AMA

Bothell, WA

#3821 Apr 13, 2014
Anna M wrote:
<quoted text>
In almost no cases of successful prosecutions of women who clearly had Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy was the word Munchausen ever used. It won't be here, either. This not a legitimate diagnosis in the DSM. It is simply a term coined by those who noted a pattern of specific, abuse behavior on the part of parents.
No one will have to prove that Parker has Munchausens in order to successfully prosecute her for medical child abuse.
But it is clear that's her issue - faking or causing illness in her kids for attention.(The profit from fraud was just an added bonus to this criminal).
And, the husbands is such mothers fit a profile, based on my research. No court needs to prove a thing for that to be the case.
Thanks for the explanation. I've only heard the word Munchausen's thrown around a few times . One in particular was a nurse who gave tiny babies a shot and brought them to near death, called an ambulance or helicopter and rode with and while she was with them gave them another shot to counteract the death shot. I want to say she was from Texas or down South but its been years since I read the book. It was a true crime book and very interesting how long she was able to get away with this. Unless I'm mixed up, they actually had one baby under surveillance and saw her do something.( I could be wrong on that)

At any rate, this nurse didn't have any kids and I don't believe she was married,. She did all this just to "be somebody" important. She had a huge need to be a savior to all these infants She got huge accolades from saving an infant. If she would have stopped at a few, she never would have been caught, the infants couldn't speak yet so nobody had any idea By saving a dying infant, the parents were always incredibly thankful and she felt like she was an" angel of mercy," even tho she was the one who created the problem in the first place. There were many babies she "saved" before she got caught. Most of the time she was alone n the office when this happened or just had like a receptionist there. It took place in a small town and she was definitely a hero in their eyes.*I think most of the shots wee just a series of normal baby shots that they were being seen for.,I don't remember clearly, but I don't think any of the kids actually died, and I think she went t work for a hospital and that was how she eventually did get caught...

Did you ever read or hear about this nurse? They actually said over and over it was MbP in her case. I wish I could remember the author or name of the book, it was just crazy....
AMA

Bothell, WA

#3822 Apr 13, 2014
Show Me The Money69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, the church that gave them the large donation was one that they did not attend for very long & I don't remember how long after the adoption, but they stopped Attending there.
I think me and a lot of people just "assumed" they had a family church and were active in it. She threw do many words of God and praises and the prayers, verses from the bible that it was automatic on most parts that they did have a huge support system thru the church. Now I'm not so sure and I think she could easily been a person who never stepped foot in a church, but could talk the talk and nobody every questioned her on it. Also Adam and Megan did the same. I just assumed they had a church family... Adam was all about God in his posts, comments and You Tubes.
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#3823 Apr 13, 2014
Show Me The Money69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The alternative name given for MSBP is Factitious Disorder Imposed on Another, as defined in the current DSM-V.
Wow. You are right. And I've heard the term factitious disorder applied to Munchausen type situations but I never knew it was a DSM diagnosis. I stand corrected.

But not to worry. I don't think there's much possibility of a not guilty by reason of insanity verdict in such a case. Full blown schizophrenics who babble and smear their own feces are hard pressed to successfully use an insanity defense. And This woman has shown she knew what she was doing. It's just not a viable defense for her.

Plus, these types almost never admit their guilt.
Caring Mom

Broken Arrow, OK

#3825 Apr 13, 2014
AMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the explanation. I've only heard the word Munchausen's thrown around a few times . One in particular was a nurse who gave tiny babies a shot and brought them to near death, called an ambulance or helicopter and rode with and while she was with them gave them another shot to counteract the death shot. I want to say she was from Texas or down South but its been years since I read the book. It was a true crime book and very interesting how long she was able to get away with this. Unless I'm mixed up, they actually had one baby under surveillance and saw her do something.( I could be wrong on that)
At any rate, this nurse didn't have any kids and I don't believe she was married,. She did all this just to "be somebody" important. She had a huge need to be a savior to all these infants She got huge accolades from saving an infant. If she would have stopped at a few, she never would have been caught, the infants couldn't speak yet so nobody had any idea By saving a dying infant, the parents were always incredibly thankful and she felt like she was an" angel of mercy," even tho she was the one who created the problem in the first place. There were many babies she "saved" before she got caught. Most of the time she was alone n the office when this happened or just had like a receptionist there. It took place in a small town and she was definitely a hero in their eyes.*I think most of the shots wee just a series of normal baby shots that they were being seen for.,I don't remember clearly, but I don't think any of the kids actually died, and I think she went t work for a hospital and that was how she eventually did get caught...
Did you ever read or hear about this nurse? They actually said over and over it was MbP in her case. I wish I could remember the author or name of the book, it was just crazy....
The nurse you are referring to is named Genene Jones. I am from the San Antonio area and remember when this happened. It was horrible and I must admit that the things I've read about Kate and also on the caringbridge sites did remind me of her. Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about her:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genene_Jones

I don't remember it being called MbP at the time, but it certainly could have been. Although she was looking for attention as being a savior of sick and dying children, which might not be the same thing but I don't know for sure.
duped 2

Johnstown, NY

#3826 Apr 13, 2014
Caring Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
The nurse you are referring to is named Genene Jones. I am from the San Antonio area and remember when this happened. It was horrible and I must admit that the things I've read about Kate and also on the caringbridge sites did remind me of her. Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about her:
I don't remember it being called MbP at the time, but it certainly could have been. Although she was looking for attention as being a savior of sick and dying children, which might not be the same thing but I don't know for sure.
Did you see where she has a mandatory release date of 2017? This is very unsettling.
joy taylor

Eugene, OR

#3827 Apr 13, 2014
that biotch is in jail now, maybe they'll take the kids away from her

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3828 Apr 13, 2014
A-Blog wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas of how to repay the videos to the blog without using YouTube. They have been reported for privacy by an individual. Not that I'm surprised.
Not surprised at all.
I believe you can use a link to dropbox. If you upload them individually, then share the link to each video, I think that should let people play them.

But it wouldn't let you embed them.

You might try vimeo.
Or try uploading them as private videos.(If that would make a difference? Not sure if that would make any difference under the TOU on Youtube).

I can ask my daughter. She's a whiz with this sort of thing.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#3829 Apr 13, 2014
joy taylor wrote:
that biotch is in jail now, maybe they'll take the kids away from her
Just wondering- Do you have a personal connection to the Parkers? Many in this board followed her blogs for years, some had IRL connections and experiences. A few here only recently learned if this story via the media. Those of us that have been here for some time try to keep conversations evidence-based and respectful (even though we don't always agree).

Anyway, welcome.:)

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3830 Apr 13, 2014
AMA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think me and a lot of people just "assumed" they had a family church and were active in it. She threw do many words of God and praises and the prayers, verses from the bible that it was automatic on most parts that they did have a huge support system thru the church. Now I'm not so sure and I think she could easily been a person who never stepped foot in a church, but could talk the talk and nobody every questioned her on it. Also Adam and Megan did the same. I just assumed they had a church family... Adam was all about God in his posts, comments and You Tubes.
That was my impression too -- that they were a church family. I think I'd assumed that at least Kate had stopped attending due to Josh's and Bethany's ailments, while maybe Charley, Adam and Megan were taking the others. That was always my impression.

@Voice -- your writeup made me so sad for you. I'm sorry you had to go through that awfulness. Nobody likes to feel rejected, especially by a parent. It sounds like you have a painfully good idea of how some of the kids may be feeling, esp. Bethany.
Anonymous

West Monroe, LA

#3831 Apr 13, 2014
I need to ask you all a question. I am concerned about a situation involving a mom with a child having Downs Syndrome. She is awake and posting online 24/7 and claims to know so much about this case. In fact; she is the one who started the thread about this case at a popular forum I read (do not post on). She is being called a hero on the thread because she started the topic over there.

She claims to have wanted to adopt 'B' before Kate did. She claims to know so much about Kate that she has said to feel free to ask her any questions. I am genuinely concerned about this person's daughters. She posts 24/7 with seemingly no time for anything else. She claims her childs doctors actually let HER tell them what is wrong with her child and diagnoses accordingly.

I have a real concern with her posting so many pictures online of both her daughters and being online to the point I just cannot see how she has time to care for her daughters.

My question is; should I just ask Child Services to check in on her daughters? I want to do the right thing. I was worried about the daughters long before this case was in the public eye.

Thanks;
New Momster
SLF

Eugene, OR

#3832 Apr 13, 2014
I have read the CB notes in the blog for several days now. There is a common theme with all of those posts. The first one being is that Kate said she had to "fight" constantly with the doctors. Do you think maybe the doctors then saw something wrong, but just blew it off? The other thing is that she really pushed to have Bethany on some sort of narcotic pain medication at all times. That would definitely make a child start regressing if they were always drugged. Another thing that bothers me if that she says that Bethany was unhappy. Well, I think I might be unhappy in that situation, too. Kate had no clue how to care for her. Why in the world did she ever adopt those girls?

I can't believe I read all of that stuff way back when and never questioned it. I find myself questioning every single person on the internet now that has a sick kid. An example would be FB pages that are dedicated to a sick or special needs child.
SLF

Eugene, OR

#3833 Apr 13, 2014
New Momster wrote:
I need to ask you all a question. I am concerned about a situation involving a mom with a child having Downs Syndrome. She is awake and posting online 24/7 and claims to know so much about this case. In fact; she is the one who started the thread about this case at a popular forum I read (do not post on). She is being called a hero on the thread because she started the topic over there.
She claims to have wanted to adopt 'B' before Kate did. She claims to know so much about Kate that she has said to feel free to ask her any questions. I am genuinely concerned about this person's daughters. She posts 24/7 with seemingly no time for anything else. She claims her childs doctors actually let HER tell them what is wrong with her child and diagnoses accordingly.
I have a real concern with her posting so many pictures online of both her daughters and being online to the point I just cannot see how she has time to care for her daughters.
My question is; should I just ask Child Services to check in on her daughters? I want to do the right thing. I was worried about the daughters long before this case was in the public eye.
Thanks;
New Momster
That is a tough one. You could call CPS, but if there's no real report of neglect, mistreatment or abuse, it may not be looked into. If you have concerns then you rally can only make that decision. I think that anyone claiming to know "a lot" about this case and is bragging about it probably really doesn't know. I am curious who it is now. She probably only knows as much as we do and I live 2 hours north of Kate.
Mom 2 six

United States

#3834 Apr 13, 2014
New Momster wrote:
Thanks;
New Momster
What board is it on? One that Kate frequented a lot?
Anonymous

West Monroe, LA

#3835 Apr 13, 2014
Mom 2 six wrote:
<quoted text>
What board is it on? One that Kate frequented a lot?
It is on WS. She seems to be rather popular over there and with a jillion posts. Her posts are just nuts at times. She has made no secret as to where she is and it is a small area so there should be no problem with Child Services finding her. I feel she is exploiting her daughters and she seems to want constant attention.

Kate did post there at one point, but not for a long time. Obviously it is NOT Kate because Kate is in jail. It's just that I do see so many common traits with this person and Kate. This person holds her Downs Syndrome child up as if she is a badge of honor or something. She also has a bit of a mean streak at times.

I think I will get in touch with Child Services. If there is nothing wrong there, then that is wonderful. If there IS something wrong, I want it uncovered.

Thanks;
New Momster
You Must Be Joking

Montgomery, TX

#3836 Apr 13, 2014
New Momster wrote:
<quoted text>
It is on WS. She seems to be rather popular over there and with a jillion posts. Her posts are just nuts at times. She has made no secret as to where she is and it is a small area so there should be no problem with Child Services finding her. I feel she is exploiting her daughters and she seems to want constant attention.
Kate did post there at one point, but not for a long time. Obviously it is NOT Kate because Kate is in jail. It's just that I do see so many common traits with this person and Kate. This person holds her Downs Syndrome child up as if she is a badge of honor or something. She also has a bit of a mean streak at times.
I think I will get in touch with Child Services. If there is nothing wrong there, then that is wonderful. If there IS something wrong, I want it uncovered.
Thanks;
New Momster
You are going to report someone to Child Services because they post on a forum? It seems YOU are the one with mean streak.
SLF

Eugene, OR

#3837 Apr 13, 2014
You Must Be Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to report someone to Child Services because they post on a forum? It seems YOU are the one with mean streak.
YOU obviously don't understand her concern! Sounds like Megan and her cohorts are back.
AMA

Bothell, WA

#3838 Apr 13, 2014
Caring Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Caring Mom. I just read thru the wiki and so many facts I had mixed up. I was reaching far back and couldn't remember if any of the kids died. Just imagine, she's up for parole in 2917 and she got a total I think of 165 years in prison Texas seems to have this law about early release due to too many prison population. GRRRR
New Momster

West Monroe, LA

#3839 Apr 13, 2014
You Must Be Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. NOT because the person posts on a forum. It is because of how it is done and the circumstances surrounding the way this poster does. It is the nature of the posts and how her daughters seem to be exploited.
The forum she posts incessantly on is a very fine forum and one that is very instrumental in finding missing people and is a true advocate for children. However; sometimes bad people do find their way there.
You are certainly free to feel however you want, but what would YOU do if you felt as I do?
Thanks;
New Momster
AMA

Bothell, WA

#3840 Apr 13, 2014
duped 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see where she has a mandatory release date of 2017? This is very unsettling.
I should have read further down. I just said that below...Out of a 165 years prison term, she doesn't nearly have to do that. She is up for release in 2017... I bet the parents to this babies hate that. I know I would. Just knowing their kids killer is walking the streets would make for many a sleepless nite for me...I was shocked!
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#3841 Apr 13, 2014
New Momster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks;
New Momster
I know who you are talking about and went and looked at her posts. She does not post 24/7. There is time, often hours, between posts. It's easy to see. Also, I post a heck of a lot myself but it takes only a minute to see if there's been an update, read a post and post a reply. I will be eating, or take a five minute break from work, or standing in line somewhere, or watching t.v., etc., and read and post. I check my phone a lot for updates whenever I get a minute. I think she's the same way.
Also, people are not calling her a hero for starting the thread. They are praising her for remaining concerned and tracking this case for years, despite her misgivings about her own motivations for doing so, which she has been very candid about.
I also just looked and saw her photos of her kids. Those photos are in a private forum and are not public at all. It's just a place for members who know her to go and have a break from crime. She doesn't describe any intense medical things I can see, just talking about her cute kids who look 100% healthy, totally happy and very well cared for in the photos. The photos also show that she is out and about doing lots of things with the kids, like snowmobiling, going out for a girls' day out, playing, etc. and spends almost all her time with them, sewing for them, doing cool crafts, etc. So I see nothing to worry about.
There are a lot of odd people on the internet who are reveling in their kids' medical issues, much like Parker. Maybe those are the ones we should worry about instead of what appear to be dedicated mommies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Pass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump For President (Sep '16) Tue guerinml 9
Grants Pass National Vendor Jevin Stiffs & Sues... Sep '17 JevinScam 3
Review: PRO Tech Mobile RV Repair (Dec '13) Aug '17 Sundhara 3
News Man pleads no contest to stealing over $260k fr... Jun '17 good day 1
News Grants Pass elderly woman facing no cause eviction Jun '17 good day 1
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188
Mike (Mar '17) Mar '17 Greg 1

Grants Pass Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance