State employees return to work after ...

State employees return to work after one-day partial shutdown

There are 1 comment on the The Morning Call story from Jul 10, 2007, titled State employees return to work after one-day partial shutdown. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Sixteen-year-old Kenneth Stank feared Pennsylvania's partial government shutdown would deprive him of an important rite of passage -- getting his driver's license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Ed McGarvey

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2007
It is OK for Government workers to go out on strike for days or even weeks, but let them get furloughed for one day in a budget battle where we Pennsylvanians are being spared from being hit by a 3.5 billion dollar TAX increase, and they complain, I am a single mom, how dare they put me through this not knowing if and when I will get a pay Check.
Thank you State Senators for denying such a budget from passing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kortne Stouffer investigation entering third week (Aug '12) Mar 4 Lebanon Leroy 19
News SERIES: 'Frustrating' search for Kortne Stouffe... Feb 26 commenters 1
What really goes on down there? (Jun '11) Dec '17 cyberdynesystemsm... 5
Urgent loan Nov '17 adol fadi 1
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov '17 Exlover 6
quick finance (Sep '17) Oct '17 Yep 2
News Trump takes victory lap after vice presidential... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Chilli J 11

Grantville Jobs

Personal Finance

Grantville Mortgages