Fire engine, car collide head-on

Fire engine, car collide head-on

There are 16 comments on the The Sentinel story from Apr 4, 2009, titled Fire engine, car collide head-on. In it, The Sentinel reports that:

A 52-year-old Lewistown man was flown to Hershey Medical Center on Friday evening for treatment as a result of a two-vehicle accident that occured at the intersection of state Route 103 and Duquesne Way in Granville, a press release from Granville Township Police Department stated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#1 Apr 4, 2009
I'd love to know if a blood alcohol test was pulled on Beers........I'm betting not.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#2 Apr 4, 2009
JunkE wrote:
I'd love to know if a blood alcohol test was pulled on Beers........I'm betting not.
At least this time they did not have to cut the truck up for junk to get it out of the river like they did the other time one of the drunk Beers wrecked the truck .
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#3 Apr 4, 2009
JunkE wrote:
Knowing the tree trimmer , it would be a guess to who's Alcohol Level was the highest if they were checked.
Needed the help

Lancaster, PA

#4 Apr 6, 2009
Its funny that everyone in town would like to know what his BAC was. Is that a shame when so many people know that he drinks and then responds to emergency calls. I would rather wait for another fire company to get to my house than have the Beers there. Its also ironic that the Beers love to drink their beers!! What a shame for those who were a victim that day!!
lewistown resident

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#5 Apr 7, 2009
I think im going to have to agree. Unfortunatly people lives are not the number one priority for the Beers. What a shame for this innocent family to suffer! Next time dont respond to the call there are other fire companies in town.(and they stay sober)
LAHS95

Peoria, AZ

#6 Apr 7, 2009
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing the tree trimmer , it would be a guess to who's Alcohol Level was the highest if they were checked.
Maybe you should get your facts straight before commenting.... SHAME ON YOU! The "driver" has been alcohol free for a long time.... People were hurt and all you can do is gossip...

Lewistown, PA

#7 Apr 8, 2009
LAHS95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should get your facts straight before commenting.... SHAME ON YOU! The "driver" has been alcohol free for a long time.... People were hurt and all you can do is gossip...
They're only gossiping because he was a known alcoholic for years which is the same reason I asked about Beers. Both of these men earned these reputations themselves, it wasn't given to them unjustly.

If he really is clean now, my congratulations to him. It takes a strong individual to overcome addiction to alcohol and kudos to him if he did!
LAHS95

Peoria, AZ

#8 Apr 8, 2009
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
They're only gossiping because he was a known alcoholic for years which is the same reason I asked about Beers. Both of these men earned these reputations themselves, it wasn't given to them unjustly.
If he really is clean now, my congratulations to him. It takes a strong individual to overcome addiction to alcohol and kudos to him if he did!
Are you a medical professional and can diagnose a person with alcoholism (no matter who it is, Beers or the driver)?

Lewistown/Granville residents (most of them) make me sick. They take any bad situation and consider it an opportunity to gossip at other's people's misfortunes. These types of people live on drama and love to eat it up when something like this happens. Unfortunately, this is what happens in most small hick towns.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#9 Apr 8, 2009
LAHS95 wrote:
<quoted text>

Lewistown/Granville residents (most of them) make me sick .
Since this is a Lewistown Forum you are going to be sick alot here , Better inform your boss if you have one that you will be down sick and unable to be at work .

Lewistown, PA

#10 Apr 9, 2009
LAHS95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a medical professional and can diagnose a person with alcoholism (no matter who it is, Beers or the driver)?
Lewistown/Granville residents (most of them) make me sick. They take any bad situation and consider it an opportunity to gossip at other's people's misfortunes. These types of people live on drama and love to eat it up when something like this happens. Unfortunately, this is what happens in most small hick towns.
I can assure you for a fact that the two in question both have had drinking problems in the past, that's a fact not gossip.

If one or both of them have overcome that, as I said before kudos to them.
BooBoo

United States

#11 Apr 13, 2009
It is interesting that the Sentinel has Cathy Goodman listed as Fair and that is not the case. She has had Trauma to the head and only time will tell. She is not in that good of shape
Saw it many times

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Apr 16, 2009
LAHS95 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just going to say that I was at a bar many times when Beers was there and there would be a fire call and he was always the one to leave (even though he was sitting there drinking for hours)and drive himself to the fire house just down the street and then he would be the one to drive the fire truck. Its not gossip if you were there and you saw it. There were many times I tried to offer him a ride to his house or tried to keep him from responding but he just did what he wanted.
Saw it many times

Harrisburg, PA

#13 Apr 16, 2009
And no I wasn't drinking or I wouldn't have offered him the ride.
jmlh

Andes, NY

#14 Apr 26, 2009
Do they still have bars in most of the firehouses there? I've always found that odd.
DSanchez

Myerstown, PA

#15 May 8, 2009
The guy's name was Beers FFS! That's a drinking name if I ever heard one.
Lewistown Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#16 May 5, 2010
Lewistown is sure a strange place to live, One of these people that was involved in this crash had an obituary in the Paper today, He died almost three months ago Jan 12 2010 ( It is not real strange though because it is possible here in Mifflin County to die and nobody needs to know.) Somebody did tell me that they tried to call this guy to have his trees trimmed about a month ago and he said they told him that he died. That's a good way to find out. Oh My, The world we live in today, what is it coming too? So I pick up the paper today and see his name in the obituary, my first thought was that guy told me he already was dead and here he must have died again. Turns out the guy told me the truth and he did die three months ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewistown Borough Police Department (Nov '09) Jul 14 Angry teenage girl 1,524
vincent e martz egor Jul 7 martz friends 1
News Shooting leaves 2 dead (Jul '15) Jun '16 Nope 7
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Jun '16 Bohan7 62
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) May '16 Noplacelikehome 339
News Coroner: Man missing since Saturday found dead ... (Jan '14) May '16 JAMES A CARSON 4
Mifflin County Schools May '16 Masterofall 2

Granville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granville Mortgages