Fort Stanton cemetery draws attention from state - Ruidoso News

Full story: Ruidoso News

With burials now very restricted at Fort Stanton, state and local officials looked at ideas during a meeting Tuesday facilitated by U.S. Rep.-elect Steve Pearce .
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2012
Sue McCreary Griggs

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

I lived at Fort Stanton, NM from 1954 through 1962. My mother was a RN & for most of the period from 1954 to 1966 she was the chief nurse at the TB hospital which housed apaches, navahoes & others as patients. The cemetery was an amazing thing and should be preserved as completely as possible as everything else at the Fort. I just wish as a child I had appreciated what an historic place I called home!
Joe LaMacchia

East Bridgewater, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Sue McCreary Griggs wrote:
I lived at Fort Stanton, NM from 1954 through 1962. My mother was a RN & for most of the period from 1954 to 1966 she was the chief nurse at the TB hospital which housed apaches, navahoes & others as patients. The cemetery was an amazing thing and should be preserved as completely as possible as everything else at the Fort. I just wish as a child I had appreciated what an historic place I called home!
I Remember you and your mom very fondly. I was in the Air Force and was invited to your home for thanksgiving as a young man away from home. I deeply appreciated the kindness and remember it to this day.

Thank you again.

Joe
jflamacchia@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grants Discussions

Search the Grants Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
State attorney general warns of timeshare scam (Apr '10) Jun 28 Mikasa Lin 4
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun 26 indian 23
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach Jun '14 benjamin Edward goessling 1
NM Title case: Arrest warrant issued for Bobby ... (Aug '12) May '14 Native B o r n 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
VA Hospital adds on $30 million in construction (Nov '13) Nov '13 Daryl 3
Review: La Bella Vita Italian Eatery (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mike 1
•••
•••
•••
Grants Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grants Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000