letters_to_the_editor/doc4a0 1a84e1be11756075272.txt

Location hidden

#5 May 10, 2009
Katy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad this has happened! Hearts and prayers go to those whom were injured.
Allison

Traverse City, MI

#6 May 10, 2009
Four guys from Houghton Lake were involved. Nobody was killed but two were seriously injured. I spoke to one of them today.
Katy wrote:
Deb

Houghton Lake, MI

#7 May 10, 2009
Allison wrote:
Four guys from Houghton Lake were involved. Nobody was killed but two were seriously injured. I spoke to one of them today.<quoted text>
The 5 guys that were in the accident are good friends of ours. 1 has broken ribs and a broken back the other one has a broken neck and the other 3 were just bruised and sore as of today. As far as today they are going to be in for a long hall of rehab. They are both down in Saginaw hospital if anyone is wanting to send cards.
Deb

Houghton Lake, MI

#8 May 10, 2009
Katy wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5 guys that were in the accident are good friends of ours. 1 has broken ribs and a broken back the other one has a broken neck and the other 3 were just bruised and sore as of today. As far as today they are going to be in for a long hall of rehab. They are both down in Saginaw hospital if anyone is wanting to send cards.
lisa

Troy, MI

#9 May 11, 2009
one that is in saginaw is my brother in law and
is in for a very long recovery. with all of his family that love him dearly will hopfully help him to have a shorter recovery. are prayer's are with them.
lisa

Troy, MI

#10 May 11, 2009
i heard there were only four of them.
lisa

Troy, MI

#11 May 11, 2009
my sister is by his side. which he is very happy.
our family are praying for a speedy recovery so he can go back to houghton lake to reunite with his 2 children.
TJB

Ferndale, MI

#12 May 11, 2009
My sister and I stopped after we saw it and waited the driver and a passenger in the back seat (Tommy ?) until the paramedics and police arrived. We certainly said our prayers and hope that all recover quickly.
lisa

Troy, MI

#13 May 11, 2009
thank-you to the sister's that waited there with them.god-bless and i will be sure to tell them .
Kathleen

Kalamazoo, MI

#14 May 11, 2009
My husband and I along with another couple pulled over to assist when we saw one man that had been thrown from the vehicle. He was is bad shape so we covered him with a plastic tarp until I could run back to our vehicle to get blankets. The driver was coherent but unable to exit the vehicle as he was pinned. A gentleman in the back seat was unconcious but breathing and the two other men were walking around but shaken up. We were grateful that one of the passerby was a trauma nurse.
lisa

Troy, MI

#15 May 11, 2009
thank-you kathleen and crew for helping my brother law was the one thrown from the truck.
thank you so much for helping them. i'am sure they would be very,very greatful. god bless you
he is going to be okay he has a long recovery though. with our love for him hopfully in time he will heal from this terrrible accident. could you send me a email [email protected] so i can have him when he recovers write you a letter.
god bless all the people who helped them all out.
Tera sister

Bay City, MI

#16 May 11, 2009
We(Mandy/wife,Denise/mom,Kelli e/sister,Kenny brother and all the rest of our families) are sitting in the waiting room taking a break. My brother is in alot of pain. He is in the nicu. He has 11 broken ribs, 3 broken vertebraes and 3 buldging discs. He also has bruised lungs and a bruised face. Luckly he has no head injuries or spinal cord injuries. Bones and bruise will heal and all that matters to us is that he is alive and will be ok. It will be a long recovery. Thank you to all of the people who helped him and his friends at the scene! Also thank you to all of the people who have been so supportive. Your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. To the other guys in the accident we are wishing you and your families a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Katy

Detroit, MI

#17 May 11, 2009
Thank you to everyone who answered my post question. My prayers are with the family and I am so thankful taht there are so many caring people out there that stopped to assist these people. You should all be so proud of yourself!!!
debbie

Roscommon, MI

#18 May 11, 2009
Tera sister wrote:
We(Mandy/wife,Denise/mom,Kelli e/sister,Kenny brother and all the rest of our families) are sitting in the waiting room taking a break. My brother is in alot of pain. He is in the nicu. He has 11 broken ribs, 3 broken vertebraes and 3 buldging discs. He also has bruised lungs and a bruised face. Luckly he has no head injuries or spinal cord injuries. Bones and bruise will heal and all that matters to us is that he is alive and will be ok. It will be a long recovery. Thank you to all of the people who helped him and his friends at the scene! Also thank you to all of the people who have been so supportive. Your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. To the other guys in the accident we are wishing you and your families a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Mandy and family, If there is anything you need please let me know. We are thinking of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems with i2k internet connection (Feb '12) Nov 29 other options 12
News Solarize Michigan shows final home before sun s... Oct '16 Solarman 3
Jackie Wakeley Jul '16 concerened 1
Review: Auto Express-Grayling (Jun '14) Jul '16 Gary 12
News Spring Break Road Trip: Try one of Michigan's B... (Apr '16) Apr '16 havens 1
New Business in Lewiston (Aug '13) Mar '16 test 16
Roscommon contract (Feb '16) Feb '16 Just say no 1

Grayling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grayling Mortgages