Latimore police sergeant dies in crash

Latimore police sergeant dies in crash

There are 22 comments on the Evening Sun story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Latimore police sergeant dies in crash. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Michael C. Weigand, 25, a part-time sergeant with Latimore Township Police Department and full-time patrolman with Eastern Adams Regional Police Department, was killed in a crash Sunday while leading a benefit ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
am in pa

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2008
Thoughts and prayers of comfort to this family in their time of need. So sorry to hear of your loss.
acsd

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Mike you will be missed.
checkthebox

Portsmouth, VA

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Truly am awesome officer. Your family, friends and community will miss you greatly!
Ashley

Spring Grove, PA

#4 Sep 15, 2008
I new him he was a very nice guy he was so nice. I met him in dare and he was a very nice guy.
at a loss for words

Dallas, PA

#5 Sep 15, 2008
Prayers to the family...and may you find eternal peace, Sgt Weigand.
Steve Roth

Middletown, PA

#6 Sep 15, 2008
Ya done good Junior, ya done good!
Mrs K

Gardners, PA

#7 Sep 15, 2008
So sorry to hear of the loss of another innocent biker!
David Ogle

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Sep 15, 2008
Jr we at Eastern Adams Regional Police Department will miss you dearly. The hole that you have left with us will never be filled. It was a honor to have known you, not to mention having the opportunity to have worked with you. I know I will be seeing you again, so I will just say see ya bud. Love ya man.
Mike Fischer

AOL

#9 Sep 15, 2008
Mike is being missed by many today... Mike was an excellent Officer and a Friend. My sympathy goes out to his family and his co-workers. I know that I will feel that void out in the streets when I turn around and he will not be there.
wardle

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Sep 15, 2008
A great Person Who came back to help his community. I had Mike as a student and worked with him as an officer through the school. My deepest sympathy and respect to the family
Christi

Mercersburg, PA

#11 Sep 15, 2008
Mike, you'll be sadly missed so much....just for you my friend- GO STEELERS!
Stevens family

Williamsport, PA

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Mike will be sadly missed be all that knew him...deepest thoughts and prayer for his family and friends..
Funeral arrangements

Brockville, Canada

#13 Sep 15, 2008
can someone plz tell us Canadians who met officer Mike where his funeral arrangements are....
kweigle

Shippensburg, PA

#14 Sep 15, 2008
mike was someone who i thought of as an older brother figure. i could always count on him to make my day better. even if he was playing jokes on people at the fire house or telling me that when i got my license he was going to pull me over just for a good laugh... it always made me happy. he was a very fun loving person who will be greatly missed. my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Sharon Walters

Shermans Dale, PA

#15 Sep 15, 2008
I was with the group riding with Mike "Junior" Weigand. A piece of all of us died the moment that Junior left this world. We loved him and will miss him deeply. We mourn for the family. We rail at the way he died. It never should have happened! I pray that justice is served on his murderer, and have full faith in the police community. I commend the emergency crew that would not stop working on trying to revive Junior, even when the truck that killed him caught fire 6 feet away from them. The fact that his dad was there tore my heart out, but that man kept it together and handled the situation when a lesser man would have collapsed in grief. Thanks to Wright, this area lost one of the best officers it will ever see that day. Thanks to Wright, Junior's daughter has lost all ability to know her father. His parents lost all ability to ever see their son again, a horror that no parent should have to face. The only comfort in this whole situation is that Junior died doing what he loved, surrounded by friends who loved him.
Tasha

Biglerville, PA

#16 Sep 15, 2008
great police office seen along time he will me missed
C McGinty Lake Meade

York, PA

#17 Sep 15, 2008
OUR hearts breaks for Mike's family and all his friends... We know the world loss such a special wonderful guy... What a special Gift Mike was -- He was the best -- I got to meet Sergeant Mike in the last month as a neighbor, a biker, and an awesome Trooper.. under Crime watch... and saw HOW the kids from Bermudian Springs Elem loved him...
I pray for Justice to be done with this driver -- A DRIVER must have control of their vehicle at all times.. and call it what it is -- manslaughter.
KEEP THE MEMORIES close ... and Know HE will be with you when the LIGHTS come on...
all our thoughts and prayers,
Connie & Chuck
Nicole Harnish-Myers

Stewartstown, PA

#18 Sep 16, 2008
Even though Mike and I weren't good friends, It still hurts me to know what happened to him! He was a great guy and was always there when you needed him! We will miss you!
Beth Howe

Palmyra, PA

#19 Sep 16, 2008
Mikey was a huge part of my family's life. The past couple of days we have shared memories of him...and they are all full of mischief, fun and love. That was Mikey...from paint gun battles to seeing who could get in the last pinch. He was a great man and will be dearly missed. Our prayers are with his family.
FYI

York, PA

#21 Sep 16, 2008
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. from Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, 6084 W. Canal Road, Abbottstown, with Father Michael E. Messner as celebrant. Burial will be in East Berlin Union Cemetery. Viewings will be held Wednesday, Sept. 17 and Thursday, Sept. 18 at the church from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m., with prayers on Thursday at 8 p.m. A viewing will also be held Friday, Sept. 19 at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of Mass.
Friends and the public who wish to attend Mass on Friday are respectfully asked to park at the former Tyco building in East Berlin where shuttle buses will take those attending Mass to the church for the service and then return from church following the service. The shuttle buses will begin at 9 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Blue Knights International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, Chapter #24, P.O. Box 218, York Springs, PA 17372. Feiser Funeral Home Inc., 306 Harrisburg St., East Berlin, is in charge of arrangements. Memories may be shared at www.feiserfuneralhome.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police blotter (Jan '09) Aug 3 mister d 2
i need a loan urgently contact us and pay up yo... (Sep '13) Jul '16 national cash adv... 6
News Palmyra approves liquor license transfer (Mar '11) Jul '16 Dodgemtruck 19
The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06) Jun '16 Keira Hume 393
News City man who threatened neighbors ordered to pr... (Nov '10) Dec '15 2346tas 9
News Judge Jones sends three to Lebanon County priso... (Jul '10) May '15 majestic 11
News Union Township man jailed for possession of 174... (May '14) Dec '14 Phoneybaloney 2

Grantville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantville Mortgages