Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.
#23 Sep 16, 2008
My thoughts and prayers have been with Junior's friends and family since this horrific event. Junior will be forever with us in our hearts. His ray of sunshine attitude will be missed by all. My husband and I were on the benefit ride with him. He was doing what he loved -- riding & serving his community.
To Mike and Kim: You raised an outstanding man, husband, father & officer. He touched everyone's life in a positive way.
To Amanda: Know that he loved & respected you.
To Lanie: You were his entire world, sweetheart!
If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to let us know.
#24 Sep 16, 2008
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday at 11 a.m. from Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, 6084 W. Canal Rd., Abbottstown, with Father Michael E. Messner as Celebrant. Burial will be in East Berlin Union Cemetery.
Viewings will be held Wednesday and Thursday at the church from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. with prayers on Thursday at 8 p.m.
A viewing will also be held Friday at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of Mass.
Friends and the public who wish to attend Mass on Friday are respectfully asked to park at the former Tyco building in East Berlin where shuttle buses will take those attending Mass to the church for the service and then return from church following the service. The shuttle buses will begin at 9 a.m.
1) All out of county police cars will park in both lanes of West Canal Road, between the church and Beaver Creek road (approximately .75 rni)
2) All fire/EMS departments please email Chief Frank Chronister with the apparatus and number of people who plan to attend. Email this information to [email protected] All fire / EMS apparatus will park along the westbound lane of Route 30, starting WEST of the square in Abbottstown Borough facing New Oxford. Please do not park in front of driveways and cross streets. East Berlin FD and York Springs FD apparatus will stage at Abbottstown FD to fall in line behind EARP cruisers at front of procession. CTPD Ptlm. Trostel will halt procession to allow entry of these 2 FD.
3) An police motor units & Blue Knights will park on side access road to Paradise School
4) All Adams County Police vehicles will be parking on St. Mary's Road and any Police overflow from West Canal Rd. as a last resort.
5) Both lanes of West Canal Road will be closed from St Mary's Road to Beaver Creek Road for police parking. West Canal Rd. will be completely closed to traffic from US30 to Beaver Creek Rd.
6) Additional parking may be available on Home Road and Protectory Road as the absolute last resort for motor officers and marked police cars.
Casket Detail will include the following: Priest & Funeral director (first vehicle after motorcycles) Old Grandma Fire Truck, EARP cars, Latimore Twp cars, Family, East Berlin FD apparatus & York Springs FD apparatus,
(a) START South on West Canal Road from church to US30
(b) Procession makes a right onto US30 (west) towards Abbottstown
(c) Continue on US30 (west) until Carlisle Pike SR94 procession will make a RIGHT (northbound on SR94)
(d) Continue on Carlisle Pike to East Berlin Rd (SR234) make a Right (eastbound).
Procession will continue on to East Berlin Borough east on SR234.
(e) The casket detail will make a LEFT at the East Berlin Square onto Harrisburg Street
(f) The Casket Detail will then make a Left onto North A venue
(g) Old Grandma Fire Truck, EARP, Latimore Twp, Limo, & Family continue RIGHT into cemetery
(h) East Berlin FD & York Springs FD park their trucks along North Ave prior to Cemetery entrance
(i) Remainder of procession continues East on SR 234 to TYCO parking lot on left & Incident Command Post and then walk to cemetery (approx .. 4 mi)
(j) The only vehicles allowed in the procession will be those with funeral flags on the vehicles, official police, fire or EMS units.
Add your comments below
|i need a loan urgently contact us and pay up yo... (Sep '13)||Wed||national cash adv...||6|
|Palmyra approves liquor license transfer (Mar '11)||Jul 13||Dodgemtruck||19|
|The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06)||Jun '16||Keira Hume||393|
|Police blotter: Palmyra police thwart burglary ina||Apr '16||Lucy Jane||1|
|City man who threatened neighbors ordered to pr... (Nov '10)||Dec '15||2346tas||9|
|Judge Jones sends three to Lebanon County priso... (Jul '10)||May '15||majestic||11|
|Union Township man jailed for possession of 174... (May '14)||Dec '14||Phoneybaloney||2|
Find what you want!
Search Grantville Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC