Homeless man jailed for breaking into...

Homeless man jailed for breaking into houses

There are 10 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Homeless man jailed for breaking into houses. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A 21-year-old man was sentenced to state prison last week for breaking into a condemned home because he needed a place to sleep and for burglarizing a city home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

michelle

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Dec 22, 2008
i am appalled after reading this article. it seems it is more serious to enter a condemned building and steal a tv than it is to be a sex offender and not register your correct address, assault, forgery, or trying to lure a young girl into a car. that is absolutely the most frightening, pathetic thing i have ever heard. it is also shameful. what is this world coming to.
Give me a break

Manheim, PA

#2 Dec 22, 2008
I guess it shows personal possessions are more important then people's bodies and minds are to the Judicial system.
Don Juan

Stewartstown, PA

#3 Dec 22, 2008
He was an easy target with minimal risk upon apprehension. Face it, would you rather arrest this guy with a flashlight or the drug dealer with a gun?

Sad but true!
Bottom Line

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Dec 22, 2008
I wonder who his attorney was???? Here is the law on burglary.

3502. Burglary.
(a) OFFENSE DEFINED.-A person is guilty of burglary if he enters a building or occupied structure, or separately secured or occupied portion thereof, with intent to commit a crime therein, unless the premises are at the time open to the public or the actor is licensed or privileged to enter.

(b) DEFENSE.-It is a defense to prosecution for burglary that the building or structure was abandoned.

(c) GRADING.-

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), burglary is a felony of the first degree.

(2) If the building, structure or portion entered is not adapted for overnight accommodation and if no individual is present at the time of entry, burglary is a felony of the second degree.

(d) MULTIPLE CONVICTIONS.-A person may not be convicted both for burglary and for the offense which it was his intent to commit after the burglarious entry or for an attempt to commit that offense, unless the additional offense constitutes a felony of the first or second degree.

Act 1990-201 (H.B. 251),ยง 1, approved Dec. 19, 1990, eff. July 1, 1991.
Give me a break

Manheim, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2008
Don Juan wrote:
He was an easy target with minimal risk upon apprehension. Face it, would you rather arrest this guy with a flashlight or the drug dealer with a gun?
Sad but true!
Why did you bring apprehension into this ? It's about sentencing.
I Think That

AOL

#6 Dec 23, 2008
He needed a place to sleep . I can see if it was a cold winter day and the poor kid needed a place to stay but it was in July . Give me a break people . This man already burglarized a home and walked off with a 50 in. flat-screen TV Oct 6 . I don't give a dam if the home was condemmed . He still broke into someones property . I like watching my 52 in. flat-screen TV don't You . I think they should lock him up . He needed a place to sleep in the first place . Now he got it . He should be thankful its cold out there .
Give me a break

Lancaster, PA

#7 Dec 23, 2008
I Think That wrote:
He needed a place to sleep . I can see if it was a cold winter day and the poor kid needed a place to stay but it was in July . Give me a break people . This man already burglarized a home and walked off with a 50 in. flat-screen TV Oct 6 . I don't give a dam if the home was condemmed . He still broke into someones property . I like watching my 52 in. flat-screen TV don't You . I think they should lock him up . He needed a place to sleep in the first place . Now he got it . He should be thankful its cold out there .
The economy is so bad in Detroit the convicts don't want to be released from prison. No jobs, No food, No shelter. This is something Bush should be proud of, the convicts want to stay in jail.
wow thats bad

Gettysburg, PA

#8 Dec 27, 2008
wow that sucks
yes

AOL

#9 Jan 2, 2009
Don Juan wrote:
Sad but true!
well said!
Who knows

AOL

#10 Jan 3, 2009
yes wrote:
<quoted text>well said!
Sorry your wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 US Presidential Election: Where to watch t... Nov 9 Kim Campbell like... 1
Trump vs Clinton 2016 (The Issues, candidate po... Nov '16 MAGA2016 1
News Trump takes victory lap after vice presidential... Oct '16 Chilli J 11
The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06) Sep '16 Nannels 394
York peppermint pattie Sep '16 yuck 2
Females only Sep '16 Jay 1
Do Derry Township Police Officers have a bad re... (Jan '08) Aug '16 good-2 57

Grantville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantville Mortgages