Grand Rapids night club shooting sends one to hospital

A 19-year-old Grand Rapids resident is in the hospital this morning following an overnight shooting at a night club. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
worry

Granbury, TX

#1 Apr 5, 2008
I don't understaand why every weekend it seem like someone is getting shot. What happen back in days when you could go out and not worry about all these guns on the street. when will are streets and weekends be safe again.

worried
NO MO

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Apr 5, 2008
I THOUGHT THIS WAS MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET ?
Wide_Stance

Troy, MI

#3 Apr 5, 2008
NO MO wrote:
I THOUGHT THIS WAS MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET ?
somebody shot him I think
Batch 37 Pain is Good

Barnesville, OH

#4 Apr 5, 2008
They ought to have a sign at the entrance like we have in the country bars. "Check your weapons at the door".
jo jo

Spring Lake, MI

#5 Apr 5, 2008
Stay away from Division.. it is not safe, people should know that by now.
elrod

West Bloomfield, MI

#6 Apr 5, 2008
Baeutiful nightt club. The brothers just had to settle something.
Moving to GR soon

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2008
It was also 2am, which is a bad time to be out anywhere. I read somewhere that crime rates go up depending on what time it is.
winter is over

Holland, MI

#8 Apr 5, 2008
The true hero's are the POLICE who chase these thughs down in the worst areas at the most dangerous times. If it were not for them, EVERY STREET WOULD BE LIKE THIS WITHIN A WEEK!
Concerned person

Sturgis, MI

#9 Apr 5, 2008
This is ridiculous. Here we go again, another night club shooting. Im sorry Im 24 and do not go out to these clubs because of this reason and others. You would think that there would be better safety checks for the security staff.....if there was any at all. I recently broke up with my girlfriend because of her partying too much. Theres a limit....I mean look where it got that kid. Shot!
WooWee

United States

#10 Apr 5, 2008
One shot and one in jail......That's two of em off our streets!
NightHawk

Caseville, MI

#11 Apr 5, 2008
WooWee wrote:
One shot and one in jail......That's two of em off our streets!
Now if we could get you off the street we'd be in PIG heaven.
John M

Rockford, MI

#12 Apr 5, 2008
worry wrote:
I don't understaand why every weekend it seem like someone is getting shot. What happen back in days when you could go out and not worry about all these guns on the street. when will are streets and weekends be safe again.
worried
I am not quite sure where you are talking about but the nightclubs on this side of g.r have been a violent and death induced place for years. Why people keep going to these clubs is for only a few reasons. Drugs, gang activity, and prostitution are abound in all these clubs along division. The cops know it, the people know it, and the city govt knows it but yet they continue to peddle death and bloodshed just about every couple of monthes every since I have been alive. The guns and the street mentality have not changed, nor has the locations of where it is happening in either.
Sgt Mike

Jackson, MI

#14 Apr 5, 2008
elrod wrote:
That makes a lot of sense you must be as dumb as the shooter and the person for being in that area at that time, like the dude said two more off the street
TDJensen

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Apr 5, 2008
If Charles Bronson were still alive, we might be able to coax him to come clean up GR. He could make Death Wish 6, 7, and 8.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#16 Apr 5, 2008
elrod wrote:
Careful, there .. you might be accused of being a racist with that remark. I sure was, on another thread. Never mind our statements are SPOT ON....
Masterys

Bay City, MI

#17 Apr 5, 2008
Nothing good ever happens after midnight
Rockford Professional

United States

#18 Apr 5, 2008
Concerned person wrote:
I recently broke up with my girlfriend because of her partying too much.
Are you still single? I'm 25 and also sick of the partying scene...:)

Since: Aug 07

Greater Grand Rapids

#19 Apr 5, 2008
21 in a bar?
19 in a nightclub?
John

Holland, MI

#20 Apr 5, 2008
Just by reading the posts its possible to identify the liberals.
Any one who blames the gun- is a liberal.
why don't liberals understand the meaning of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY ?
people harm others, they make the decision to end a life, not the gun.
blaming a Inanimate object is silly, do you blame your pencil for spelling errors ?
want to end this violence, throw the liberals out of office, out of schools and especially the universities and any position of authority and bring common sense back into our county.
Tiny

Caseville, MI

#21 Apr 5, 2008
John wrote:
Just by reading the posts its possible to identify the liberals.
Any one who blames the gun- is a liberal.
why don't liberals understand the meaning of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY ?
people harm others, they make the decision to end a life, not the gun.
blaming a Inanimate object is silly, do you blame your pencil for spelling errors ?
want to end this violence, throw the liberals out of office, out of schools and especially the universities and any position of authority and bring common sense back into our county.
What are you reading Porty John. I don't see any posts about guns. You reading some other line, or attempting to make a point ?
You are right though , unpopular war, economy in the toilet, open boarders, high crime, lots of drugs, all because of those lib----, whops, I guess all those folks are conservatives. Darn missed again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Sep 22 JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 22 gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
gospel concert Jul '14 Luci 1
yep Jun '14 what the really 1
Grant Dating
Find my Match

Grant Jobs

Grant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grant

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]