Grantville is more corrupt now.

Posted in the Grantville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JSellsSucks

United States

#1 May 11, 2011
Now the sum lord that we have elected to Mayor has decided to hide the fact he knows nothing about running the city by tring not to let the cities accountant talk to the council. It has nothing to do with following a chain of command. He wants everything/Question to go through him. If they ask the city manager like he wants the city manager will ask Jim first before releasing information to the council. He is a crook, he cares nothing about the people, and is a slumlord. He only wanted to be Mayor to get the police code enforcement to leave him alone. Someone also needs to look into his house's he rent and make sure they are up to code. As a landlord myself I always make sure that the smoke detectors work and the heat works in my house's so that my tenants do not have to use space heaters. Does he?????????

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 May 12, 2011
JSellsSucks wrote:
Now the sum lord that we have elected to Mayor has decided to hide the fact he knows nothing about running the city by tring not to let the cities accountant talk to the council. It has nothing to do with following a chain of command. He wants everything/Question to go through him. If they ask the city manager like he wants the city manager will ask Jim first before releasing information to the council. He is a crook, he cares nothing about the people, and is a slumlord. He only wanted to be Mayor to get the police code enforcement to leave him alone. Someone also needs to look into his house's he rent and make sure they are up to code. As a landlord myself I always make sure that the smoke detectors work and the heat works in my house's so that my tenants do not have to use space heaters. Does he?????????
I was at the meeting. I am not sure exactly how comparing an accountant issue with a slum lord makes any sense but hey that is the mentality we deal with a lot in this city! Mayor Sells at no point made it clear that he wanted all or as you stated everything/question to go through him. He just would like for the accountant to do her job without being micromanaged. You have neglected to note that Rochelle Jabaley agreed with Mayor Sells. I am a big fan of Johnny Cooks and I can see his side of wanting to speak with the accountant. Selma Coty is sitting on that council not to help our city but to take us back a few steps. She does not represent a professional appearance for a city that has so much potential; however she is the very reason why we as a community can not come together to try and build a town that people say “Grantville what a neat little town”! If this issue is going to be handled in a professional manner then it would seem that the City Council, City Manager, The Mayor and the Accountant set up a meeting that is not during a public city council meeting so that the accountant does not feel like she is being attacked and can actually explain to the members of our city government where things stand without the peanut gallery balking everything being said which it is my belief Selma Coty would love to happen. This is generally how it is handled in large corporations. The management gets with the accountant and reviews the information, once everything is completed then the general employees are provided the information.

I am not sure if you have had the opportunity to speak with our new police chief, you may want to take a moment to do so. He certainly is not the type of man that is going to let things slide just because of who you are in the community. On a different note if a renter is not happy with their current rental then they need to consider renting from a different landlord. As a home owner I myself always make sure that the smoke detectors in my home work, my gas furnace works very well providing heat in the colder months. I do choose to use my fire place and I also use space heaters simply because it does help save on that monthly gas bill!

As for Mayor Sells being a crook you need to brush up on a few facts. He is a Vietnam Veteran, was a Captain for Delta Airlines, a trained alcohol and drug intervention counselor for the Airline Pilots Association, Board Member of the Newnan Habitat for Humanity, a foster parent. Along with many other respectable accomplishments you should take the time to research!

Johnny Cooks is also a great asset to our community, a business owner and has great visions to make Grantville the community it should be.

Rochelle Jabaley is a business owner and stands up for what she believes in. I may not always agree with her but I do respect anyone who is firm in their beliefs!

Please tell me so that I can understand what exactly has Selma Coty done for this community except for gripe and moan and cause trouble every time she possibly can?
He really does suck

United States

#3 May 12, 2011
John Kerry was a Vietnam Vet also. Does it mean if your a vet you can't be a crook? So what if he was a pilot for Delta, Pilots for the most part are pricks and think they are above everyone else. Who gives a crap if he is on the board of people who can't afford a house and wants someone else to pay for it. A foster parent so what, he gets paid from the state to do that. He is still a crook and a slumlord. All he has to do now is dye his hair black and grow a little mustache under his nose so that he can fit in with all the other little SS members he has riding around in patrol cars writing tickets to people for trash can violations. He is and will always be a failure to the city. The only buiness that he has had in Grantvillle that is successful is his rental property. The only reason that is is because he buys houses that should be tore down puts caulk on them a rents them to people that make about $8 an hour. His ideas are stupid. Lets leave all the buildings and houses that need to be torn down and build sidewalks. Makes no sense. They are trying to bring buisness in by make downtown look better. Newsflash people store do not give a crap about downtown they are looking at 29 hwy(regardless of what anyone says 29 is the main road that goes through the city). Stop being stupid people. Unincorporate and give control to Coweta. We are already paying for Fire and 911 service. On an average you would pay about 75% of what you pay now in taxes to the city. And you would get the same or better service. The only thing that would be different would be that a sheriff's deputy would come to your house instead of a cop, but one the bright side you would have someone there that wold know the law and not make it up as they go.

Location hidden

#4 May 12, 2011
He really does suck wrote:
John Kerry was a Vietnam Vet also. Does it mean if your a vet you can't be a crook? So what if he was a pilot for Delta, Pilots for the most part are pricks and think they are above everyone else. Who gives a crap if he is on the board of people who can't afford a house and wants someone else to pay for it. A foster parent so what, he gets paid from the state to do that. He is still a crook and a slumlord. All he has to do now is dye his hair black and grow a little mustache under his nose so that he can fit in with all the other little SS members he has riding around in patrol cars writing tickets to people for trash can violations. He is and will always be a failure to the city. The only buiness that he has had in Grantvillle that is successful is his rental property. The only reason that is is because he buys houses that should be tore down puts caulk on them a rents them to people that make about $8 an hour. His ideas are stupid. Lets leave all the buildings and houses that need to be torn down and build sidewalks. Makes no sense. They are trying to bring buisness in by make downtown look better. Newsflash people store do not give a crap about downtown they are looking at 29 hwy(regardless of what anyone says 29 is the main road that goes through the city). Stop being stupid people. Unincorporate and give control to Coweta. We are already paying for Fire and 911 service. On an average you would pay about 75% of what you pay now in taxes to the city. And you would get the same or better service. The only thing that would be different would be that a sheriff's deputy would come to your house instead of a cop, but one the bright side you would have someone there that wold know the law and not make it up as they go.
I assume you are not aware that the new sidewalks are not something that Mayor Sells insisted we need that would be Rochelle Jabaley and Selma Coty. The code enforcement officer was around before Mayor Sells took office. A code enforcement officer is necessary in a town such as ours or we would end up looking like Tobacco Road! You appear to be blaming the incorrect current Mayor for Grantville’s failures. It would be the mayor’s of past that were and always had been a failure to this city!

I have said it once and I will say it again…research places such as Cabrini Green in Chicago or Thomasville Heights in Atlanta and then you will truly see what it is like to live in slum! I have offered in the past to take anyone interested for a joyride just a few counties over to show you what houses and living conditions look like owned by true slumlords.

Here is a newsflash for you….If control goes to the Sheriffs office and then when we do have an emergency then instead of GPD being at the scene within minutes it would take the Sheriff’s Department much longer to arrive at the scene. Here is another newsflash…if downtown Grantville looks like a nuclear testing site then the only thing that prospective businesses are going to do is get on Hwy. 29 and speed off as fast as they can. It is all about representation, you have to court prospective businesses and you sure can not court them in an area that looks like downtown does with Hwy. 29 looking like it suffered the nuclear fallout!

It must be very easy to bash our Mayor, Police Department, City Council, Etc. If Grantville is ever going to be that cute little town that people think is so neat like so many other small towns in America we the citizens need to set aside our differences, work together with each other and our local officials!

Here is a quote from Charles, Prince of Wales, 1989 and it is very fitting to Grantville: People are not there to be planned for; they are to be worked with…There must be one golden rule – we all need to be involved together – planning and architecture are much too important to be left to the professionals.

Location hidden

#5 May 12, 2011
I will have to agree with you that John Kerry was a Vietnam Vet and John Kerry makes me want to puke. John Kerry is also a democrat who partied with Jane Fonda in his war days so there is no comparison between John Kerry and Mayor Sells. I am not a fan of Habitat for Humanity myself; I have one being remolded right up the street that offends me and every other home owner on the street. However they do have to pay a mortgage if you have researched Habitat for Humanity at all. Unlike one of my other neighbors who have the government paying her rent in full by the government right along with her utilities and let’s not forget her groceries are free! So please do not be stupid and do your research before you make comments that are not entirely true!
He really does suck

United States

#7 May 16, 2011
Jennifer Walters wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you are not aware that the new sidewalks are not something that Mayor Sells insisted we need that would be Rochelle Jabaley and Selma Coty. The code enforcement officer was around before Mayor Sells took office. A code enforcement officer is necessary in a town such as ours or we would end up looking like Tobacco Road! You appear to be blaming the incorrect current Mayor for Grantville’s failures. It would be the mayor’s of past that were and always had been a failure to this city!
I have said it once and I will say it again…research places such as Cabrini Green in Chicago or Thomasville Heights in Atlanta and then you will truly see what it is like to live in slum! I have offered in the past to take anyone interested for a joyride just a few counties over to show you what houses and living conditions look like owned by true slumlords.
Here is a newsflash for you….If control goes to the Sheriffs office and then when we do have an emergency then instead of GPD being at the scene within minutes it would take the Sheriff’s Department much longer to arrive at the scene. Here is another newsflash…if downtown Grantville looks like a nuclear testing site then the only thing that prospective businesses are going to do is get on Hwy. 29 and speed off as fast as they can. It is all about representation, you have to court prospective businesses and you sure can not court them in an area that looks like downtown does with Hwy. 29 looking like it suffered the nuclear fallout!
It must be very easy to bash our Mayor, Police Department, City Council, Etc. If Grantville is ever going to be that cute little town that people think is so neat like so many other small towns in America we the citizens need to set aside our differences, work together with each other and our local officials!
Here is a quote from Charles, Prince of Wales, 1989 and it is very fitting to Grantville: People are not there to be planned for; they are to be worked with…There must be one golden rule – we all need to be involved together – planning and architecture are much too important to be left to the professionals.
If you wanted to see Grantvilles sister city you should have went to the projects around where Turner Field is before they tore them down and rebuilt new houses. Grantville will never amount to anything. They will always continue to drag their feet and business will continue to go elsewhere. I think if I where a company I would go either just north or south of the city to build. Just for your information how do you know how long it would take for the Coweta to answer a call if they took over the city? Also from what I have seen when Grantville is called it takes more than just a few or couple of minutes for them to respond. I think I would rather wait a couple of more minutes for a well trained deputy that knows a little more about the law then some half pint reject that can't make it at a real department and has nothing better to do than harass people about there trash cans and grass. Look at the trash Dump beside Jim's Corner. Do something about the SLUMLORD MAYORS DUMP!!!!!!!!!
GPD is stupid

United States

#8 May 16, 2011
Grantville police have nothing better to do than go around and write people warnings for having their trash cans at the road for more than 24 hours. When they get tired of that then they go around and write people warnings for their grass not being cut. Why is the grass on the right of way across from City Hall so tall? Why don't they harass the City to cut it? If it belongs to the homeowners why don't they harass those people? Why is the grass of the bank in front of the school so high? Does anyone think they have written the County a warning?

Location hidden

#9 May 16, 2011
<quoted text> If you wanted to see Grantvilles sister city you should have went to the projects around where Turner Field is before they tore them down and rebuilt new houses. Grantville will never amount to anything. They will always continue to drag their feet and business will continue to go elsewhere. I think if I where a company I would go either just north or south of the city to build. Just for your information how do you know how long it would take for the Coweta to answer a call if they took over the city? Also from what I have seen when Grantville is called it takes more than just a few or couple of minutes for them to respond. I think I would rather wait a couple of more minutes for a well trained deputy that knows a little more about the law then some half pint reject that can't make it at a real department and has nothing better to do than harass people about there trash cans and grass. Look at the trash Dump beside Jim's Corner. Do something about the SLUMLORD MAYORS DUMP!!!!!!!!!
Just for my information…obviously you are the one wanting to know how long it would take for Coweta to respond! It is not rocket science to figure that it would take longer for them to respond. Coweta County Sheriff’s Department is great they saved my life once, how ever our new Chief of Police seems to be very knowledgeable. Just for your information I have taken the opportunity to speak with him and he seems to know how to run a police department, however you must understand that it will take more then a night to correct years of unworthiness in that department.

Just for your information I am not from Grantville so yes I had seen the projects around where Turner Field is and the new homes that had been built. I have seen just about all of the current and past projects the City of Atlanta had and has to offer. I have traveled to many destinations and I have been to places of luxury and places of dilapidation. I regret moving to Grantville mostly because of the defiant ignorance that is such a constant in this city. I am not just a complainer though I am willing to do what it takes to help make this City respectable.

Now here are my final words to you because you seem to be suffering Kennel Syndrome chasing your tail like a dog stuck on this slum lord idea of yours and your delusion of Jim’s Corner looking like a dump. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WAY YOUR CITY IS BEING HANDLED THEN DO NOT HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME ON A PUBLIC FORUM BASHING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT OR SHUT UP AND CONTINUE TO CHASE YOU’RE TAIL!
Screen Name

Atlanta, GA

#10 May 17, 2011
Jennifer Walters wrote:
<quoted text>Just for my information…obviously you are the one wanting to know how long it would take for Coweta to respond! It is not rocket science to figure that it would take longer for them to respond. Coweta County Sheriff’s Department is great they saved my life once, how ever our new Chief of Police seems to be very knowledgeable. Just for your information I have taken the opportunity to speak with him and he seems to know how to run a police department, however you must understand that it will take more then a night to correct years of unworthiness in that department.
Just for your information I am not from Grantville so yes I had seen the projects around where Turner Field is and the new homes that had been built. I have seen just about all of the current and past projects the City of Atlanta had and has to offer. I have traveled to many destinations and I have been to places of luxury and places of dilapidation. I regret moving to Grantville mostly because of the defiant ignorance that is such a constant in this city. I am not just a complainer though I am willing to do what it takes to help make this City respectable.
Now here are my final words to you because you seem to be suffering Kennel Syndrome chasing your tail like a dog stuck on this slum lord idea of yours and your delusion of Jim’s Corner looking like a dump. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WAY YOUR CITY IS BEING HANDLED THEN DO NOT HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME ON A PUBLIC FORUM BASHING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING AND DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT OR SHUT UP AND CONTINUE TO CHASE YOU’RE TAIL!
I think that I will continue to hide behind my screen name. It seems that or mayor or someone close to him must read this because everytime that I put something on here about the trash at Jim's Corner the next day or the same day he has someone cleaning it up. Also in response to your statement about the projects in Atlanta. If Grantville where as big as Atlanta and had the same problems with drugs, gangs, and crime in general where do you think most of it would take place? In the village. I will have to apologizes for the statement about the police. Anyone who would go into that line of work should not be critized and made light of. I am sorry to any police officer that has been affended by those statements. Now what I am trying to say is that there is no way that you can tell what the response time would be if Coweta had control. I am thinking from what I have seen in the past that it would be about the same. And if it is not I really do not think it is going to matter. If someone breaks into my house they will probally already be inside when I call 911. One of two things are gooing to happen, either I will be dead or they will be dead before the police even get there. Maybe they will have ran off. Either way the police will be to late. And by the way not only is he a slumord but his son is too.

Location hidden

#11 May 17, 2011
O.k. here is one last square dance on this slumlord issue. The average slumlord owns one or more houses, apartments, apartment complexes, or duplexes that are in a state of horrid disrepair. These accommodations are rented or leased by the slumlord to those who cannot afford a home that meets minimum standards of livability, usually at exorbitant prices. A matter of statistics the more people there are in any given area, the greater the opportunity for rental — most slumlords own properties in large, urban centers, slum properties, however, are not solely found in cities. The rundown apartment building is the hallmark of the slumlord, and includes places where such basics as heat and water are considered a luxury and does little or nothing to repair problems that might occur with electricity, plumbing, sewage, structural failings, or vermin infestation. Further, the buildings owned by slumlords tend to be filthy. A person knows he is living in slum housing if he feels the need to wipe his feet after leaving the building. The greatest numbers of slum properties are found in blighted, poverty-stricken regions and inner cities that have fallen into decay. Conditions rarely improve for the residents of these slum properties, since there is a prevalent fear that reporting a slumlord to city officials will result in eviction, harassment, and no improvement in living conditions. It is a case of some sort of roof over one’s head being viewed as better than no roof at all. Slumlords often rent their ramshackle apartments and homes to illegal aliens. They know that these renters will not report despicable conditions, as such would put them at risk for identification, incarceration, and possible deportation. Most slumlords do not use a screening process or background checks for their tenants. They will generally accept anyone who walks through the door. Many of their properties are used as drug houses, which poses a huge danger for the other tenants. With this said not a single rental on Jim Sells Properties website http://jimsells.homestead.com/connect.html even comes close to resembling this lengthy description I have just provided to you!
In regards to the size of Atlanta in comparison to Grantville kudos to you the village has its share of activities. As a matter of fact in the first few years of living in Grantville I recall one of the mobile homes right near the village going boom because of a Meth. Lab….that gentleman spent a good bit of time in Grady’s burn unit if I recall. However the village is not solely our only sore spot there are several sore spots in Grantville so it is unfair to assume the entire village is crime ridden and drug infested.
As far as response time if you want to know your local agency’s average response time, just ask them. I can only provide an example not even an estimate or a fact based on our local agencies. My method is not scientific or to be assumed as a fact in anyway just based off of simple logic.
Example: It's going to vary wildly by area and type of call. The average call to 911 takes approximately 2-3 minutes during which time the officer is dispatched.
A city police dept. may have one officer per 1-5 square miles. Times can be from 1-2 minute (fight, accident with injuries, ETC) to 30-45 minutes (theft, alarm, fraud, ETC).
A county sheriff's office may only have one deputy for 200 square miles. Time can be 1-15 minutes for major calls and 1-2 hours for minor crimes.
Screen Name

Atlanta, GA

#12 May 18, 2011
Jennifer Walters wrote:
As far as response time if you want to know your local agency’s average response time, just ask them. I can only provide an example not even an estimate or a fact based on our local agencies. My method is not scientific or to be assumed as a fact in anyway just based off of simple logic.
Example: It's going to vary wildly by area and type of call. The average call to 911 takes approximately 2-3 minutes during which time the officer is dispatched.
A city police dept. may have one officer per 1-5 square miles. Times can be from 1-2 minute (fight, accident with injuries, ETC) to 30-45 minutes (theft, alarm, fraud, ETC).
A county sheriff's office may only have one deputy for 200 square miles. Time can be 1-15 minutes for major calls and 1-2 hours for minor crimes.
Man I didn't know that coweat only has two deputies on duty at any given time. Your crazy, Coweta is only a little over 400 square miles and to say that there is only 1 deputy for about 200 miles is a crazy statement to make. The sheriffs department has different precincts in the county. Since there is already a jail in Grantville and Grantville is about as far south as you can go in Coweta they would use it until a new precinct could be built. Bet you didn't think about that when you were trying to figure in response time did you. Average response time for a non-emergency call runs anywhere for 5 to 7 minutes in Coweta. He also is still a slumlord!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#13 May 18, 2011
Screen Name wrote:
<quoted text>Man I didn't know that coweat only has two deputies on duty at any given time. Your crazy, Coweta is only a little over 400 square miles and to say that there is only 1 deputy for about 200 miles is a crazy statement to make. The sheriffs department has different precincts in the county. Since there is already a jail in Grantville and Grantville is about as far south as you can go in Coweta they would use it until a new precinct could be built. Bet you didn't think about that when you were trying to figure in response time did you. Average response time for a non-emergency call runs anywhere for 5 to 7 minutes in Coweta. He also is still a slumlord!!!!!!!!!!
Do you comprehend what you read or do you just scan through quickly and make an assumption? I never specified that it was an exact latitude and longitude of any county within the state much less Coweta. I am not crazy you are just ignorant so let’s get an exact number on something to make you a little more educated the number of square miles in Coweta County is 443.1 and this number is per georgia.gov !

By the way I was given the example by a friend who happens to be a law enforcement officer in another county close by just as an example not based on any specific location. Before you try and make light of an example given please go to dictionary.com and learn exactly what “example” means because I clearly specified that it was an example!

Sometimes you can actually gain a little knowledge just by doing a little research. Have fun chasing your tail!
Jeremy

Dallas, GA

#14 May 21, 2011
Jennifer Walters wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the meeting. I am not sure exactly how comparing an accountant issue with a slum lord makes any sense but hey that is the mentality we deal with a lot in this city! Mayor Sells at no point made it clear that he wanted all or as you stated everything/question to go through him. He just would like for the accountant to do her job without being micromanaged. You have neglected to note that Rochelle Jabaley agreed with Mayor Sells. I am a big fan of Johnny Cooks and I can see his side of wanting to speak with the accountant. Selma Coty is sitting on that council not to help our city but to take us back a few steps. She does not represent a professional appearance for a city that has so much potential; however she is the very reason why we as a community can not come together to try and build a town that people say “Grantville what a neat little town”! If this issue is going to be handled in a professional manner then it would seem that the City Council, City Manager, The Mayor and the Accountant set up a meeting that is not during a public city council meeting so that the accountant does not feel like she is being attacked and can actually explain to the members of our city government where things stand without the peanut gallery balking everything being said which it is my belief Selma Coty would love to happen. This is generally how it is handled in large corporations. The management gets with the accountant and reviews the information, once everything is completed then the general employees are provided the information.
I am not sure if you have had the opportunity to speak with our new police chief, you may want to take a moment to do so. He certainly is not the type of man that is going to let things slide just because of who you are in the community. On a different note if a renter is not happy with their current rental then they need to consider renting from a different landlord. As a home owner I myself always make sure that the smoke detectors in my home work, my gas furnace works very well providing heat in the colder months. I do choose to use my fire place and I also use space heaters simply because it does help save on that monthly gas bill!
As for Mayor Sells being a crook you need to brush up on a few facts. He is a Vietnam Veteran, was a Captain for Delta Airlines, a trained alcohol and drug intervention counselor for the Airline Pilots Association, Board Member of the Newnan Habitat for Humanity, a foster parent. Along with many other respectable accomplishments you should take the time to research!
Johnny Cooks is also a great asset to our community, a business owner and has great visions to make Grantville the community it should be.
Rochelle Jabaley is a business owner and stands up for what she believes in. I may not always agree with her but I do respect anyone who is firm in their beliefs!
Please tell me so that I can understand what exactly has Selma Coty done for this community except for gripe and moan and cause trouble every time she possibly can?
Did it ever occur to you that city government does not work like a corporation. They must meet in a public forum, that includes discussions with the accountant.

Location hidden

#15 May 22, 2011
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that city government does not work like a corporation. They must meet in a public forum, that includes discussions with the accountant.
I am aware that a government entity is entirely separate from a corporation. Certainly you must know that not everything is shared in a public forum setting when it comes to a government entity. Please advise if there are select invitations that go out to citizens to attend the meetings that are held behind closed doors...such as the one held after the last City Council Meeting, which I am certain the word private was used in reference to!
Clean up the burnt house

United States

#16 May 24, 2011
The house that burnt last winter and took two lives of two children still stands. Why? Jim Sales still owns that property. Jim Sales is a disrespectful human being!
A) It is disrespectful to our community to leave let that house look the way it does. You’d think if he truly wanted our community cleaned up – so we can attract respectable businesses - he’d start with his own filth.
B) It is disrespectful to the family that lost the children.
C) It is disrespectful to the neighbors that live near that house.
D) It is disrespectful to Grantville as a whole, especially since he’s the mayor. Jim Sales is tarnishing his well-established reputation of being an upstanding citizen (Vietnam Veteran, was a Captain for Delta Airlines, a trained alcohol and drug intervention counselor for the Airline Pilots Association, Board Member of the Newnan Habitat for Humanity, and a foster parent). I guess he’d clean up that mess if he were going to get some kind of award, kudos or if there were something in it for him. OR if it were in PTC - LOL.
Screen Name

Atlanta, GA

#17 May 24, 2011
Clean up the burnt house wrote:
The house that burnt last winter and took two lives of two children still stands. Why? Jim Sales still owns that property. Jim Sales is a disrespectful human being!
A) It is disrespectful to our community to leave let that house look the way it does. You’d think if he truly wanted our community cleaned up – so we can attract respectable businesses - he’d start with his own filth.
B) It is disrespectful to the family that lost the children.
C) It is disrespectful to the neighbors that live near that house.
D) It is disrespectful to Grantville as a whole, especially since he’s the mayor. Jim Sales is tarnishing his well-established reputation of being an upstanding citizen (Vietnam Veteran, was a Captain for Delta Airlines, a trained alcohol and drug intervention counselor for the Airline Pilots Association, Board Member of the Newnan Habitat for Humanity, and a foster parent). I guess he’d clean up that mess if he were going to get some kind of award, kudos or if there were something in it for him. OR if it were in PTC - LOL.
HE IS STILL A SLUMLORD.
Jeremy

Newnan, GA

#18 May 24, 2011
Jennifer Walters wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware that a government entity is entirely separate from a corporation. Certainly you must know that not everything is shared in a public forum setting when it comes to a government entity. Please advise if there are select invitations that go out to citizens to attend the meetings that are held behind closed doors...such as the one held after the last City Council Meeting, which I am certain the word private was used in reference to!
No invites when about personnel, legal matters or realestate
Just Sayin

Newnan, GA

#19 Jun 14, 2011
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jennifer Walters sometimes makes factual comments that are not true and does not always tell the truth, Just Sayin, No person should take her seriously. I am saying this because I know for a fact they she has spoke in the past as a fact and it was not the truth!

Location hidden

#20 Jun 14, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Jennifer Walters sometimes makes factual comments that are not true and does not always tell the truth, Just Sayin, No person should take her seriously. I am saying this because I know for a fact they she has spoke in the past as a fact and it was not the truth!
O.k.“Just Sayin” I suppose you have come out of the woodwork because you would like to tango! Since you do not have the gumption to get on here with your real name then who in their educated mind would come on here and listen to your accusation? Provide an example and then the masses may believe you other then that you just look like a hater! Have a nice day!

Location hidden

#21 Jun 14, 2011
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>
In response to Jeremy brush up on some basics about what an Incorporated Municipality is. I will give you a brief history lesson! First fact the City of Grantville was Incorporated in 1852.
An incorporated political subdivision of a state that is composed of the citizens of a designated geographic area and which performs certain state functions on a local level and possesses such powers as are conferred upon it by the state. A municipal corporation is a city, town, village, or borough that has governmental powers. A municipality is a city, town, village, or, in some states, a borough. A corporation is an entity capable of conducting business. Cities, towns, villages, and some boroughs are called municipal corporations because they have the power to conduct business with the private sector. Generally, the authority to govern the affairs within a state rests with the state legislature, the governor, and the state judicial system. However, states give localities limited powers to govern their own areas. The origin of the municipal corporation varies from state to state. Municipal corporations are given the power to govern through either the state constitution or state statutes, or through the legislative grant of a charter. States give municipalities the power to create an official governmental body, such as a board or council. Members of this body are elected by voters who live within the voting boundaries of the municipality. The local body has the power to pass ordinances, or local laws. These laws may not conflict with state or federal laws. The governmental authority most commonly exercised by municipalities is the Police Power. The term police power does not refer to the authority to create police departments, although it does include that power. Police power is the power of state and local governments to enact laws governing health, safety, morals, and general public welfare. On the local level, such ordinances range from the provision of local police to zoning laws to laws on domestic partnerships. The authority of states to exercise police power can be found in the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. States, in turn, grant police power to municipalities, and the municipalities exercise that power within their respective borders. The grant of police power from the state to municipalities can be found in state constitutions or state statutes. States also commonly give their municipalities the power to enter into contracts. This power can be exercised only by action of the local governing body. The body must give notice of its intent to hire a private party for local government work. For example, if a municipality seeks a contractor to construct a building, the municipality must publish a notice of its intentions in a local newspaper and post other notices in public places. A municipality should not hire a private company if a member of the governing body has a financial interest in the company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hogansville man publishes Western novel (Jun '16) Aug '17 indict rodent raphan 11
John Garrett Jun '17 Justice Street 4
child ran over a mcdonalds in Hogansville? May '17 sharlene 1
Review: Moreland Animal Hospital - Nicole Andre... (Jul '09) Apr '17 Courtney Merx 36
News Police Chief Charged With Rape (Sep '07) Apr '17 Gary 23
Murder in 1998 (Mar '07) Mar '17 nicoleyearta 46
News Police Chief Surrenders on Rape Charge (Sep '07) Feb '17 Gary 32

Grantville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantville Mortgages