Toxic spills on the rails
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post and Courier.
#1 Sep 29, 2006
The FRA is right. The Graniteville disaster was not caused by the existance of toxic inhallation hazards on the railroad, or the manner of package (the tankcar) it was transported in. It was caused by poor management of the railroad. Interesting the 911 operators and the Graniteville fire department had no idea of how to respond to a chlorine emergency. This suggests the railroad didn't do it's job in communicating with the local town authorities in advance of the accident.
Add your comments below
|Locals say Murphy Village fraud charges not sur...||2 hr||Blood Revan||1|
|Bob Richards Nissan Dealer - Job Discrimination||11 hr||Marty is a jackass||3|
|Wakeboarding hell on the savannah river||12 hr||Tardness||73|
|Aiken County Detention Center Mismanaged (Sep '10)||Mon||Nena||71|
|Mae's Video : Racist BEWARE! Stay away lousy Ad...||Mon||Tena Zones||5|
|Bob Richards Toyota: racism and job discriminat...||Mon||Bill Clinton||5|
|Pastor to support ALS awareness by jogging thro... (Jan '16)||Mon||Will Rey||126|
Find what you want!
Search Graniteville Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC