Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109487 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Newsday reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#42529 Feb 27, 2010
Pope John wrote:
<quoted text>
Created 22 million new jobs, never started a war, left a record surplus. I realize those on the RIGHT would love to forget about te origin of our current dilemma but it is inescapable we are where we are because of eight years of lies neglect and dictator rule.
You want to forget eight years , yet apply all the blame on one year of Obama, sorry don't pass the smell test. If after 4 years or hopefully 8 we are worse off than now then I will blame Obama and his adm. The war in Iraq set us back 2 trillion and still going, I don't care who voted for it, it was fabricated and the mood of the country after 911 was such that most were caught up in patriotism. The facts are it had absolutly nothing to do with Iraq.
It served no purpose and even the Iraqis were better off, besides lets worry about our own country and let others do the same. We are finally in the right war and hunting down our real enemies, GO OBAMA.
Now now billy08
You are making things up now. He created 22million jobs? Yeah where did you get that info from?
He may never had started a war. But in his own words " if I am elected I will bring our troops home. How many more has he sent?
Now they voted for funding the war by how much more? This is your guys.
How much has ozero raised the deficit? After he said he would lower it! His words once again.
Now what about the spending limit? It was raised once in the last 13 months and is being looked at to raise it once again. Something that he also claimed he wouldn't do.
Now school district after school district, teachers are losing their jobs.
San Diego CA recently mentioned, they are going to lay off another 40+ officers. Yet your so called savior. Claimed "I managed to save all police officers jobs". Hmmm wonder where he gets his info?
See where I am going with this? Come on billy08 you can do better than that now!
Come on huckleberry
So tell me smart guy what has he really done?
fungolips

AOL

#42530 Feb 27, 2010
I can see no good ,coming out of this obama mess ,... lets hope this is the end of liberalism ,.... one last marxist -believing in out dated,.. left wing programs ,......obamas biggest problem?-- he actually believes all that liberal garbage the lefty's pushed down our throats back in school !
Pope John

Downey, CA

#42531 Feb 27, 2010
Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now billy08
You are making things up now. He created 22million jobs? Yeah where did you get that info from?
He may never had started a war. But in his own words " if I am elected I will bring our troops home. How many more has he sent?
Now they voted for funding the war by how much more? This is your guys.
How much has ozero raised the deficit? After he said he would lower it! His words once again.
Now what about the spending limit? It was raised once in the last 13 months and is being looked at to raise it once again. Something that he also claimed he wouldn't do.
Now school district after school district, teachers are losing their jobs.
San Diego CA recently mentioned, they are going to lay off another 40+ officers. Yet your so called savior. Claimed "I managed to save all police officers jobs". Hmmm wonder where he gets his info?
See where I am going with this? Come on billy08 you can do better than that now!
Come on huckleberry
So tell me smart guy what has he really done?
So let me get this straight, in one year Obama has created all this mess? He has done more in his one year than your Bush God did in 8, at least he is trying to get us out of the mess you handed him, I always feel as though i'm talking to an invalid, all the while knowing that nothing will be absorbed when talking to the right.

Even you can't possible believe that. I am not who ever in the hell you claim, so continue on making a fool of yourself with your paranoia. You ask I gave, once again proving the uselessness of even discussing any political matter with a RIGHTIE. If it's helpful you only have 7 more years to suffer. ENJOY

Location hidden

#42532 Feb 27, 2010
Pope John wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight, in one year Obama has created all this mess? He has done more in his one year than your Bush God did in 8, at least he is trying to get us out of the mess you handed him, I always feel as though i'm talking to an invalid, all the while knowing that nothing will be absorbed when talking to the right.
Even you can't possible believe that. I am not who ever in the hell you claim, so continue on making a fool of yourself with your paranoia. You ask I gave, once again proving the uselessness of even discussing any political matter with a RIGHTIE. If it's helpful you only have 7 more years to suffer. ENJOY
Man you really are a fool. Sad sad sad!
Lets travel back to what was the cause of all the mess!
Clinton deregulated wall street. That caused them to do whatever. Clinton also set new guidelines to fannie may and freddie mac. Or have you forgotten? Now they were instructed to make loans more affordable for those who typically would never be able to. Look at end result! Mortgage meltdown. Wall street collapse.All due to a democrat.
Only real negative thing Bush did? Went to war in Iraq. Yet in all that was spent in all 8 YEARS is nothing in comparison to ozero's spending on everything in 1 year!
Now skippy provide facts will ya! Opinion means squat

Location hidden

#42533 Feb 27, 2010
Pope John wrote:
<quoted text>
I also forgot to mention where you get the idea ozero will win next election? His approval ratings is what now? 47% Yeah not very impressive and not very promising for him to win.
Maybe you should do some fact checking and learn who pushed what bills. Who created what mess before you keep opening up your big mouth.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#42534 Feb 27, 2010
Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton deregulated wall street. That caused them to do whatever. Clinton also set new guidelines to fannie may and freddie mac. Or have you forgotten? Now they were instructed to make loans more affordable for those who typically would never be able to. Look at end result! Mortgage meltdown. Wall street collapse.All due to a democrat.
Only real negative thing Bush did? Went to war in Iraq. Yet in all that was spent in all 8 YEARS is nothing in comparison to ozero's spending on everything in 1 year!
They're all to blame, so intelligent-liberals. com says the American people should stop sending any money to either political party or candidates, and vote for qualified independents, etc.
As far as what Bush did - it was eight years of TREASON - that's how bad it was. Republicans show how unbelievably stupid they are when they can't even comprehend that.
Pope John

Downey, CA

#42535 Feb 27, 2010
Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
I also forgot to mention where you get the idea ozero will win next election? His approval ratings is what now? 47% Yeah not very impressive and not very promising for him to win.
Maybe you should do some fact checking and learn who pushed what bills. Who created what mess before you keep opening up your big mouth.
Well since you always presents your self as such a gentleman as do so many on the RIGHT I think perhaps a shot in the ass each morning would be helpful. And what pray tell if all that Clinton did was so bad you and your dictators had presidency for eight years complete control for six years, what happened...DUH. What did you do about abortions? the list is long and stupid for the "PUGS". Now after one year with the entire worlds mess dropped on his lap you expect a miracle, the hypocrisy is staggering. The blindness ever worse.

Obama has not pleased me on a few things, but i'm willing to give him at least a fair chance. Your bunch are consumed with the chicken little theory "The sky is falling, The sky is falling. By the way Reagans poll numbers were also low, I betting that in three years things will be much better and new rules and laws will be in place that will make us a better nation, and the only ones that will be mad and sad are the pathetic 30% that would vote for Satin if he were a Republican. Matter of fact they came real close with Cheney.
fungolips

AOL

#42536 Feb 27, 2010
Pope John wrote:
<quoted text>
give me OLE "DUMB" bush back any day of the week - do you know what was BUSHs highest unemployment rate ?--it was 4.8%--------- obamas will reach over 25 % by the end of the year ,...TELL ME just what has obama DONE RIGHT ?=== we can never pay off his deficit --our nation is in dire straits --and the demo fools worry about global warming and free health care ?
Libral deadbeat

Manchester, NH

#42537 Feb 27, 2010
fungolips wrote:
<quoted text>give me OLE "DUMB" bush back any day of the week - do you know ,...TELL ME just what has obama DONE RIGHT ??
well uh Obama uh he,, he dresses real nice
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#42538 Feb 27, 2010
Pope John wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you always presents your self as such a gentleman as do so many on the RIGHT I think perhaps a shot in the ass each morning would be helpful. And what pray tell if all that Clinton did was so bad you and your dictators had presidency for eight years complete control for six years, what happened...DUH. What did you do about abortions? the list is long and stupid for the "PUGS". Now after one year with the entire worlds mess dropped on his lap you expect a miracle, the hypocrisy is staggering. The blindness ever worse.
Obama has not pleased me on a few things, but i'm willing to give him at least a fair chance. Your bunch are consumed with the chicken little theory "The sky is falling, The sky is falling. By the way Reagans poll numbers were also low, I betting that in three years things will be much better and new rules and laws will be in place that will make us a better nation, and the only ones that will be mad and sad are the pathetic 30% that would vote for Satin if he were a Republican. Matter of fact they came real close with Cheney.
RIGHT, PUGS, Reagan, Cheney... Got HATE?

This is why one can't expect a dialog on issues with you. You have obviously been lurking around for five months on this thread using different names doing your silly ad hominem attacks.

Who will you be posting as next time around Pope John? Mother Teresa?

The "entire worlds mess dropped on his lap"? Really? Do we have the propencity to exaggerate a little or is that what you've been hearing so you simply repeat it exposing yourself as a follower with a weak, angry mind (yup!)?

That's your number. Which loon are you anyways? You claim your not 2008Bill but Pope wasn't around when CVKathy was. You can't be a lady because you act like a pre-teenage angry boy, not that CVKathy was one. I bet I can figure out which loon you are, but why don't you get it off your chest and tell us. You might be proud to admit who you are hiding from. Try it. I promise I won't laugh at you.
Pope John

Downey, CA

#42539 Feb 27, 2010
fungolips wrote:
<quoted text>give me OLE "DUMB" bush back any day of the week - do you know what was BUSHs highest unemployment rate ?--it was 4.8%--------- obamas will reach over 25 % by the end of the year ,...TELL ME just what has obama DONE RIGHT ?=== we can never pay off his deficit --our nation is in dire straits --and the demo fools worry about global warming and free health care ?
You just might want to pay a little more attention to detail. First when Bush left office we were around 9% unemployment, you do of course realize this is his mess, we wiil never see 25% that is just plain dumb. Most of our debt you can attribute to the Bush adm. Your simplistic knowledge would indicate that you are in dire need of changing your channel.

One shot One Kill

“FOR A NEW MARXIST AMERICA”

Since: Apr 09

ENOCHS FIRE

#42540 Feb 27, 2010
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all to blame, so intelligent-liberals. com says the American people should stop sending any money to either political party or candidates, and vote for qualified independents, etc.
As far as what Bush did - it was eight years of TREASON - that's how bad it was. Republicans show how unbelievably stupid they are when they can't even comprehend that.
I was very unhappy with Bush and his seeming to have lost his veto pen, Thus helping you Progressives destroy our economy.

YOU however have no clue what treason is. if you did, you would be looking at your own party and not Bush.
Let me help you out on that one, since Obozo IS in fact a Treasonous sonofabitch.

This word imports a betraying, treachery, or breach of allegiance.

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#42541 Feb 27, 2010
Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for being factual Bill S. I recall that of Clinton and worse yet, it was the Democrats that are vastly rersponsible for the lending mess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Reinve...

The reason we have this mess the ignorant liberals blame Bush for is in fact,

something the liberals pushed since the 1970s.

I recall Bush trying to tighten the reigns in 1995 or so but the Democrats protested loudly and Bush failed, nonetheless it was a liberal policy (Bush was not really a true conservative, neither was his Dad).

The Democrat Community Reinvestment Act and liberals have a huge amount of culpability, yet the loons don't know this. MSNBC and the Huf Po don't tell them to repeat it.

The stupidest phrase on the street today is "Obama inherited this from Bush". Anyone that says that is a poster boy for ignorance.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#42542 Feb 27, 2010
This is a good answer to RJF Dupage's question about what Obama has accomplished.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99945/saturday-nigh...

SNL Skit about Obama accomplishments. Youtube now only has the CNN version. Hulu still has it though. Just ignore the commercial in the beginning where Pope/2008Bill is using disguises.
fungolips

AOL

#42543 Feb 27, 2010
first they blame bush,...now they blame the GOP obstruionists in congress --when they control the whole show -- they are good at fooling the sheep ,....but smart people see the truth ,.....

Since: Nov 08

Salt Lake City, UT

#42544 Feb 27, 2010
...Obama has not pleased me on a few things, but i'm willing to give him at least a fair chance. Your bunch are consumed with the chicken little theory "The sky is falling, The sky is falling. By the way Reagans poll numbers were also low,...
Now.. who do I recall was obsessed with giving Obozo a chance and with Reagan's poll numbers? Any guesses?
Pope John

Downey, CA

#42545 Feb 27, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT, PUGS, Reagan, Cheney... Got HATE?
This is why one can't expect a dialog on issues with you. You have obviously been lurking around for five months on this thread using different names doing your silly ad hominem attacks.
Who will you be posting as next time around Pope John? Mother Teresa?
The "entire worlds mess dropped on his lap"? Really? Do we have the propencity to exaggerate a little or is that what you've been hearing so you simply repeat it exposing yourself as a follower with a weak, angry mind (yup!)?
That's your number. Which loon are you anyways? You claim your not 2008Bill but Pope wasn't around when CVKathy was. You can't be a lady because you act like a pre-teenage angry boy, not that CVKathy was one. I bet I can figure out which loon you are, but why don't you get it off your chest and tell us. You might be proud to admit who you are hiding from. Try it. I promise I won't laugh at you.
You poor misguided out of touch fanatical rightie, who never answers any questions only has sarcastic and unintelligible comments that defeats and casts a shadow on the very party that you are defending. People like you are the best advertising that Obama can get, mean hateful and with out doubt a stone bigot.

I really don't care who you think I am, but why in the hell would anyone pretend to be someone else, what difference would it make and what advantage would that give them, Nostril man you truely are a paranoid fungus with few if any active brain cells. I don't hate anyone the haters are all on your side, you are a social ingrate and totally unworthy of conversing with, the water is far to shallow. So bug off Nostrildumbass.
fungolips

AOL

#42546 Feb 27, 2010
mentally unstable loner sitting under a bare light bulb in a dank basement, slamming his fingers on the keys as he pronounces each word as he types, spittle spewing from his snarled lips. Pausing long enough to take a swallow from his Natural light and smile at his clever words, broken, blackened teeth barely visable beneath his unkempt facial hair...
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#42547 Feb 27, 2010
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
Obozo is a liar, he continues to lie again and again, even as he supports the axis of evil consisting of the greedy union hacks, the parasite lawyers and the corrupt politicians.
I have never felt so negatively about a president before, but I am despise liars, and as a result I despise Obozo.
But I do feel that Obozo will bring about hope and change, and it will be the hope that comes with the change back to conservative ideals that will be cemented with a landslide republican win in November, thanks to the incompetence and lies of Obozo the clown.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/anthony-kang/201...
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mitchell-blatt/2...
I hope it is change for the better and the repubs have learned a lesson.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#42548 Feb 27, 2010
Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if GM will sell more cars now. Even if they make crap if it is the only crap available people will have little choice but to buy from Government Motors soon.
This happened in Russia.

Russia took over the auto business. Their citizens bought cars only to have them break down within a short time, read below:

Mad About Bailouts? Be Glad Youíre Not in Russia
And you thought the U.S. auto industry was dysfunctional.

Try living with the Russian governmentís bailout of its auto industry ó specifically the Avtovaz factory that produces the Lada. The Lada is a boxy clunker that didnít get airbags until 2005, yet the Russian government is pumping hundreds of millions of dollars in loans to the company, in addition to commitments to help the company raise several billion dollars from private banks to keep the factory open and running.

Forget about retooling or producing more efficient vehicles, because the loans come with no strings attached. Whatís more, the Avtovaz factory is the most inefficient producer of cars in the world, averaging eight per year per worker (as compared to 36 per year for a GM worker in Kentucky, for example).

The Russian government keeps the factory in business basically just to keep the peace; through direct employment and its supplier lines, Avtovaz supports 2 million jobs.

Meanwhile, the demand for cars in Russia has fallen off a cliff. Car sales are projected to fall by as much as 50%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you know they plan to "close" three mile is... Feb 18 Night Crawler 2
News Coroner called to shooting in York Feb 13 Unreal 1
News Funding cuts mean shorter hours, fewer books ata Feb 11 Unreal 1
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Feb 8 Stoner 548
News Three arrested in Springettsbury nightclub melee (Jan '10) Jan 28 Dereck mason 169
News Merged York Area United Fire and Rescue departm... (May '11) May '11 Haaaa 7
News Local agencies present parents with tips to fig... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Tex 5

Grantley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantley Mortgages