Grand Rapids night club shooting sends one to hospital

A 19-year-old Grand Rapids resident is in the hospital this morning following an overnight shooting at a night club. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
winter is over

Holland, MI

#43 Apr 6, 2008
The shooting always happen in the same area. I hope it stays that way....The rest of us can just stay out of that area.... The shootings in Holland all happen on the same street too....weird how that works.....

Since: Feb 08

United States

#44 Apr 6, 2008
freddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Violence in the schools and the streets. It is getting worse all the time. Gangs are becoming very prevelant again. You must not have been in GR lately.
I live in GR for now.

“Congrats to all Graduating”

Since: Aug 07

Muskegon, MI

#45 Apr 7, 2008
welcome to GR wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are the same......
There are MANY night clubs that are 18 and up.
the 18 year old to 20 must wear a wrist band, or a big X marked on each hand, so it is known they are a minor.
this dose not stop a minor from drinking.

they have to pay a higher cover because they do not buy drinks as the 21 and up patrons do.
this is not something new, it has been around for a very long time.
I don't think it is wrong, as I have said many times, a man/woman, can go to war for their country, yet cant sit down at a bar and have a drink.
if we don't feel that someone is mature enough to drink(and some are not) should we reevaluate the age that our young men and woman enlist into the armed forces?
that's just a thought,I had, adding to your question.
Have a good day!
mother of 2

Edmore, MI

#46 Apr 7, 2008
no thats not correct! I do not go to the clubs for drug or gang violence it just seems when the slightest altercation happens they want to pull guns out... i agree witht the girl that says she dosent go out because of this violence I dont either and thats the reason why Im not risking my life and catching a bullet that was meant for someone else. these clubs need metal detectors... all of them!
John M wrote:
<quoted text> I am not quite sure where you are talking about but the nightclubs on this side of g.r have been a violent and death induced place for years. Why people keep going to these clubs is for only a few reasons. Drugs, gang activity, and prostitution are abound in all these clubs along division. The cops know it, the people know it, and the city govt knows it but yet they continue to peddle death and bloodshed just about every couple of monthes every since I have been alive. The guns and the street mentality have not changed, nor has the locations of where it is happening in either.
Taxpayer

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 Apr 7, 2008
WooWee wrote:
One shot and one in jail......That's two of em off our streets!
I thought the same thing. But now, they'll be in our prison population soon. More tax dollars spent on "urban youth." (Is that politically correct enough for the forum?)
NightHawk

Caseville, MI

#48 Apr 7, 2008
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing. But now, they'll be in our prison population soon. More tax dollars spent on "urban youth." (Is that politically correct enough for the forum?)
Actually no.
You used "they'll", why would the victim go to jail.
Other then that you and your ilk are still quite,,, forget it you wouldn't understand.
Tiny

Caseville, MI

#49 Apr 7, 2008
GOOD SHOT HAWK
Saint Marys Nurses

Milan, MI

#50 Apr 7, 2008
I am very disturbed by violent crimes that happen on a daily basis in Grand Rapids. However, what disturbs me more is the media and the press who release the boys name and his location at Saint Mary's Hospital. Thank you Grand Rapids Press and local news media for not only putting his life in danger yet again but also putting our lives (RN's) in danger also. I could care less if the suspect was captured, that doesn't mean it wasn't gang related or that others were involved.
Concerned RN's
jbn

Holland, MI

#51 Apr 8, 2008
Masterys wrote:
<quoted text>
And install Republicons who have wrecked our ecomony and taken so many lives in a lie so Cheney and crowd can profit so handsomely. Its funn to see some with their heads still in the sand. Another complete idiot
Liston to poor little liberal hippie.
here is something, a couple of words for you, although I'm sure you have never heard them, and have no clue what so ever as to the meaning,
Personal- responsibility.
Now, don't run Right out and smoke some pot, think about it first for awhile

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gospel concert Jul '14 Luci 1
yep (Jun '14) Jun '14 what the really 1
Parents Voice Concerns Over School Bus Stop; Di... (May '14) May '14 Lisa Briggs 1
Brittany Powell (Dec '13) Apr '14 Chrislester 2
sexting (Apr '14) Apr '14 big man 1
Merry Christmas! Readers share with us some of ... (Jan '13) Dec '13 Nat 2
lanet presler (Nov '11) Dec '13 anon 2
Grant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Grant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grant

Personal Finance