Grants kick in for Columbus water system upgrades

Full story: The Deming Headlight

Water infrastructure in the village of Columbus recently received a flood of funds from the Southwest New Mexico Council of Governments.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2010
justice

Columbus, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Excuse me how can you say 1.7 million was spent is it not your village residents that are paying for this revers osmosis. Hopefully you will complete work as required, and not have the funds pulled again like the grants that were lost earlier this year.
village taxpayer

Ebensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

justice wrote:
Excuse me how can you say 1.7 million was spent is it not your village residents that are paying for this revers osmosis. Hopefully you will complete work as required, and not have the funds pulled again like the grants that were lost earlier this year.
They say the Mayor of Columbus has deep pockets.
scanlon

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

village taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
They say the Mayor of Columbus has deep pockets.
'THEY' say lots of things, mostly lies.

There is no way that the few households and businesses, and school, etc., online with this water system could have paid for these much needed upgrades of the leaky, inefficient and undrinkable old system.

Thanks to the careful record keeping and constant, effective lobbying of this present administration under Mayor Eddie Espinoza, Columbus receives the necessary grants even in this economic downturn and shrinking budgets, when other municipalities go empty handed. Thanks to the verifiable and honest audits this mayor has turned in year after year, including audits for the several years the prior administration failed to submit any audit at all to the state, his administration was proven reliable and honest and capable of undertaking this grand and necessary infrastructural project. And so it got funded by the state, etc.

Now, thanks to this upgrading to electronic meters we will have more accurate and efficient readings and the town clerk will not sit there entering by hand the readings the town crew took by hand.

Now the ancient water pipes will not be losing water, so precious under this modern Reverse Osmosis system by which we may actually drink with safety and confidence the tap water, without children developing brown teeth due to excess minerals.

We all Columbus residents owe a great debt of gratitude to Mayor Espinoza. It is not his deep pockets but his deep heart and skillful administration which has brought this modernization to our community, which further leads to businesses and home owners coming in.

TAke a look at that new First New MExico Bank ready to go!
justice

Columbus, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Do not thank him, thank the people in the village who continue to pay for everything, who is building businesses, or buying homes in columbus currently if the the narcos from palomos fleaing into columbus. Give thanks to paul who is on top of his grant writing.
justice

Columbus, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Oh by the way it is FNMB just a new building not a new business. I am sure FNMB did it all not your Mayor. HOw about him offering jobs to people in the community who are not employed by Customs that really have no need for another job. Is he just plain dumb and does not know that people in his village actually need jobs.
Maniatico

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Espinoza is a pathetic loser. And don't even get me started on that skum bag of a Chief of Police.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grants Discussions

Search the Grants Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
State attorney general warns of timeshare scam (Apr '10) Jun '14 Mikasa Lin 4
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun '14 indian 23
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach Jun '14 benjamin Edward goessling 1
NM Title case: Arrest warrant issued for Bobby ... (Aug '12) May '14 Native B o r n 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
VA Hospital adds on $30 million in construction (Nov '13) Nov '13 Daryl 3
Review: La Bella Vita Italian Eatery (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cibola County was issued at August 01 at 4:26AM MDT

•••
•••
•••
Grants Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grants Jobs