Area Lutherans may break from ELCA

Area Lutherans may break from ELCA

There are 6 comments on the The Burnett Co. Sentinel story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Area Lutherans may break from ELCA. In it, The Burnett Co. Sentinel reports that:

Approximately 80 Lutherans from five churches in Polk and Burnett counties met last Sunday to explore the idea of breaking away from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and starting a new church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Burnett Co. Sentinel.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Ideology has become the authority and not theology. Probably not a lot of gay people in Gransburg WI.
Innocent bystander

Kingman, AZ

#2 Oct 27, 2009
Other than popular pockets of homosexual population where their percentage of the local population is higher than average, there are homosexuals throughout the country. I would assume that you are suggesting that evolution is behind schedule in Gransburg, or is it behind? After all, evolution depends on reproducing. You certainly can't be referring to creation in the Bible where God created male and female and told them to reproduce. I compliment the ELCA churches of Wisconsin on their efforts to break with the apostate ELCA.
ederick

Baguio City, Philippines

#3 Oct 28, 2009
ELCA apostate church: devil's advocate!Destroyed the orderof creation.
ederick

Baguio City, Philippines

#4 Oct 28, 2009
Devil's advocate! ELCA apostate church! destroyer of God's instituted ordinance

Since: Sep 08

Jordan, MN

#6 Nov 5, 2009
ederick wrote:
Devil's advocate! ELCA apostate church! destroyer of God's instituted ordinance
You talking about heteros destroying marriage? 50%+ divorce rate. 500,000 children awards of the courts in the USA? Listen to the pot calling the kettle DARK.
Listen to the Word

Mohave Valley, AZ

#7 Nov 5, 2009
I agree that hetot caring foerosexuals are also destroying marriage, but that is not the topic of this blog. Start a blog on it and you will find that God's Word is very strong words against the sin of divorce and the guilty party in who causes the divorce. Not caring for their children is also a sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Trump and the National Debt Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Vote For Donald Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Carson Holmquist: His Hometown Remembers a Hero (Jul '15) Jul '15 sassy 1
News Wardens ask for help on illegal dumps (Nov '12) Nov '14 XST 2
housing (Nov '14) Nov '14 John 1
Review: Olsen & Son Drug Store (Aug '14) Oct '14 jydg 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantsburg Mortgages