Learn how to make a vessel for Cardbo...

Learn how to make a vessel for Cardboard Boat Race

There are 29 comments on the Nashua Telegraph story from Jul 23, 2006, titled Learn how to make a vessel for Cardboard Boat Race. In it, Nashua Telegraph reports that:

Anyone interested in learning how to make "seaworthy" and/or "seeworthy" boats to enter in the 11th annual Merrimack Public Library Cardboard Boat Festival should plan to attend Cardboard Boat Information Night ...

( via Nashua Telegraph  )

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashua Telegraph.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
holla for a dolla

Sorento, IL

#1 Apr 12, 2007
ok listen up,, i need some help.. at school we are going on a field trip in which we have to make a cardboard boat which is suppose to hold four people . the only things we are provided with are the following : cardboard, duck tape, a yard stick, and masking tape, nothing more and nothing less.. please send me some info.. thank you
Amanda needs help

Sorento, IL

#2 Apr 12, 2007
Hi I currently attend a High School in which we are going to take a field trip to make cardboard boats. As a group we are going to be given cardboard, masking tape and a yard stick. This boat in which is to be built is to hold up to four people.. Thank You for all your help..
Amanda
Hyun Sol

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 May 7, 2007
Hi i need some help now please.
At school we are going to make a cardboard boat and have a race. can you please tell me how to
make a strong one?
THANK YOU!!

/
Jaimee

Brisbane, Australia

#6 Jun 3, 2007
we need to make a boat in class for a project and i chose a boat. please give me instructions on how to make a simple boat
Jaimee

Brisbane, Australia

#7 Jun 3, 2007
Hyun Sol wrote:
Hi i need some help now please.
At school we are going to make a cardboard boat and have a race. can you please tell me how to
make a strong one?
THANK YOU!!
/
if you typein google how to make a cardboard boat it tells you and its really quite easy.
hut face

Miners Rest, Australia

#8 Jun 12, 2007
dose this site actually tell u how to make one?????
mad person

Canada

#9 Jun 16, 2007
people tell us how to make it!!!!!!!!(~
ajcoll1

Knob Noster, MO

#10 Jun 27, 2007
Hi i live in a small town in missouri and i was wondering if i could give me some info on a fast cardboard boat but basicaly all i can use is cardboard and tape. i need it for some races on the 4th of july so please hurry!!!
sweetXthing

Wyandotte, MI

#11 Jul 29, 2007
hey don't fret its just minor just look at:
http://www.dogwoodarts.com/uploaded/buildingt...
give it a second to load but it should really help!
sweetchick90

London, UK

#12 Nov 18, 2007
in school we are makin boats for a project but im havin bad ideas plz give me a idea!!!!!!!!!!
sweetchick90

London, UK

#13 Nov 18, 2007
i need them now
ian425

Mesa, AZ

#14 Jan 2, 2008
i need blueprints or something like that.
brianna

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 May 11, 2008
how do you make a cardboard boat like a small one because i dont know how because i need it for a school projct sorry about the spelling.
karla

Plano, TX

#16 May 27, 2008
how do you do that
ICARLY

Windsor, Canada

#17 Nov 18, 2008
ok
ICARLY

Windsor, Canada

#18 Nov 18, 2008
okokok
adbloch

Clarence Center, NY

#19 Nov 24, 2008
Cover the whole thing in duct tape, if you have enough.
BOB

Clarence Center, NY

#20 Nov 24, 2008
My school did something like this but with 2 people. We just used the normal "V" shaped hull, and made it canoe shaped. Make yours long enough for 4 people instead of 2. Cut the cardboard into different faces of the boat. THen duckt tape the outside of the seams and masking tape the insides.

Cross section:
||
\/
\/
\_____/
BOB

Clarence Center, NY

#21 Nov 24, 2008
The cross section didn't work :(
BOB

Clarence Center, NY

#22 Nov 29, 2008
ALso, be sure to use some cardboard for supports running perpindicular to the bow of the boat. Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grantham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul 15 Grunt56 31
Review: Piney Point Maintenance (Jun '12) Jul 14 dazendays 2
housing Jun '15 marypad23 1
Any coke around May '15 Jord1993 1
News Timothy Laundry Obiturary (Sep '12) Jul '14 Sid Clark 2
News Tufts doctor allegedly sped nearly 120 miles pe... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Disgusted 1
Butman Cemetery (Feb '09) Jun '14 Andrew P 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grantham Mortgages