Welcome to Wal-Mart

Welcome to Wal-Mart

There are 6 comments on the The Union story from May 14, 2011, titled Welcome to Wal-Mart. In it, The Union reports that:

Being a native daughter of Grass Valley and having lived in Auburn, I believe having the Wal-Mart in Auburn will be a great economic boost for both Nevada and Placer counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Union.

Jake Snow

Roseville, CA

#1 May 14, 2011
Yeah and if it runs a whole bunch of mom and pop and smaller chain businesses out of town who cares? Right? As long as we can go to a GIANT store and load our baskets up with cheap stuff we don't care about our community, the small business owners and the people than work there. Those workers can just work for little more than minimum wage at Walmart, be treated like crap and be glad they have jobs at all. Right? Yeah just as long as we can get our cheap stuff (much of it made in China by people who make even less than Walmart workers!) we just don't care! We want our cheap toilet paper and made in China electronic junk!

Wait until you have a serious problem at Walmart and local management and corporate management won't even answer your letters and phone calls. This company is just so big they don't care about customer service anymore (if they ever did!). Personally speaking, based on my experiences at Roseville's Walmart and Sam's Club stores, I wouldn't shop at Walmart anymore even if those rubber rotisserie chickens were free!
jerry norris for DA

Chico, CA

#2 Dec 27, 2011
walmartization of grass valley
we need more tattoo shops
to prop up economy
prop up insecure egos of grownups that never grow up
Willie Wanka

Roseville, CA

#3 Dec 28, 2011
jerry norris for DA wrote:
to prop up economy
Yeah let's prop up Walmart instead! We don't give a rat's ass about anybody as long as we can buy all those cheap products made in China! It's the American way!
jerry norris for sheriff

Chico, CA

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Willie Wanka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah let's prop up Walmart instead! We don't give a rat's ass about anybody as long as we can buy all those cheap products made in China! It's the American way!
to prop up economy
we loved tattoo art we are insecure
we need attention drwan to us
Willie Wanka

Roseville, CA

#5 Dec 28, 2011
jerry norris for sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>walmartization of grass valley
to prop up economy
we loved tattoo art we are insecure
we need attention drwan to us
This isn't Marin County you yuppie scumbag! You can have all the tatoo shops in Petaluma you want. In Roseville we want more Walmart so we can get cheap toilet paper and made in China TV sets and paintings of Elvis. Nobody in Walmart knows diddly shit and the managers and home office tell you to get f***ed if you have a problem with their cheap crap but man they are cheap so just as long as we dont have to work there let them alone. You know what I'm saying you brain dead yuppie?
Willie Wanka

Chico, CA

#6 Dec 29, 2011
Willie Wanka wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Marin County you yuppie scumbag! You can have all the tatoo shops in Petaluma you want. In Roseville we want more Walmart so we can get cheap toilet paper and made in China TV sets and paintings of Elvis. Nobody in Walmart knows diddly shit and the managers and home office tell you to get f***ed if you have a problem with their cheap crap but man they are cheap so just as long as we dont have to work there let them alone. You know what I'm saying you brain dead yuppie?
i am brain dead like u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grass Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Double Down Thu harry harry hairy 5
David Dallas Withrow (Apr '15) Jun '16 BeauVine 9
Auburn Walmart News May '16 Jeff 2
Disillusioned with Child Protective Services in... (Jun '06) May '16 Anonymous 80
News Down to the Wire May '16 Julie Jane 2
News Check Out Petaluma Music Festival's 2016 Lineup Apr '16 Genie 1
News Rescuers give details surrounding teen's drowni... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1

Grass Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grass Valley Mortgages