This is my experience with grants pass and josephine county:
1) If you have out of state plates, you will be harassed until which time the officer is content on issuing you some sort of citation and once in the hands of the court, they will change your court date at the last minute and make a phone call to a distant relative of your same surname and claim they gave a fair announcement. It doesn't matter if you did nothing wrong and pointed to the officer of a woman who was drunk and not having her car headlamps on who was just in front of me. The cop faced the other car to see ti happen and he didn't care about it when he was told of it - he just proceeded with his fishing expedition for revenue.
2) You can live next to big drug dealers and repeated calls to the police department, even with a list of 30 cars with their license plates who went there to buy drugs ended up in not a single officer going there to investigate.
3. You can be chased by a pitbull that is unleashed and call the police department and they won't show up.
4. You can be 2 blocks from the police department and notice a person throw out a burning cigarette, make a remark to her of what she did and once in front she yells at you and when facing her she can ram you then suddenly stop to get you on the hood of her car then speed up with you on the hood. If you jump off without getting hurt, nothing happens. The infraction of throwing a burning object didn't get prosecuted, the hitting of a pedestrian didn't get prosecuted, the encroachment into the pedestrian zone on a red light didn't get prosecuted, the speeding up with a person on the hood cause by the driver didn't get prosecuted.
5. If you have repeated problems with neighbors causing problems with their dogs, either chasing after you on your own property or repeated barking with the owner not trying to silence them, the law doesn't care about this either. And it makes you wonder why there's a law that says if your grass is over 6" it's against the law. Would that be more serious than having to endure stress all the time in dealing with harassment?
6. I learned that the police department hired a felon and that the chief is rumored to be involved in drug trafficking.
It's amazing here!