Alcohol poisoning kills teen

Alcohol poisoning kills teen

There are 11 comments on the KOB-TV story from May 10, 2010, titled Alcohol poisoning kills teen. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

State police are conducting nearly two dozen interviews on Monday in the investigation into the death of a teen with an extremely high blood alcohol level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

Kim

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 12, 2010
What a tragic loss. From what I understand the child that lost his life had great potential. My condolences to the family of a beautiful life ended. It is believed that adults were present at the get-together entitled the "Bluewater Bash", those adults should be held responsible for allowing underage drinking to occur. I ask "where did the young boy get the alcohol from?" "Who purchased it?" Was the loss the result of Crownpoint's Senior Proms Cancellation?
Mary

Hurricane, UT

#2 Jun 25, 2010
What a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry for the family.
This is exactly what I was terrified would happen to my 16 year old in March when he was brought home passed out with graffiti all over his body. We took him into the ER just to make sure and got him on an IV.
He had lied to us about his whereabouts and we were stupid to accept his word without calling his friends parents.
It taught us to ALWAYS verify our teenagers plans with other adults who are supposedly involved. Never again will we allow sleepovers. And I have yet to investigate the kids parents whose house this bash happened in. They were out of town at the time.
Keep alcohol AWAY from youngsters! Those adults should certainly be held responsible!
parent

Parker, CO

#3 Jun 30, 2010
I do not understand why it is not mentioned that Eric Edwards, who faces the most serious charges, is a teacher at Newcomb Middle School. He has always been known to swear at the kids, tell them dirty jokes, and generally be their "friend". Parents and teachers complained constantly to the principal, who would laugh and ignore the problem. Now a young man is dead. Why do we talk about the Crownpoint teachers, but hide the fact that Edwards too was a teacher?
curious

Farmington, NM

#4 Jul 12, 2010
Any convictions come about on this yet? Where does Edwards stand? Grand Jury indict him?
sickens me

Eureka, CA

#5 Apr 20, 2011
curious wrote:
Any convictions come about on this yet? Where does Edwards stand? Grand Jury indict him?
What has happened with this, it has been almost a year, I've heard rumors of grand jury trials but do not know?
jojo

Maywood, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2011
Go after the alcohol companies for their poison.
missy

Vanderwagen, NM

#7 Jan 19, 2012
sickens me wrote:
<quoted text>
What has happened with this, it has been almost a year, I've heard rumors of grand jury trials but do not know?
Missy eric is on 3 years of supervised probabtion and 100 hours of community service
rezbah

Tucson, AZ

#8 Feb 19, 2012
Alcohol companies are responsible for this.
leaping jack rabbit

Marathon, WI

#9 Apr 22, 2012
if i was a senator,i would introduce a bill,that u had to be 99 years old to buy alcohol.
sad

United States

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Does anyone knows what happen to Cinthia lara??
BitchIMGUMBY

Tuba City, AZ

#11 Jul 26, 2012
Kim wrote:
What a tragic loss. From what I understand the child that lost his life had great potential. My condolences to the family of a beautiful life ended. It is believed that adults were present at the get-together entitled the "Bluewater Bash", those adults should be held responsible for allowing underage drinking to occur. I ask "where did the young boy get the alcohol from?" "Who purchased it?" Was the loss the result of Crownpoint's Senior Proms Cancellation?
That kid punched me in the face once. I'm a girl. I saw him earlier that day and he told me about his plans to be there at that party. He was with his cousins who were also troublemakers. He shouldn't have drank so much YES. He shouldnt have been drinking in the first place if he was such a good kid he wouldn't be there. But he was. And he did. And he died.
I know the guy who put the party together - good kid! always did his homework. He just wanted to have 'one last bash before we all go away' now, he MIGHT go to prison all because of ONE kid. he shouldnt have been there anyway it was a seniors only party.
You people really shouldnt have commented, because you dont know the half of it. Next time think twice before voicing your opinion thatdoesnt matter anyway.
"Oh your comment was so sweet." <<-- reply you expect
"Bitch Please! Get a life, stop judging other peoples" <<-- reality

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saucequatch Jun '17 Squatch is my friend 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
News 'New Mexico style' chip battles with original (Mar '09) Apr '17 Joe 19
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... Apr '17 Biggie63 2
News Search continues for missing man (Apr '08) Mar '17 Paul 6
A girl named Anna (Dec '16) Dec '16 Lizzy 1
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Oct '16 Suzanna 45

Grants Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grants Mortgages