grantville needs to hire a police chi...

grantville needs to hire a police chief! and city manager!

Posted in the Grantville Forum

comeonnow

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 16, 2010
A city with no structure! cant take it serious
Amazed

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Yes, Grantville definately needs to hire a new Chief, and Manager.. That place is going to hell in a handbag.. I heard that all the Officers want to leave cause they have an idiot running the police dept. now...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 16, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Yes, Grantville definately needs to hire a new Chief, and Manager.. That place is going to hell in a handbag.. I heard that all the Officers want to leave cause they have an idiot running the police dept. now...
Who is running the dept. now...
Amazed

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2010
Some bonehead that thinks he is Elvis.. He is an idiot, and has no personality.. I have heard that all the officers want to leave unless they fire him..
Stuck

Newnan, GA

#5 Aug 16, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Going to hell in a handbag.. it went there long long ago! Seems there is no hope really for this town- it will never be anything, we will never have anything, it will never go anywhere.. stuck in the dark ages with crooked politicians trying to control everything when they don't know anything - letting their egos and personality conflicts make their decisions for what gets done in this God forsaken town. Its very sad espeically when we as citizens really can't do anything about it - even when you go to council meetings your opinions are shot down or not even heard. No one wants to run for the council because they know they can't get anything done and will face resistance from the members on it whose term is not up - with no manager to help back the employees the council members are running a muck of all of it. We're stuck here because we can't get our house to sell because everyone in the County reads the paper and knows that Grantville is a joke why would they want to move here?
Jennifer Walters

Newnan, GA

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Stuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to hell in a handbag.. it went there long long ago! Seems there is no hope really for this town- it will never be anything, we will never have anything, it will never go anywhere.. stuck in the dark ages with crooked politicians trying to control everything when they don't know anything - letting their egos and personality conflicts make their decisions for what gets done in this God forsaken town. Its very sad espeically when we as citizens really can't do anything about it - even when you go to council meetings your opinions are shot down or not even heard. No one wants to run for the council because they know they can't get anything done and will face resistance from the members on it whose term is not up - with no manager to help back the employees the council members are running a muck of all of it. We're stuck here because we can't get our house to sell because everyone in the County reads the paper and knows that Grantville is a joke why would they want to move here?
I know totally what you mean! I must have had rose colored glasses on when I thought this was going to be just like Mayberry when I moved here, however I did not stop to think this was not t.v. so I could not just change the channel! I am not a basher of any law enforcement this is not thier fault they have been given limited options and we as the people have none with our city government, I came from Clayton County and I miss it, if you watch the 5:00 news that is bad! I quit going to the City Council meetings because it was pointless, now I just save my energy on thinking of running from this nightmare and never looking back!
Disgusted

Wilmington, NC

#7 Aug 17, 2010
what is going on in Grantville. Do they even have a leader? I went by the polie department three times to see this so called Chief.. Each time I was told by this confused little boy in a police uniform that the Lt of all people wouldnt probably be in until like lunch time.. WTH?..I went back around at noon and was told he was at lunch..OK this is looking more and more like a cover up...Does anyone even know this mysterious LT?
Amazed

Covington, GA

#8 Aug 17, 2010
Yeah the Lt. who is supposed to be in charge and wants to be Chief comes in around 11 goes to lunch for three hours and then goes home at 5. Looks like Grantville is in pretty good hands to me! Ya'll would be better off with Coweta County.
Citizen

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 21, 2010
Yes, the officers that are left are fed up. yes there is an interim chief who is questionably competent for the job. He is a yes man for the city council, and that's it. The city council meeting Monday will be interesting. Not enough folks in Grantville have come to the meetings and let their voice be heard about changing for the positive....and they haven't heard enough of the lack of intelligence the city council has to offer. More people will be run off or are leaving...and the "kid" the other person mentioned above? I believe he is now the new detective for the department. Wonder how much experience he has????
Soon

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2010
The LT has made it clear he does not want to be Chief. The chief and city manager will be hired in January when the new Mayor and Council convene. Tomorrow's council meeting promises to be interesting. We'll see.
FED UP

Atlanta, GA

#11 Aug 31, 2010
Another thing that is so sad about Grantville is that it did used to be like Mayberry! I have lived here since I was 4 and it was not always like this. I took my kids to the park by the ballfields last night and left with them after the gaggle of 8 or so teenagers lite up a pipe!!! Like 15 feet away from my babies! Then a cop came rolling through and right past all of us! Didn't even look in their direction! The police are a joke! And the council is just as bad because they only have their own interest at heart not the betterment of the city!
Common Sense

Mcdonough, GA

#12 Aug 31, 2010
FED UP wrote:
Another thing that is so sad about Grantville is that it did used to be like Mayberry! I have lived here since I was 4 and it was not always like this. I took my kids to the park by the ballfields last night and left with them after the gaggle of 8 or so teenagers lite up a pipe!!! Like 15 feet away from my babies! Then a cop came rolling through and right past all of us! Didn't even look in their direction! The police are a joke! And the council is just as bad because they only have their own interest at heart not the betterment of the city!
Did you even bother to flag them down and tell them? Or even call 911? I'm confused. How is the cop the joke?
WoW

Woodstock, GA

#13 Jan 10, 2011
Wondered how a new cop with a long POST history was just hired, now I understand. Only a crooked Police Office could hire this guy. He abuses women, breaks all the rules and just lost his job due to an investigation on him that did not go in his favor.Yet still he was hired. Beware !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder in 1998 (Mar '07) Jul 8 kristie 36
Looking for a Rental House (Apr '10) Jul 5 Steven 3
Stalker Jun 28 Cindy 3
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel Jun '16 Barbara Miller 1
Grantville Police (Dec '09) Apr '16 Simple Truth 112
Hogansville busy bodies Mar '16 Joainee 2
Grantville is more corrupt now. (May '11) Mar '16 Lady In Black 40

Grantville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance