Spaceport America officials push lega...

Spaceport America officials push legal immunity bill

There are 10 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Spaceport America officials push legal immunity bill. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Spaceport America officials made a renewed pitch here Monday for a bill to grant legal immunity to manufacturers of spaceflight parts, in the case of a crash or other problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Yeah, sure... legal immunity so that the families of the first billionaires to die from a Virgin Galactic "accident," won't be able to bankrupt Sir Richard Branson in the court room. What a joke!
GAMECZARWINN

AOL

#2 Aug 28, 2012
richard branson, started with 50% owner and the last rumor was he only owns 13%.

Since: Oct 08

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Aug 28, 2012
Yep so now the big scare is that we can't only
have one occupant of the Spaceport.

So lets just toss bad money after bad money.

This is the just the tip of the Richardson
debacle that he foisted on the State and
the tri counties.
Kosher Frank

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Sep 13, 2012
I didnt realize that virgin galactic was recruiting former employees from the mexican space program aka "MASA".

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Kosher Frank wrote:
I didnt realize that virgin galactic was recruiting former employees from the mexican space program aka "MASA".
Frank, please don't try to be funny! These ex-MASA employees would have to have been in the U.S. for at least 8 years, or have a valid Green Card in order to qualify for immunity under this proposed legislation.

Other state like California, Texas, and Florida have found great value in the use of these types of workers, as most Americans refuse to participate in the testing of unproven sub-orbital craft... especially after that whole crazy Columbia thing.

We should really embrace the adversity of economics that forces highly-qualified, motivated Mexicans to seek out this type of immunity. You know, it's practical policies like this one that will keep America strong... and put EVEN more money in the pockets of Sir Richard Branson.
just saying

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Sep 14, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
...
Other state like California, Texas, and Florida have found great value in the use of these types of workers, as most Americans refuse to participate in the testing of unproven sub-orbital craft... especially after that whole crazy Columbia thing.

We should really embrace the adversity of economics that forces highly-qualified, motivated Mexicans to seek out this type of immunity. You know, it's practical policies like this one that will keep America strong... and put EVEN more money in the pockets of Sir Richard Branson.
Sure, there's "great value in the use of these types of workers" - they cost less than the equivalent U. S. employee and manufacturing. And then people wonder why the U. S. unemployment rate stays officially well above 8%, and is in the range of 12+% counting those who have stopped looking or are underemployed (e. g., bagging groceries after getting engineering degrees, like myself).

The people who like to employ "highly-qualified, motivated Mexicans" are the ones whose jobs haven't been "outsourced" or "right sized" yet for cost reasons.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 14, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there's "great value in the use of these types of workers" - they cost less than the equivalent U. S. employee and manufacturing. And then people wonder why the U. S. unemployment rate stays officially well above 8%, and is in the range of 12+% counting those who have stopped looking or are underemployed (e. g., bagging groceries after getting engineering degrees, like myself).
The people who like to employ "highly-qualified, motivated Mexicans" are the ones whose jobs haven't been "outsourced" or "right sized" yet for cost reasons.
just saying, I'll bet you two things:

1. You never read the original article- which had NOTHING at all to do with guest workers.

2. You are not aware that the word "gullible" is NOT in the dictionary.

2.
Rooby Roo

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#8 Sep 17, 2012
MASA...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
just saying

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Sep 21, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
just saying, I'll bet you two things:
1. You never read the original article- which had NOTHING at all to do with guest workers.
2. You are not aware that the word "gullible" is NOT in the dictionary.
2.
1) Sure I read the original aritcle - but apparently I need your permission to make a comment on somebody else's comment. BTW, I'm not going to ask.

2) You are not aware that that "clueless" in the dictionary. Look it up please, you really do have my permission.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 21, 2012
just saying: It would appear that there is a definite possibility that your previously self-described underemployment, may indeed have some other root cause... for in life, one does not need to obtain anyone's permission in order to laugh.

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I LOVE you, Ms. Cook, USPS Clerk, Grants, New ... Oct '17 You are so beautiful 1
Missing 12 year old girl from Grants! Sep '17 A friend in La 1
Saucequatch Jun '17 Squatch is my friend 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
News 'New Mexico style' chip battles with original (Mar '09) Apr '17 Joe 19
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Biggie63 2
News Search continues for missing man (Apr '08) Mar '17 Paul 6

Grants Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grants Mortgages