Raid nets nine arrests

Raid nets nine arrests

There are 102 comments on the The Sentinel story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Raid nets nine arrests. In it, The Sentinel reports that:

Sentinel photo by BRADLEY KREITZER Members of the Mifflin County Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at this Pannebaker Avenue home last week which led to the seizure of a 'significant' amount of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#1 Mar 12, 2008
Job well done. This is where the busts need to be made, at the dealer level instead of the user level.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#2 Mar 12, 2008
Without users ,there would be no need for dealers. It doesn't take a genus to figure out if there is nobody to sell to ,you don't stay in business long. That's exactly what the article said also.I am glad it was done so quickly before it had time to get its street people out there making contacts.It's like a tree, this time they got the trunk but most of the time the tree dies starting with the branches,which is the users.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#3 Mar 12, 2008
If it wasn't for a user providing housing in exchange for drugs,the dealers could not have set up shop there. They would have to move on.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2008
Here is a question for you....what came first the chicken or the egg???
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#5 Mar 12, 2008
JunkE wrote:
Job well done. This is where the busts need to be made, at the dealer level instead of the user level.
Your right about that...if the drug wasn't made available then the user wouldn't be able to buy it!
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#6 Mar 12, 2008
LPN wrote:
Here is a question for you....what came first the chicken or the egg???

Not even you can answer that , the chicken came from the egg. So are you saying we need to stop both DEALERS AND USERS. I won't disagree on that, But this article has it right,the dealers are here because there is a market for them.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Thats right but without dealers there couldn't be users. Even a user here can go elsewhere to get so it still starts with the dealer.

Lewistown, PA

#8 Mar 12, 2008
Right. To eliminate it we need to cut off either the supply or the demand. There are far, far fewer suppliers than there are users, correct?
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#9 Mar 12, 2008
JunkE wrote:
Right. To eliminate it we need to cut off either the supply or the demand. There are far, far fewer suppliers than there are users, correct?
So that means it should not be that hard to stop the suppliers , just don't use it and buy it. And the both of you, "which I am thinking more and more is one of the same person that done the same kind of thing on another topic," are part of the problem by saying it is ok to use drugs. You both or one said you quit ,but the way you promote drug use ,makes you wonder if your not another Bill Clinton. I didn't inhale.

Lewistown, PA

#10 Mar 12, 2008
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
So that means it should not be that hard to stop the suppliers , just don't use it and buy it. And the both of you, "which I am thinking more and more is one of the same person that done the same kind of thing on another topic," are part of the problem by saying it is ok to use drugs. You both or one said you quit ,but the way you promote drug use ,makes you wonder if your not another Bill Clinton. I didn't inhale.
If you're insinuating that I am the same person as LPN, you're wrong. I post under the name JunkE, always have, always will. If you don't want to believe that then don't, I don't really give a flying phuck to be honest with you.

Again I will explain the fact that I did drugs when I was younger but do not do them now. I do not promote drug use. Stating that I think marijuana should be legal is a far cry from saying I think everybody should smoke it.

As far as the discussion in this thread is concerned, let me ask you this: Do you honestly believe it would be easier to attempt to arrest every single drug user instead of cutting off the supply? You don't fight the whole snake, you simply cut its head off.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#11 Mar 12, 2008
I also am not a drug user but did smoke pot as a teenager. I also did not say that it was okay to use drugs. Saying that I think pot should be legal is a far cry from saying that heroine or cocaine should be legal. Many different drugs are talked about here. Pot is the least of the drugs people should be concerned about. Alcohol is even worse than pot is. Prove by show facts that pot causes the same problems as cocaine, heroine, and even alcohol! Get the dealers, stop the supply and it reduces the users....simple!

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#12 Mar 12, 2008
I have a little input here. Would it be more cost-effective to lock up the hordes of users or to lock up the limited number of suppliers? This might be a great forum to discuss the true purpose of the drug laws in this country (now I am referring to hard drugs not pot).
Lewistown Resident (everyone else put your two cents in as well), what you do think the purpose of enforcing a law banning heroin is? Is it to punish the person for doing wrong? Is it to remove an "unwanted" from the streets? Is it to offer prevention by the threat of incarceration?
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#13 Mar 13, 2008
LPN wrote:
Thats right but without dealers there couldn't be users. Even a user here can go elsewhere to get so it still starts with the dealer.
Wasn't it you that said "your grandmother grows the drug in her back yard",she did not need a dealer to support her habit,but if she gets tired using the shovel she can go down the street and buy it. Didn't it start with the user? So because grandma got lazy ,it's the dealers fault she got into that habit.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#14 Mar 13, 2008
I do believe that it would cost tax payers less to lock the suppliers up!!!
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Mar 13, 2008
<quoted text>
Wasn't it you that said "your grandmother grows the drug in her back yard",she did not need a dealer to support her habit,but if she gets tired using the shovel she can go down the street and buy it. Didn't it start with the user? So because grandma got lazy ,it's the dealers fault she got into that habit.
Your analysis is so off base. For starters she is 80 years old and lives in the middle of nowhere and there is no drug dealer down the street. You can say all you want about that but again remember you have no idea where she lives. Second she doesn't deal, she makes tea out of it. Third, what came first-the chicken or the egg? Now, for the really issue here.....are you so immature that you feel the need to attack an eighty year old grandmother who you don't know a thing about??? HOW CHILDISH! I will give you a little info on my grandmother....she is 80yrs old but looks like she is 50...she doesn't put anything in her system that isn't from this good earth including food. She plants her own food and makes a trip to the herb store 15 miles from her house to by vitamins every three months. She gets her meats from the farmer down the road before they are processed. She hasn't seen a Dr. in 40 some years. She could run circles around you when it comes to your heath. My grandfather is almost 90 and the same goes for him as well. So if pot is so bad for a person then why is it both my grandparents are healthier than most of the 30yr olds in this country!!! You need to think before you just start attacking someone.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Mar 13, 2008
You seem to only be on this thread to try to get under peoples skin. If you have nothing to say that relates to the issue, and if you can't do it in an adult manner then BYE-BYE don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way. What is your favorite color?
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#17 Mar 13, 2008
First being 80 years old doesn't keep you from going to jail for growing or using illegal drugs,except for here in Lewistown where an old man committed sex acts on children and he got house arrest because the judge did not want taxpapers to foot the bill for his health problems.But since you grandmother is 80 and lives and looks like she is fifty,the judge may not be that easy going. LPN didn't you just post that you should not say anything about something you know nothing about ,Then how are you comparing your grandmother to me ,because you know nothing about my health. I could be Charles Atlas and you would not know . I think people will read this forum and figure out for themself who is sticking to the issues,and who is making the most sense.
LPN

Harrisburg, PA

#18 Mar 13, 2008
First being 80 years old doesn't keep you from going to jail for growing or using illegal drugs,except for here in Lewistown where an old man committed sex acts on children and he got house arrest because the judge did not want taxpapers to foot the bill for his health problems.But since you grandmother is 80 and lives and looks like she is fifty,the judge may not be that easy going. LPN didn't you just post that you should not say anything about something you know nothing about ,Then how are you comparing your grandmother to me ,because you know nothing about my health. I could be Charles Atlas and you would not know . I think people will read this forum and figure out for themself who is sticking to the issues,and who is making the most sense.
You are the one bouncing around like a rubber ball...We are all talking drugs and then you come off with someone committing sex acts...you were the one to say my grandmother was lazy so you were the one who passed judgment. As fas as others in this thread figuring out who is making the most sense they already have...guess what....it's not you! Grab a tissue and wipe the tears...I know it is hard for you to handle, but its not going to help you get over it by bashing other people.

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#19 Mar 13, 2008
Lewistown Resident, you are correct that being up in age does not prevent you from going to jail. But that wasn't the point that was being presented. The point was that this 80 y/o woman made an educated decision to grow her tea. Where are all of the negative side effects that the government has led us to believe all these years?
Why has grandma not gone out and started shooting heroin?
Why is she not robbing the cows in the pasture next door?
Why is she not driving down the street randomly killing people?
Why has she not joined the Crips?
Where are all of the negative effects?
It really sounds like grandma could be the poster child for keeping marijuana illegal... Just look at her and how horrible she has become due to her using marijuana!
(sarcasm in case any of the readers don't understand)
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#20 Mar 13, 2008
And you can't comprehend what you read, The sex acts was to inform you that age does not keep you out of jail ,it did in the case of the sex acts, but the health was different than what you decribed for your grandmother. Did that sink in or do you want me to go slower ,a couple words at a time? Also if you think sex was not mentioned ,we are talking about drugs .Maybe you should go back here and read some of the comments from nakedlobo that he was comparing getting arrested for having sex compared to getting arrested for POT. He was not going off the subject then as you say and either was I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Reverend Norman E. Huff Aug 21 Pat Stum Arbegast 1
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Aug 14 Vita 65
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Jul 26 jackwell 22
Lewistown Borough Police Department (Nov '09) Jul '16 Angry teenage girl 1,524
vincent e martz egor Jul '16 martz friends 1
News Shooting leaves 2 dead (Jul '15) Jun '16 Nope 7
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) May '16 Noplacelikehome 339

Granville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granville Mortgages