School dress codes are rediculos!

Posted in the Gray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Infuriated Student

United States

#1 Sep 5, 2012
Yes they are rediculos! I got sent home and expeled for the rest of the day for WEARING HOUSE SHOES TO SCHOOL!!!!! My mother had to take half a day off from work to pick me up. Were not living in the 193OS OR 1940,S anymore. Just look at this foolishtness:

1. All shorts, skirts, and dresses should be worn at an appropriate length for a school setting. All items must be within three (3) inches of the tip of the knee cap.
2. Tops must cover the shoulders, chest hairs, and teats: this includes but not limited to halter tops, muscle shirts or cutout T-shirts, spaghetti-strap dresses or blouses. All other tops must be able to be tucked into the lower apparel (pants, skirts, etc.).
3. Hats, bandannas, caps, headbands, sun-visors or sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building. Ball caps cannot be worn cocked to the side or backwards outside the building on school grounds.
4. Any clothing article which advertises alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or clothing with offensive pictures or obscene and/or suggestive language MAY NOT BE WORN.
5. The exposure of undergarments is offensive and distracting in a school environment. Therefore,“sagging” will not be permitted. To prevent such occurrences, pants must be belted at the natural waistline. Clothing must not have holes, rips, tears or cuts three (3) inches above the knee cap. Pants may not be worn below the crack of one's rectum.
6. Sleepwear or clothing that resembles sleepwear such as lounging pants or other lounging items (included but not limited to house shoes or blankets) is not permitted. The wearing of house shoes is not permitted.
7. Due to safety concerns and noise disturbance in classes, chains and dangling jewelry will not be permitted on school property.
8. Wearing of pierced materials on any part(s) of the body (other than ears) is prohibited. The wearing of band-aids to hide piercing will not be permitted.
9. The following items are not to be worn at school: Clothing that exposes the abdomen,buttocks, anus, rectum, cleavage, teats, penis, vagina, and navel area/or waist.
10.Large, oversized coats that fall below the waistline must be kept in the locker. They are not to be worn in the building.
beaver
#2 Sep 5, 2012
Infuriated Student wrote:
Yes they are rediculos! I got sent home and expeled for the rest of the day for WEARING HOUSE SHOES TO SCHOOL!!!!! My mother had to take half a day off from work to pick me up. Were not living in the 193OS OR 1940,S anymore. Just look at this foolishtness:
1. All shorts, skirts, and dresses should be worn at an appropriate length for a school setting. All items must be within three (3) inches of the tip of the knee cap.
2. Tops must cover the shoulders, chest hairs, and teats: this includes but not limited to halter tops, muscle shirts or cutout T-shirts, spaghetti-strap dresses or blouses. All other tops must be able to be tucked into the lower apparel (pants, skirts, etc.).
3. Hats, bandannas, caps, headbands, sun-visors or sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building. Ball caps cannot be worn cocked to the side or backwards outside the building on school grounds.
4. Any clothing article which advertises alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or clothing with offensive pictures or obscene and/or suggestive language MAY NOT BE WORN.
5. The exposure of undergarments is offensive and distracting in a school environment. Therefore,“sagging ” will not be permitted. To prevent such occurrences, pants must be belted at the natural waistline. Clothing must not have holes, rips, tears or cuts three (3) inches above the knee cap. Pants may not be worn below the crack of one's rectum.
6. Sleepwear or clothing that resembles sleepwear such as lounging pants or other lounging items (included but not limited to house shoes or blankets) is not permitted. The wearing of house shoes is not permitted.
7. Due to safety concerns and noise disturbance in classes, chains and dangling jewelry will not be permitted on school property.
8. Wearing of pierced materials on any part(s) of the body (other than ears) is prohibited. The wearing of band-aids to hide piercing will not be permitted.
9. The following items are not to be worn at school: Clothing that exposes the abdomen,buttocks, anus, rectum, cleavage, teats, penis, vagina, and navel area/or waist.
10.Large, oversized coats that fall below the waistline must be kept in the locker. They are not to be worn in the building.
ha ha u b@stard kids will do what your parents say or school wil make u
fashion police

Santa Barbara, CA

#3 Sep 5, 2012
Kid, it's obvious you aren't too bright. Look at rule 6. You need to start paying more attention to spelling and reading classes. l could do better than you in the second grade.
Infuriated Student

United States

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Well I dont need insulted I know how to read and write but I admit I dont have the best typing skills.And Im not allowed to wear my nose ring or tongue ring thats not right.Whenever I dress up nice and want to wear a dress I dont even have one that goes 3 ainches above my knees.Another thing one of my friends got detension hall because he wore his UK cap backwards outside.its rediculous.
fashion police

Santa Barbara, CA

#5 Sep 5, 2012
Missy, it's kids like you who make rules neccessary. Look at rule #9. lf it were up to you, school would be full of kids running around with private parts exposed.
Funny

Williamsburg, KY

#6 Sep 5, 2012
It's ridiculous, not rediculous.

It's detention, not detension.

Expelled has two Ls.

The main reason you can't wear your nose ring or tongue ring is because the administrators don't want your teachers laughing in your face all day. When I see an adult wearing a nose or tongue ring, I think, "That person is expressing himself/herself. How cool." When I see a kid do it, it's like watching a kid smoke. You don't know how stupid you look doing it. It makes others want to laugh.

Have some respect for yourself and others will respect you. If you act like trash, others will treat you as such.
Infuriated Student

United States

#7 Sep 5, 2012
There is nothing wrong with nose rings ir tongue rings.I am a junior in high school and Im still a virgin not many of my classmates can say that. What is wrong with wearing house shoes?My mother drops me off at school and my aunt picks me up its not like I have to walk 6 miles to school everday like you old fuddie duddies did.
in the know

Richmond, KY

#8 Sep 5, 2012
They need to throw your young ass out of school forever.
Really

Ripley, TN

#9 Sep 5, 2012
What's wrong with wearing house shoes to school? I can't believe a junior in high school would even want to be seen in house shoes. Do u need a pair of tennis shoes? cause if that's the case I'd be happy to get u a pair.
Parent

Williamsburg, KY

#10 Sep 5, 2012
What school do you go to? House shoes, flip flops, boots, heels, who cares what you wear. I got no problem with house shoes.
sad

Harlan, KY

#11 Sep 5, 2012
Maybe they where the only shoes she has or could find to go to school @ least she attended school . It is a shame she had to miss out on education just because of the kind of shoes she had on. I see nothing wrong with house shoes , @ least it was a type of shoe .
joe

Owensboro, KY

#12 Sep 5, 2012

Would you wear houseshoes if you were going to work or a job interview? You are going to school to get an education not to mess around all day in you p.js. Kid's today wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. they think they look so cool with all the nose and tongue rings and pierceings but my opinion you look like a bunch of freaks.
public

Somerset, KY

#13 Sep 5, 2012
must have shoes and shirt thats all you have to have
redhound

Dyer, TN

#14 Sep 5, 2012
Really wrote:
What's wrong with wearing house shoes to school? I can't believe a junior in high school would even want to be seen in house shoes. Do u need a pair of tennis shoes? cause if that's the case I'd be happy to get u a pair.
I need a pair of Nike shocks size 7. Thanks
fashion police

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Sep 5, 2012
Yes if that girl had her way the entire student body would be a zoo. Those dress code rules look fine to me. l bet there's more to this story than she's telling.
Truth

Murray, KY

#16 Sep 6, 2012
I'm sorry kiddo, people are psychotic like that. It's sad, really, it’s like they make some pointless rules just to make them. But hey, rules are made to be broken! And honestly, I broke some stupid rules in high school just to break them; I don't promote stupidity. If you’re a junior you should be out of that hellhole soon, so might as well just abide by some of their stupid rules for now.:)
Truth

Murray, KY

#17 Sep 6, 2012
sad wrote:
Maybe they where the only shoes she has or could find to go to school @ least she attended school . It is a shame she had to miss out on education just because of the kind of shoes she had on. I see nothing wrong with house shoes ,@ least it was a type of shoe .
It is a shame. Not everyone can afford new shoes and clothes, either. I have shoes/clothes that are anywhere between 3-5 years old, and I can't help if they don't meet all the requirements of a silly dress code. All that matters is they cover me enough so that nothing inappropriate shows. I wore jeans with holes in them all through middle/high school, they were almost all I had. Luckily I only got in trouble for it once in middle school, even though I wore leggings under my jeans.
somebody
#18 Sep 6, 2012
Don't you care enough about yourself to put on a pair of real shoes? I'm sure you have shoes. It sounds like you are just being rebelious, but it also sounds like you're a good kid.

So, what kind of house shoes were they? Really. I'm curious. Fluffy kitty cat character shoes, or the kind that almost look like outside shoes?
tuffie

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2012
It sounds like we have a rebellious girl here. If she can afford nose rings and tongue rings, she probably has ear rings also. Her parents are paying for internet or a cell phone or she couldn't be posting here. She is someone who doesn't want to abide by the rules, and probably one day will be a menace to society.
truffle shuffle

London, KY

#20 Sep 6, 2012
tuffie wrote:
It sounds like we have a rebellious girl here. If she can afford nose rings and tongue rings, she probably has ear rings also. Her parents are paying for internet or a cell phone or she couldn't be posting here. She is someone who doesn't want to abide by the rules, and probably one day will be a menace to society.
AMEN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
23 y/o looking for FEMALE fwb 1 hr ohyea 6
Eastern Cable (Jan '17) 2 hr Reply 2
Zachary street 5 hr Lmao 47
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Ren 178,282
Sherman lawson when will GrandJury Indict Him ? 7 hr my opinion 3
Lets Play Follow The Word! (Jun '10) 7 hr winner 1,459
Word Association Game (Jul '10) 7 hr winner 367

Gray Jobs

Personal Finance

Gray Mortgages