Are Colleges Teaching Enough Entrpreneurial Skills? Survey Says No.
Posted in the Grass Valley Forum
#1 May 13, 2011
According to a recent Zogby/463 survey, on behalf of Silicon Valley based Cogswell College, college students aren't getting enough entrepreneurial/start-up skills.
Highlights of the survey include:
* 67% of Americans say schools are not focused enough on providing entrepreneurial skills.
* Only 5% of Americans say college is where students currently learn to become entrepreneurs.
* 73% of Americans say the best way to teach a student to become an entrepreneur is by them creating a business or interning in a start-up.
* 76% of Americans say students launching a business while in college will make them better entrepeneurs.
* 95% of Americans say entrepreneurism is important to U.S. Competitiveness.
* 79% of Americans say having entrepreneurial skills is important for graduates to land a job.
(Source: Zogby/463 May 2011 poll of over 2,000 Americans.)
What's your take on the results and what should be done to provide students with more entrepreneurial skills?
Cogswell College, a school in the heart of Silicon Valley is a great example of one that is reshaping an entrepreneurial program to create entrepreneurial residencies. The program is designed to focus students on practical skills of launching and developing businesses. The program enables students to work with as many as 100 start-ups during their coursework.
Add your comments below
|Holiday boutique!||Nov 30||Jess||1|
|Bayside Church new to Auburn (Aug '08)||Nov 28||LOL||25|
|Pokemon go||Nov 27||Anonymous||2|
|does clint walker live here (Sep '10)||Nov 23||Joanna||10|
|Home Invasion Robbery Near Nevada City (Dec '15)||Oct '16||Stop murdeters||10|
|Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06)||May '16||Anonymous||80|
|Crisis Stabilization Unit opens Tuesday next to... (Dec '15)||Dec '15||HumanSpirit||3|
Find what you want!
Search Grass Valley Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC