Neighbors Fear Railroad Proposal A Safety Risk

Full story: WLTX Columbia 7
Standing in his backyard, one block off of Dutch Fork Road, Kevin Byrd glances at the railroad track that cuts through, concerned about what may be added to it in the future. Full Story
a train person

Elgin, SC

#1 May 9, 2008
dont they 50 foot right ways on both sides of the track? i think that you all need to grow up a little. the big companys wins all the time. it is also funny that one person will be stuck with her land. on lynn mccartha and walter mccartha road you can get out other ways. so good luck on fighting this lmfao
Hillary Clinton

Columbia, SC

#2 May 9, 2008
I think I am siding with the the people that live in the area unless, the are planing on Voting for McCain, then I am on the side of the Train company.

If Osama some how pulls it out and wins the Dumacrate Party nomination, I wont care.....

Hillary "Batch" Clinton 2008
White Rock Resident

Columbia, SC

#3 May 9, 2008
When emergency respnders met with CSX in a "tabletop disaster drill" in 2007, they concluded that they could not evaculate the Nursing Center patients but that they would have to cut off all heat, air and ventilation, seal the windows and doors and "shelter in place" until it was safe to enter or exit. There are 800+ children at Lake Murray Elementary and 225+ preschoolers at Lake Murray Presbyterian. We fear for the lives of these vulnerable people. Also, the proposed site is the closest to Lake Murray on the Newberry-Colubia line. A chemical spill could very likely contaminate the City of Columbia water supply. We are not against the railroad. This is just not an appropriate site.
old salt dog

Columbia, SC

#4 May 10, 2008
the train that wrecked in graneteville was not to blame, it was the crew on the train that had stopped at the mill to off load coal was who is to blame. know the facts.
Upstate Setup

Grovetown, GA

#5 May 16, 2008
Time for Change

Rock Hill, SC

#6 May 16, 2008
It seems that this is the some sorry excuse that each solicitor gives, "NOT A CREDIBLE WITNESS". Could it just happen to be that these solicitors are men?

OR could it be that someone withheld crucial evidence as in my case WHICH WAS INVESTIGATED BY SLED AND THEY ONLY CHOSE TO SEND WHAT SUITED THEIR NEEDS.

My case was investigated by SLED since it was a Police Chief, and even they withheld crucial evidence.
1st Circuit Scarlett

Grovetown, GA

#7 May 18, 2008
Time for Change wrote:
It seems that this is the some sorry excuse that each solicitor gives, "NOT A CREDIBLE WITNESS". Could it just happen to be that these solicitors are men?
OR could it be that someone withheld crucial evidence as in my case WHICH WAS INVESTIGATED BY SLED AND THEY ONLY CHOSE TO SEND WHAT SUITED THEIR NEEDS.
My case was investigated by SLED since it was a Police Chief, and even they withheld crucial evidence.
http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2007...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graniteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Pepper Cafe Breaks the Law on a Regular Basis (Apr '12) Thu Caz 37
Old Heidelberg Inn (Jun '08) Jan 28 ReeseCup 15
Wake Boarders on river. (Jul '14) Jan 28 Tardness 46
Aiken Standard and Ridiculousness Jan 28 Devil Nuts 3
Surveillance cameras proposed by Aiken Public S... Jan 27 Bubbletoes 3
Adult education program offers free classes, ma... Jan 26 Tylequious Jackson 1
Juan Gamboa arrested by Aiken sheriff deputy Da... (Jan '14) Jan 24 Cabana ugh 78

Child Abduction Emergency for Aiken County was issued at January 31 at 11:40AM EST

Graniteville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Graniteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:31 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:31PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
Bleacher Report 3:54 PM