New Mexico House passes drug treatmen...

New Mexico House passes drug treatment measure

There are 28 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Feb 24, 2010, titled New Mexico House passes drug treatment measure. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

People facing drug possession charges in New Mexico would have the option of treatment rather than jail time under a measure that narrowly passed the House on Tuesday, two days after lawmakers resurrected the failed measure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

nmweatherman

“l'enfer, c'est les autres”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 24, 2010
The move to treatment instead of time in crowded lock-ups is OK I guess, but treatment doesn't work. Dopers have unresolved psychological issues that are very hard to "treat". Many treatment centers and half-way houses are the best places to get drugs and make connections with dealers.

We should beef up our jails and prisons and keep dopers off the streets for as long as possible so they don't infect or harm other people. That's about the best we can do. We live in a drug-addled country.
wc moreland

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 Feb 24, 2010
here is the answer for the soon to be empty fort bayrd medical center. it can be closed off easily and turned into a secured treatment center for adults and juveniles. yucca lodge is the only tratment center in grant couty, but they don't provide detox,and juveniles must be sent out of town at our exspence.

nmweatherman

Location hidden

#3 Feb 24, 2010
Dopers are such a drag. They are a drag on everybody...the police, the courts, their families and total strangers (taxpayers). Maybe we could just shoot their azzes.
Mike8

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 24, 2010
nmweatherman wrote:
Dopers are such a drag. They are a drag on everybody...the police, the courts, their families and total strangers (taxpayers). Maybe we could just shoot their azzes.
Which is it fool, lock them up or kill them? It's funny for someone that has trouble with people being his hell you sure like to mess with those people. Could it be that your hell is yerself?
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 24, 2010
What I hate the most are the drunken christians. These people are the worst of the worst. I dont mind potheads but the drunken jesus lovers make me want to puke. rehab doesn't work for these people. They need to be locked up
test

Lodi, CA

#6 Feb 24, 2010
It is the hypocrites that I too have a problem with.
My Brains Fried

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Feb 24, 2010
Dudes u need 2 stop thinking negative and try a hit of this marajuana it would make u feel good
Recovering Addict

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Feb 24, 2010
I have to say as a Recovering Addict for over 3 years now I understand how hard it is to stop. Manditory time in Treatment Centers is the way to go. Going to jail in the past only made me want smoke more. Now that I'm clean I can now feel welcome by our society.
Smoking and Joking

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Feb 24, 2010
My Brains Fried wrote:
Dudes u need 2 stop thinking negative and try a hit of this marajuana it would make u feel good
This is a fine example of our education system graduate. "Dude" treatment cost way more than jail time and in jail you can make them work. Treatment Programs in this State is like public education. You drop more and more tax payer money into a program that creates nothing more than teachers, counselors, case-managers and other like professions rolling in a pay check. What do we get in return? High school graduates like this fool who can't read, write or do math. Yet they have time to smoke dope, do and crack but can hold a job then shake their heads during recovery programs only to be arrested within six months of successfully completing these programs. Some return on the tax payers’ wallet. Oh let’s not forget those individuals who are addicted like this "Dude" that steal, rob and beat us for their habits.

Hmmm may be we should drop a few billion dollars on those addiction recovery programs and we can be more like the education system and put out more failures at tax payers expense. Great recovery and education system, now puff on that "Dude".

nmweatherman

Location hidden

#10 Feb 25, 2010
Looks like the dopers and gray trolls are taking over this thread.

C-ya.
who knows

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2010
what are dopers nmweatherman. you can tell you were a loser in school. come on, not everyone who does drungs should be shoot, i am pretty sure your mom or dad smoked dope aka weed for those too old or dumb to just call it by it name.
professor nightmare

Barberton, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2010
treatment only works if they want it court order is a joke i have 19 allmost 20 years continuos sobriety and have worked in the field.it can dbe depressing.all my sober buddie's who decided to be counslers relapsed b/c of the depresing nature of the work.jail first then treatment might take
My Brains Fried

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Feb 25, 2010
Smoking and Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a fine example of our education system graduate. "Dude" treatment cost way more than jail time and in jail you can make them work. Treatment Programs in this State is like public education. You drop more and more tax payer money into a program that creates nothing more than teachers, counselors, case-managers and other like professions rolling in a pay check. What do we get in return? High school graduates like this fool who can't read, write or do math. Yet they have time to smoke dope, do and crack but can hold a job then shake their heads during recovery programs only to be arrested within six months of successfully completing these programs. Some return on the tax payers’ wallet. Oh let’s not forget those individuals who are addicted like this "Dude" that steal, rob and beat us for their habits.
Hmmm may be we should drop a few billion dollars on those addiction recovery programs and we can be more like the education system and put out more failures at tax payers expense. Great recovery and education system, now puff on that "Dude".
Dude they will legalaze pot because medicle marajuania!

Phil the machinist

“Hello De La Muerta”

Since: Dec 08

Die Die Die Die Kitty

#15 Feb 25, 2010
nmweatherman wrote:
What is the only profession where you can be wrong half the time and still keep your job?

NM Weatherman.
tom

AOL

#16 Feb 27, 2010
stop the WAR ! we have been fighting the government war on drugs ever since the Government attacked Coke-cola . It is a war that cannot be won. let people live there lives as they wish to. We don't need big brother to intervine. BUT,keep the eye for an eye law. Get over it!
Flower Child

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Feb 27, 2010
tom wrote:
stop the WAR ! we have been fighting the government war on drugs ever since the Government attacked Coke-cola . It is a war that cannot be won. let people live there lives as they wish to. We don't need big brother to intervine. BUT,keep the eye for an eye law. Get over it!
I still get high off of Coke-cola. A half a can gives me lots of energy, that is why I stay away from Coke-cola. I think Jail Time then mandatory treatment is the way to go
Silver Sally

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2010
The young man in Albuquerque who beat his grandmother to death with a concrete filled pipe this week, what drug was he on?
fix new mexico

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 Feb 27, 2010
Hmmmm - wonder if we didn't pay our taxes, if we could just get treatment? Nope - I'm sure of it, they'd take our homes and put us in jail!!! This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. We're in a recession, the state has a budget shortfall, and they're worried about Drug Treatment... Instead of raising everyone's taxes, raising gross receipts tax and instituting a grocery tax - why don't you CUT Drug Treatment for now, until the budget can support it, without punishing all of us NOT on drugs? Oops - that would involve common sense, honesty, carin about the tax payers and fairness - none of which apparently any one of them posses! Hope and change we can believe in - Hope everyone remembers come election time...
fix new mexico

Rio Rancho, NM

#20 Feb 27, 2010
Smoking and Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, we live in New Mexico - they don't make prisoners work here! They eat bologna sandwiches, with and apple or an orange, and a carton of milk 3 times a day, they sit around and watch cable TV and smoke cigarettes, and they NEVER work. That's because our government gave them rights somehow? You're right about treament costing more though - there they do the same sitting around and doing nothing with cigarettes and cable TV, but they get Salsbury Steak, Fried Chicken and Desert too, plus you have to pay for Doctors, Nurses and Medical Care on top of everything else...
fix new mexico

Rio Rancho, NM

#21 Feb 27, 2010
At least in prison they do get some form of exercise - they have to run around trying to keep the rest of the inmates from shagging them and boofooing their rear ends - I say a small price to pay for all the damage they've done and the money they cost us...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'New Mexico style' chip battles with original (Mar '09) Apr 19 Joe 19
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... Apr 11 Biggie63 2
News Search continues for missing man (Apr '08) Mar '17 Paul 6
A girl named Anna Dec '16 Lizzy 1
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Oct '16 Suzanna 45
Diener (Oct '16) Oct '16 Sun Dai 1
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally (Aug '16) Sep '16 Prosperity Fundie... 12

Grants Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grants Mortgages