Man pleads guilty to 20-year-old murder

Justice arrived Thursday for a Farmington woman 20 years after she was found bound, gagged and dead on her living room floor. Full Story
Mary Lou Kline

AOL

#1 Sep 10, 2010
It is with deep heart felt thanks to the Farmington Police Dept and the DA's office for solving the 21 year old murder of Thelma. My prayer is that Jimmy Lee is truthfully sorry and asks God for forgivness. God will wipe away all tears someday. May Jimmy Lee know that forgiveness. That is my prayer.
Ahab

Saint Michaels, AZ

#2 Sep 10, 2010
The Detectives who reopened the case should be commended and given Officers of the Decade for their unswerving efforts to reopen, complete and close a cold case. The case was obviously abandoned by former law enforcement officers and the DAs.
Rose Bowl

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2010
Put him in charge of the Parade. He may be a killer but at least he is honest!
a friend of Thelma

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Sep 10, 2010
Mary Lou Kline wrote:
It is with deep heart felt thanks to the Farmington Police Dept and the DA's office for solving the 21 year old murder of Thelma. My prayer is that Jimmy Lee is truthfully sorry and asks God for forgivness. God will wipe away all tears someday. May Jimmy Lee know that forgiveness. That is my prayer.
For several years Thelma and I were co-workers at Navajo Missions. We went to Bible study together at Emmanuel Bapist, so we got to know each other pretty well and
I can honestly say that I've never known a kinder, gentler soul. After all these years of wondering who killed her, I'm overjoyed that Jimmy Lee confessed and justice will finally be done.
observer

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Rose Bowl wrote:
Put him in charge of the Parade. He may be a killer but at least he is honest!
How do you know that he's honest? He'd claim anything to get a good deal.
Lee Farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 10, 2010
"Plea agreements" how come victims never get a "Plea Agreements" that the criminals have to live by?
Lee Farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 10, 2010
Given a choice I think most victims would also plea out of a Death This guy gets to plead out of a death sentince his victim wasn't given the same Plea agreement
that should be the compaling factor "Did you give YOUR victim the SAME deal Yea Plea agreement NA no plea agreement and death to you
kjhuh7u

Chaparral, NM

#9 Sep 10, 2010
hey guys
Hang-em-high

AOL

#10 Sep 10, 2010
kjhuh7u wrote:
hey guys
I agree that it dosen't take long for these posts to get out of hand.But having said that I don't think Grants is the right place for this "model prisoner".That's what SantaFe is for.
Eddiehoskeddie

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Sep 10, 2010
Hey guys, when is Hooters coming to town?
bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Sep 11, 2010
Firewater made the Navajo do it. Always have to blame Firewater. He should be sent to Santa Fe. He should'nt have a decision on what prison he does his time. Crazy.
blown away

Farmington, NM

#13 Sep 11, 2010
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that he's honest? He'd claim anything to get a good deal.
do you really think he got a good deal he will die in prison . if thats a good deal id hate to see a bad deal
Mary Lou Kline

AOL

#14 Sep 11, 2010
I would like to make it clear. That the family of Thelma Kline do not want revenge on Jimmy Lee. Our prayer is he will seek the forgiveness of our God. We will forgive but we can never forget only God can totally forget ones wrong doing. Some of us will be in Farmington for the sentencing and to say thank you to the Farmington Police Dept for never giving up. It makes no difference to us where he serves his sentence. If he finds peace at Grant so be it.
Cheryl

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2010
Mary Lou is my aunt and Thelma was my grandmother. I agree with Mary Lou that the family does not want revenge, but we do want justice. I do not believe in the death penalty, so I am happy with the courts decision. I cannot judge him, God must do that. He will know if Jimmy Lee is truly sorry for what he has done and whether he deserves forgiveness. It is hard to forget what happened to her, though. What an awful way to die! He DID NOT have the right to take her life, although I am not sure that he actually meant to. But, the bottom line is that it WAS NOT an accident that she did die. God bless the Farmington Police Dept. and the DA's office for all of their hard work. A big thank you to them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaint prompts investigation at Golden Corra... Aug '14 Horace 6
State attorney general warns of timeshare scam (Apr '10) Aug '14 Tiffany Cox 5
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun '14 indian 23
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach Jun '14 benjamin Edward g... 1
NM Title case: Arrest warrant issued for Bobby ... (Aug '12) May '14 Native B o r n 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
VA Hospital adds on $30 million in construction (Nov '13) Nov '13 Daryl 3
•••
•••
•••

Grants Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Grants People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE