I-40 flagger hit, killed: Grants woman run down by alleged drun...

Full story: Gallup Independent

A female construction worker was killed Thursday by an allegedly drunken driver.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 136 of136
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Crazy

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Hello?
Crazy

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Wow? What a crock of sh=t this family or Milroy Vanderver is, huh he claims that it was a wrongful death of Vivian Williams. Hello the guy killed and kept going! New Mexico laws suck to the bone. they filed a petition in Santa Fe county of wrongful death!!!! How wrong Milroy? You killed bottom line. What a joke you are and to have your wife Alfreda as a defendent? Last I heard she was working at the time, how is she a witness? What an embarrasment! You both should be ashamed!!!! I hope you get what you deserve!!! Behind bars!!!!
still mourning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

ok, "Crazy" i'm not sure where your getting your false information from. my family and i are still in mourning and the healing process is hard when there are idiots like yourself who have no idea what's goin on. please respect our loved one who we have lost and the rest of us who are still mourning.
HUH

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Forgive and Forget?
losperea6290

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

I rode in a bike run for Vivian just a few weeks ago and wanted to know if I could find pictures, thanks....
Checking in

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

So whats gonna happen with Milroy? Did they let him go or what? just wondering? Wow a bike run for Vivian thats cool....... Wish i knew what was going to happen with the courts and all?
Rural phelps

Odessa, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

New Mexico wrote:
does it really matter if i am a family member or friend? no it doesnt. you know people make mistakes all the time. im sure you've made a few in your life. there's no need for name calling. im sure you drove drunk or was with somebody who was one time or another. People out there commit horrible crimes than this and you think he should get the maximum penalty? put yourself in this situation. hopefully you'll have more sympathy but i highly DOUBT IT!<quoted text>
People make mistakes but those who do not learn from the first mistake or from other peoples mistakes I have no sympathy for. It is a well known fact drunk driving causes impaired driving and for someone to lose their life just doing her job because someone could not just sleep in their vehicle at where ever they got drunk or had someone drive them is absolutely ludicrous. Wow when will people finally grow up and be responsible for themselves.
cocerned citizen

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

vandever should be going for sentencing in sept., not sure on the date will check into that. vandever has supposedly gone to be evaluated, before the judge decides what his fate will be. Hopefully when the family stands up in court to face vandever and the court to let them know what an awesome person we lost, the court will give him (vandever) what he deserves! I have always believed that you make your own destiny. I totally disagree when someone says they have no choice but to drink or abuse alcohol (or drugs) because their ancestors,family members or even race was the way they were raised. I had an alcoholic mother, I chose not to follow in her footsteps. every one has that choice, YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR LIFE! if you want it with all your heart. God can also help yoy just need to ask him. Sorry, it just makes me mad when people use lame excuses for their own stupidity. On another note THANKS to everyone who attended the memorial bike run. I know Vivian was happy to see all her family, old friends and her new friends there. Hopefully this will be an annual event.
los Perea

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

my husband and I attended Vivian's memorial bike run and had asked once before for pic's. Just wondering if you have them posted somewhere? It was an Honor meeting family and friends. thanx
Rural phelps

Pleasant Hill, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Why?
HUH wrote:
Forgive and Forget?
jiinx

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

AGREED!
cocerned citizen wrote:
vandever should be going for sentencing in sept., not sure on the date will check into that. vandever has supposedly gone to be evaluated, before the judge decides what his fate will be. Hopefully when the family stands up in court to face vandever and the court to let them know what an awesome person we lost, the court will give him (vandever) what he deserves! I have always believed that you make your own destiny. I totally disagree when someone says they have no choice but to drink or abuse alcohol (or drugs) because their ancestors,family members or even race was the way they were raised. I had an alcoholic mother, I chose not to follow in her footsteps. every one has that choice, YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR LIFE! if you want it with all your heart. God can also help yoy just need to ask him. Sorry, it just makes me mad when people use lame excuses for their own stupidity. On another note THANKS to everyone who attended the memorial bike run. I know Vivian was happy to see all her family, old friends and her new friends there. Hopefully this will be an annual event.
Rural Phelps

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Me too
on topic

Sahuarita, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Hmmmmm? Im just wondering if the judge on this case would really put Milroy away in prison...... after all it has been a year since this happen. And he is fighting for his freedom saying that the death happen on indian land, that is like a get out of jail free card there cause when something happens on indian land the sentencing is less brutal than state laws, Im just wondering to what happend to D.A.R.E to drive drunk in New Mexico and the cammercials that they show on TV saying they are tougher on drunk drivers........ I really dont know what is going on with laws in New Mexico? It seems that they really dont care even though someone (Vivian) died. How about the family? They are going through alot with this case wondering what is going to happen. If he is let go free or less sentencing then what? Ill tell one thing if he is let go it will happen again. I just read all the postings on this subject and hopefully justice is served, and that Vivians family are ok. This is crazy one year and no sentencing yet.....
Grieving in Nevada

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

The time has come for Vivian's soul to be put to rest. Sentencing for Milroy Vandever was on Monday September 20th. I, along with all of my family members, was there to hear the verdict. The judge allowed my family to read statements that we had all wrote about how Vivian's death impacted us. It was a very hard day for all of us. Getting up in front of everybody and reading those statements to the judge was not very easy, especially with Milroy and his family watching us. The medical examiner testified about Vivian's cause of death and how tramatic her injuries were. His testimony along with the statements from the family prompted the judge to give Milroy the maximum sentence possible. Milroy was only sentenced to 12 years in prison; he will be able to get parole after 7.5 years. If parole is granted, he will be on probation for 2 years. He will have to get an ignition interlock device installed on his vehicle, if he gets his driver's license back. Even though the sentence doesn't seem fair or long enough for Milroy taking Vivian's life, my family has chosen to accept it and try to move on. There is nothing else physically possible that we can do. Putting Milroy in prison for life will not bring Vivian back, and no matter how much I want him to spend his life in prison, he will have to answer to God when his time comes. I will no longer be posting any entries to this blog after today. I have to allow myself time to grieve for Vivian, and constantly being reminded of Milroy does not help. My family appreciates all of the love and support from everybody during this difficult time. Just remember, we will see Vivian again someday. Until that time comes, I ask that each and every one of you try and live your life to the fullest each day, because we don't know when our last moments on this earth will be. Thank You.
jiinx

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

U ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. BUT ABOUT MILROY NOT SPEND MORE TIME ARE EVEN LIFE IN JAIL DONT MAKE SINCE. BUT I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOES WELL. AND MY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY. I KNOW VIV WHEN WE WERE WORKING AT GOOD SAM. AND WALMART. SHE WAS A GREAT HARD WORKING PERSON. I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOST :( GOOD BLESS
Grieving in Nevada wrote:
The time has come for Vivian's soul to be put to rest. Sentencing for Milroy Vandever was on Monday September 20th. I, along with all of my family members, was there to hear the verdict. The judge allowed my family to read statements that we had all wrote about how Vivian's death impacted us. It was a very hard day for all of us. Getting up in front of everybody and reading those statements to the judge was not very easy, especially with Milroy and his family watching us. The medical examiner testified about Vivian's cause of death and how tramatic her injuries were. His testimony along with the statements from the family prompted the judge to give Milroy the maximum sentence possible. Milroy was only sentenced to 12 years in prison; he will be able to get parole after 7.5 years. If parole is granted, he will be on probation for 2 years. He will have to get an ignition interlock device installed on his vehicle, if he gets his driver's license back. Even though the sentence doesn't seem fair or long enough for Milroy taking Vivian's life, my family has chosen to accept it and try to move on. There is nothing else physically possible that we can do. Putting Milroy in prison for life will not bring Vivian back, and no matter how much I want him to spend his life in prison, he will have to answer to God when his time comes. I will no longer be posting any entries to this blog after today. I have to allow myself time to grieve for Vivian, and constantly being reminded of Milroy does not help. My family appreciates all of the love and support from everybody during this difficult time. Just remember, we will see Vivian again someday. Until that time comes, I ask that each and every one of you try and live your life to the fullest each day, because we don't know when our last moments on this earth will be. Thank You.
wow

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

I just hope he realizes what he has done to his own family and to the family of the person he killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 136 of136
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grants Discussions

Search the Grants Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Thu Joe 221
NM Title case: Arrest warrant issued for Bobby ... (Aug '12) Apr 11 SimplyraisedinSanJuan 5
State attorney general warns of timeshare scam (Apr '10) Jan '14 Larry Morales 3
VA Hospital adds on $30 million in construction Nov '13 Daryl 3
Review: La Bella Vita Italian Eatery (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
Nonprofit offers free drug help in Albuquerque (May '13) Jun '13 Impressive 2
NM lawmakers make Las Cruces stop to announce n... (Apr '13) Apr '13 APPAUSEPLEASE 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grants Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grants People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance