3rd graders short on reading skills m...

3rd graders short on reading skills may be held back

There are 24 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Mar 2, 2011, titled 3rd graders short on reading skills may be held back. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

The state would force about 4,000 students a year to repeat the third grade, under a bill approved Tuesday by the House of Representatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Again

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#21 Mar 10, 2011
soccer rocks wrote:
well im in the 7th grade and we have home work ever days and ever weak. mostly in mr.zac swoboda. we gives us vocab. on mondays, worksheets on tuesday and thursday,test on thursdays,and AR and fridays-we also do a agenda check.
ITS SYUPID WE LEARN READING IT NOT YOU FAILING US BY OUR GRADES ON THE WORKSHEET!!!!!!!!
Maybe you need to do a lot more homework if you have an English class. Glad to see you're at least still in school though.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#22 Mar 11, 2011
soccer rocks wrote:
well im in the 7th grade and we have home work ever days and ever weak. mostly in mr.zac swoboda. we gives us vocab. on mondays, worksheets on tuesday and thursday,test on thursdays,and AR and fridays-we also do a agenda check.
ITS SYUPID WE LEARN READING IT NOT YOU FAILING US BY OUR GRADES ON THE WORKSHEET!!!!!!!!
If you made it to the seventh grade with sentence composition like that,you're a product of 'No child left behind".
back to basics

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Mar 11, 2011
soccer rocks wrote:
What??????? I'd be ashamed if my spelling and sentence structure was this bad when I was in 7th grade. I think too many worksheets and not enough essay questions is the problem.
sad

Columbus, NM

#24 Mar 12, 2011
soccer rocks wrote:
Obviously, some need held back, and not only for reading. Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pilots, ground crews gear up for fire season in... Apr 7 ANN MARIE 1
Saucequatch (Jun '17) Feb '18 Wildboy 3
I LOVE you, Ms. Cook, USPS Clerk, Grants, New ... (Oct '17) Oct '17 You are so beautiful 1
Missing 12 year old girl from Grants! (Sep '17) Sep '17 A friend in La 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
News 'New Mexico style' chip battles with original (Mar '09) Apr '17 Joe 19
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Biggie63 2

Grants Jobs

Personal Finance

Grants Mortgages