Woman indicted: 26 more counts

Woman indicted: 26 more counts

There are 22 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Apr 10, 2010, titled Woman indicted: 26 more counts. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

The woman who was arrested for her alleged involvement in the 16-hour Lower Cottonwood Canyon Road standoff was indicted on 26 additional charges by an Otero County grand jury on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JMH3

Carrizozo, NM

#1 Apr 11, 2010
15 OCSO officers responded, then they called the Las Cruces SO and SWAT Teams, at the end there were an estimated 100 officers at the scene....hmm.
joe not Joe

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Apr 11, 2010
Just goes to show law enforcement is outa control in the US of A
daydreamer

Grants, NM

#3 Apr 11, 2010
Rather have more law enforcement than not enough
joe not Joe

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Apr 11, 2010
daydreamer wrote:
Rather have more law enforcement than not enough
Yeah they should have sent 200 up there to kill one man.
DOOD

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Apr 11, 2010
JMH3 wrote:
15 OCSO officers responded, then they called the Las Cruces SO and SWAT Teams, at the end there were an estimated 100 officers at the scene....hmm.
Why didn't they call in the National Gaurd?
old school

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Apr 11, 2010
Hey, could you two take it outside????? I'm more concerned about how big the tab is regarding the treatment she's been given ever since they pulled her out by the foot with a robot..... Wanna guess how many tax dollars? Probably lots more than the whole mortgage? Were they ASSets or ASSbytes to the community.
just wondering

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Apr 11, 2010
did it ever say who shot the husband? I do not remember?
hippychic

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Apr 12, 2010
WOW, never ceases to amaze me everytime I read the comments. Why are they all fighting with each other? Makes no sense. I'd be more worried about the amount of Police Officers... that's a little excessive.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Apr 12, 2010
hippychic wrote:
WOW, never ceases to amaze me everytime I read the comments. Why are they all fighting with each other? Makes no sense. I'd be more worried about the amount of Police Officers... that's a little excessive.
Seems like the right amount when someone is heavily armed and barricading themselves inside a home they do NOT own.
At Large

Coldwater, MI

#20 Apr 12, 2010
"I want rockets! Lots of rockets!"
Former Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Apr 13, 2010
Says she was treated for her injuries? What injuries? anyone know?
Says 15 officers went to serve eviction papers..Must have known these people were trouble?
Had they been in trouble with the law before??
Macabee

Ivins, UT

#22 Apr 13, 2010
Former Resident wrote:
Says she was treated for her injuries? What injuries? anyone know?
Says 15 officers went to serve eviction papers..Must have known these people were trouble?
Had they been in trouble with the law before??
Barb can correct me, but my understanding is that they were being evicted because they would not allow people to drive across their land in ATVs. The land bordered BLM land and the eviction notice was a BLM Federal eviction.
Macabee

Ivins, UT

#23 Apr 13, 2010
At Large wrote:
"I want rockets! Lots of rockets!"
Oooooh Pretty
Former Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#24 Apr 14, 2010
Macabee wrote:
<quoted text>
Barb can correct me, but my understanding is that they were being evicted because they would not allow people to drive across their land in ATVs. The land bordered BLM land and the eviction notice was a BLM Federal eviction.
Thanks for the info. Was there a story in the paper about it? I'm curious, how can BLM evict someone from his/her own property? I'd like to know more of the story.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#25 Apr 14, 2010
Former Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info. Was there a story in the paper about it? I'm curious, how can BLM evict someone from his/her own property? I'd like to know more of the story.
They didn't own the home. It was foreclosed on by the bank.
Racquel

Spring Grove, VA

#26 Apr 14, 2010
Macabee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they had. They assaulted some dirt bike people a few years back. They were also fighting their foreclosure since 2005 and were refusing to leave even though they were not legal owners of the house anymore. The neighbors also claimed there were other problems with this couple so I think the cops knew what they might be facing.

What I want to know is why did it take a year to get an indictment? One of the many things Diana promised was speedy trials yet we are constantly seeing delay after delay in almost every case. She spoke in her campaign about justice and saving the taxpayers money by getting cases to trial within the 6 months without filing for extensions. None of this is happening under her leadership. One has to ask is it due to ignorance or just out right lying.

People here want others to care about their Constitutional Rights but they could care less about others. Oh but these people are scum, they are accused criminals and therefore should not have any rights. Yet our Constitution protects these people but we should just disregard that part, wipe our behinds with it because these people are just scum and not worth the protection granted to them by the Constitution. So what, big deal, not a problem. We will just selectively pick and choose what rights we want to honor and what rights we want to disregard. That paper is only valuable when it is your rights being infringed upon, sod anything or anyone else.

Anyone remember this:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didnít speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Yes, crime is bad. What this couple did over a material possession is horrible however like it or not they still had/have rights. We cannot cry when we lose our rights if we selectively choose what rights certain people have. Either the Constitution applies to all or nobody.

8:37am on 4-14-10
Joey not joey

La Luz, NM

#27 Apr 14, 2010
joe not Joe wrote:
Just goes to show law enforcement is outa control in the US of A
Yeah I agree JOE not joe, what were they thinking, in a budget crunch like were in, I think there should have been just one officer go and deal with it. Doing this yes only one officer will be put in danger and just imagine all the money we can save.

Why stop there, get rid of all the dispatchers to and just give that one officer cell phone number out so he or she can receive the call as well as take the call.

Lets fire all the teachers as well, and just have one teach all the kids, and that one teacher can prepare the lunches for all the kids too. JOE youíre amazing, you helped us out of the financial problem thank you.
joe not Joe

Santa Fe, NM

#28 Apr 14, 2010
Joey not joey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I agree JOE not joe, what were they thinking, in a budget crunch like were in, I think there should have been just one officer go and deal with it. Doing this yes only one officer will be put in danger and just imagine all the money we can save.
Why stop there, get rid of all the dispatchers to and just give that one officer cell phone number out so he or she can receive the call as well as take the call.
Lets fire all the teachers as well, and just have one teach all the kids, and that one teacher can prepare the lunches for all the kids too. JOE youíre amazing, you helped us out of the financial problem thank you.
You flatter me.
C Furnari

Albuquerque, NM

#29 Jun 28, 2010
Yep, no remorse. These mortgage companies were not only screwing people hard they were also forcing forclosure on people. "What were these people doing baracading themselves", people ask. What would you do if you had no place else to go and you were losing your house. Yes why did they have to have 200 police overthere if it wasnt Waco. Heres the reason why:
1. So they can install fear through the news and to the neighbors, so desperate good people will rather shoot or hang themselves rather than having an unsecessful stand off.By example
2. So when that time comes when the US Federal government turns loose its troops on US soil followed by the UN and NATO troops, none of the citizens will fight back. Stuff like this has been contrived to work this way so Law Enforcement gets plenty of practice when the time comes to really Enforce everyone.
People here root for the Police forces when turing a blind eye to the fine print. Someone could of peacefully negotiated with these people not installed fear and desteration through the use of forcefull tactics. The government does not care about us at all. Look at the hurricane Katrina incident. Look at the recent oil spill, which is at once again, Louisianna. For some reason "they" are really trying to free this place up. Nobody wants to assume responsibility, BP or the Feds.
Look at Chicago, they are trying to ban firearms, what happened to "The right to bare arms?" Why do you think the media, laws and movies lean twards and embrace divorced people and single moms? So they can employ more men with little or no family who thus dont know what family values are to become military oriented police who will not "feel" sorrow for these so called criminals who are deperate and scared for the well being of there loved ones.
Our freedoms and liberties are getting taken away from us for the sake of fighting terrorism, and thats what shallow minded people think, but in reality there really is no terrorism, its only made to look like that. People need to open their eyes and not be so closed minded, your neighboor is not your enemy, but they want you to think they are.
People need to snap before its too late. Before you are being told what to do everyday and be under constant servailence with cameras in your house (you already have stuff like that in some of your fancy cars: GPS, Onstarr)and told "its for YOUR saftey". Before you cant do anything without breaking a law.
Do yourselves a favor, step outside the box and look in, its a whole new world.
And by the way your votes dont count, the future presidents are groomed from the beginning.
joe not Joe

Santa Fe, NM

#30 Jun 28, 2010
C Furnari wrote:
Yep, no remorse. These mortgage companies were not only screwing people hard they were also forcing forclosure on people. "What were these people doing baracading themselves", people ask. What would you do if you had no place else to go and you were losing your house. Yes why did they have to have 200 police overthere if it wasnt Waco. Heres the reason why:
1. So they can install fear through the news and to the neighbors, so desperate good people will rather shoot or hang themselves rather than having an unsecessful stand off.By example
2. So when that time comes when the US Federal government turns loose its troops on US soil followed by the UN and NATO troops, none of the citizens will fight back. Stuff like this has been contrived to work this way so Law Enforcement gets plenty of practice when the time comes to really Enforce everyone.
People here root for the Police forces when turing a blind eye to the fine print. Someone could of peacefully negotiated with these people not installed fear and desteration through the use of forcefull tactics. The government does not care about us at all. Look at the hurricane Katrina incident. Look at the recent oil spill, which is at once again, Louisianna. For some reason "they" are really trying to free this place up. Nobody wants to assume responsibility, BP or the Feds.
Look at Chicago, they are trying to ban firearms, what happened to "The right to bare arms?" Why do you think the media, laws and movies lean twards and embrace divorced people and single moms? So they can employ more men with little or no family who thus dont know what family values are to become military oriented police who will not "feel" sorrow for these so called criminals who are deperate and scared for the well being of there loved ones.
Our freedoms and liberties are getting taken away from us for the sake of fighting terrorism, and thats what shallow minded people think, but in reality there really is no terrorism, its only made to look like that. People need to open their eyes and not be so closed minded, your neighboor is not your enemy, but they want you to think they are.
People need to snap before its too late. Before you are being told what to do everyday and be under constant servailence with cameras in your house (you already have stuff like that in some of your fancy cars: GPS, Onstarr)and told "its for YOUR saftey". Before you cant do anything without breaking a law.
Do yourselves a favor, step outside the box and look in, its a whole new world.
And by the way your votes dont count, the future presidents are groomed from the beginning.
Actually it's 10 times worse than yu stated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grants Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saucequatch (Jun '17) Feb 6 Wildboy 3
I LOVE you, Ms. Cook, USPS Clerk, Grants, New ... Oct '17 You are so beautiful 1
Missing 12 year old girl from Grants! Sep '17 A friend in La 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
News 'New Mexico style' chip battles with original (Mar '09) Apr '17 Joe 19
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Biggie63 2
News Search continues for missing man (Apr '08) Mar '17 Paul 6

Grants Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grants Mortgages