dr cawog and the scripts

Posted in the Grapeville Forum

JMCK

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 30, 2008
i would like to make comment on the situation with dr cawog although i agree that what he was doing is wrong he certainly is far from the only dr in this county to be doing these things they need to take a much deeper look into the other low income doctors in the area and the treatment that the patients recieve and so forth
RAB

Mount Pleasant, PA

#2 May 3, 2008
DR CAWOG-
Before Dr Cawog was ever prosecuted for tax evasion, he was unknown. Then when the IRS got him for that all the sudden he was Dr Evil. Well let me enlighten you on the Dr Cawog that I know. He has been our family doctor for 20 years. Back in the days when he made house calls, he sat beside my dying grandfathers bed and helped him through his last days. Through the years he sat beside my younger brothers bed many a day while my brother had severe ashma attacks and was confined to a hospital bed at monsour hospital for weeks at a time. He was my uncles doctor when he was dying of cancer and couldnt make the trips into pittsburgh anymore. When my other brother died at an early age, it was Dr Cawog that paid his condolences to my grieving my mother. My mother has been under his care for almost 20 years. She is neither a drug addict or a psycho. He did listen to her lungs with every visit and take her blood pressure. He also instructed her to stop smoking with every visit. After years of me not being able to sleep because of restless leg syndrome,(before it had that name)it was Dr Cawog that diagnoesed me and treated me for it, with a non narcotic and ive slept peaceful ever since. I take my teens to him for their school check ups. He does my TB tests, hes ran numerous blood work on me and above all....he answers his phone, each and every time you call. I have no personal affiliation with him. I only know him professionally. I do know though that if you didnt have the money for an office visit, or you didnt have insurance, he used the old school way of letting you pay whenever you could/however you could. The government may not like that, cause they cant tax it. Did he send scripts in the mail? Maybe he did, he did alot of things for people he cared about and trusted. Were they all narcotics? No, im sure they werent. As for him taking money in the back room, often he did not have anyone inthe front office to take the payment...if you had medical, the girls pulled the chart early in the day and wrote paid by such and such medical and if you were cash customer, which many of us are these days because the
US government has made it impossible for all of us to obtain insurance, you paid him when you went into the observation room...he is NOT the first doctor to do this. I believe much of these things they write about did happen, but in a much different context. I hope he beats this.I hope he walks a free man and is able o practice again. If not then I hope he is atleast allowed to walk away a free man. My prayers are with him and his family. He has 7 daughters, he pays for college and he send money to family members in need. Hes a kind man, with a great heart, too great of a heart, that alone is what got him in trouble, he believed and trusted the wrong person.
PS. I am a patient and also a nurse.Dr Cawog did every health exam I ever needed the entire way through nursing school. Never once did he short cut anything.
CAS

Greensburg, PA

#3 May 9, 2008
I am also a patient of Dr. Cawog and my whole enitre family also, and would like to say i fully agree with everything the above person said, he is very kind maybe too kind, its sad his kindness got him in trouble. He is a decent careing man, more than what many people know. I feel that he was nagged and baggered by the addicts constantly day and night, and he didn'nt know how too say no. Many times in his office we would hear the one of his patients here and there slamming, cursing, and caring on that they demaned certain meication..and he would say i cant and i wont.
jmck

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 May 18, 2008
i know what you are all saying he took care of my grandfather years ago and at monsour when he still had the nice office out in levelgreen years ago and i worked at monsour and he truly was one of the few docs that came in all of the time and didnt leave his patients waiting like i said he may have done some things he shouldnt have but he certainly isnt alone in what he did he just got caught look at the jabbours in greensburg whats going on in that office is crazy
hrd

Jeannette, PA

#5 Jun 1, 2008
dr.cawog often asked for cash when prescribing a narcotic and stated that my insurance didnt even cover his electric bills.if i couldn't come up with the extra 50, i went without pain meds. this is not only illegal, it's unethical.i'm sure he's a good doctor to some,but to me he was out for what he could get
dachick

Irwin, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2008
rip.
not fare

Monroeville, PA

#7 Jan 28, 2010
I have known Dr.Cawog and his family for over half my life.He treated my mom for over 16yrs.He was a very thorough Dr.UNLIKE ALOT PAIN CLINICS IN THE MT.PLEASANT AREA.The state needs to be looking into these so called pain clinics,and see how much they are charging patients who have insurance,but when you are there for some time,they all the sudden say we don't take your insurance anymore.You have to pay us Hundreds of dollars,from the time we quit taking your insurance.THAT IS WELFARE FRAUD!Under the state law,No person is responsible for any moneys owed to a doctor when they quit taking DPW insurance.Especially when they don't tell you for 5 months.Then they have you addicted to this pain med.and you have no choice BUT to pay them,or you end up in rehab,or worse you start to do illegal drugs on the street.So take a look at these pain clinics and go through there patients files and you will see how alot of drug tests are covered up or shredded.I used to work for a well known pain clinic doctor in MT.PLEASANT.Don't make Dr.Cawog an example. GRT
Todd

Donora, PA

#8 Jul 21, 2012
Just because he was good at one time means nothing he broke the law and the code of medicine and possibly could have killed people!
RAB wrote:
DR CAWOG-
Before Dr Cawog was ever prosecuted for tax evasion, he was unknown. Then when the IRS got him for that all the sudden he was Dr Evil. Well let me enlighten you on the Dr Cawog that I know. He has been our family doctor for 20 years. Back in the days when he made house calls, he sat beside my dying grandfathers bed and helped him through his last days. Through the years he sat beside my younger brothers bed many a day while my brother had severe ashma attacks and was confined to a hospital bed at monsour hospital for weeks at a time. He was my uncles doctor when he was dying of cancer and couldnt make the trips into pittsburgh anymore. When my other brother died at an early age, it was Dr Cawog that paid his condolences to my grieving my mother. My mother has been under his care for almost 20 years. She is neither a drug addict or a psycho. He did listen to her lungs with every visit and take her blood pressure. He also instructed her to stop smoking with every visit. After years of me not being able to sleep because of restless leg syndrome,(before it had that name)it was Dr Cawog that diagnoesed me and treated me for it, with a non narcotic and ive slept peaceful ever since. I take my teens to him for their school check ups. He does my TB tests, hes ran numerous blood work on me and above all....he answers his phone, each and every time you call. I have no personal affiliation with him. I only know him professionally. I do know though that if you didnt have the money for an office visit, or you didnt have insurance, he used the old school way of letting you pay whenever you could/however you could. The government may not like that, cause they cant tax it. Did he send scripts in the mail? Maybe he did, he did alot of things for people he cared about and trusted. Were they all narcotics? No, im sure they werent. As for him taking money in the back room, often he did not have anyone inthe front office to take the payment...if you had medical, the girls pulled the chart early in the day and wrote paid by such and such medical and if you were cash customer, which many of us are these days because the
US government has made it impossible for all of us to obtain insurance, you paid him when you went into the observation room...he is NOT the first doctor to do this. I believe much of these things they write about did happen, but in a much different context. I hope he beats this.I hope he walks a free man and is able o practice again. If not then I hope he is atleast allowed to walk away a free man. My prayers are with him and his family. He has 7 daughters, he pays for college and he send money to family members in need. Hes a kind man, with a great heart, too great of a heart, that alone is what got him in trouble, he believed and trusted the wrong person.
PS. I am a patient and also a nurse.Dr Cawog did every health exam I ever needed the entire way through nursing school. Never once did he short cut anything.

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 1, 2012
Just because the man got caught breaking the law doesn't mean he's a bad person. People read these things in the papers or watch it on the news and pass their judgment based on what the media says

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grapeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millcreek man charged in Christmas shooting 9 min Be Serious 5
Janie 22 min ZUGZWANG 4
city pensions crippling city 26 min ZUGZWANG 7
Obama and the Democrats 27 min Nasty 7
enforcers mc ? (Jun '12) 48 min Grunt56 29
2 sue Lord, claiming racial discrimination 52 min Stanley 6
Libtardism 1 hr P Rican 1
Grapeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web