Deputies: Man Shot Teen in Self-Defense

Deputies: Man Shot Teen in Self-Defense

There are 31 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 27, 2007, titled Deputies: Man Shot Teen in Self-Defense. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

" Deputies say three men tried to steal an ATV from a Graniteville man who shot one of them in self-defense Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
have mercy

Camden, SC

#1 Jun 27, 2007
I'm glad he won't be charged. We are sending the message to the losers out there who would rather steal than work and pay for things themselves....mess with us and you may not live to regret it!

Since: Jun 07

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2007
I just wish he had better aim...........and a bigger magazine.

Irmo, SC

#3 Jun 27, 2007
i dont think the 16 year old should have been released to relatives he should have been taken to djj
Sandy

West Columbia, SC

#4 Jun 27, 2007
Alright!
Another case of being allowed to protect what is yours with no repercussions.
Maybe there is hope, yet.

Irmo, SC

#5 Jun 27, 2007
16 year old needed to go to djj not released to relatives he committed a crime as well as the others there is a law the hands of one is the hands of all

“M.O.G.”

Columbia, SC

#6 Jun 27, 2007
granny bee wrote:
16 year old needed to go to djj not released to relatives he committed a crime as well as the others there is a law the hands of one is the hands of all
I agree. The 16 year old got off too easy.
Southern Girl

Irmo, SC

#7 Jun 27, 2007
DJJ? Why in the world....? I wonder if the parents will punish him or blame it on the older boys?
SDL

Covington, GA

#8 Jun 27, 2007
wHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE 16 YEAR OLD DOING OUT AT 1:15AM. OUR STATE NEEDS A SET TIME FOR ALL TEENS TO BE HOME UNLESS WITH AN ADULT OR GOING TO WORK.
OH PLEASE

Lexington, SC

#9 Jun 27, 2007
It shouldnt have been any other way
step on someones property to take something that doesn't belong to them, that they have worked hard for. Maybe it will teach kids these days a lesson!
Tough Justice

United States

#10 Jun 27, 2007
Don't even get me started on our judicial system! Glad that the laws of the west is coming back. If the judicial system doesn't work, then I am all for protecting what is yours by any means possible.
OH PLEASE

Lexington, SC

#11 Jun 27, 2007
Tough Justice wrote:
Don't even get me started on our judicial system! Glad that the laws of the west is coming back. If the judicial system doesn't work, then I am all for protecting what is yours by any means possible.
LOCK AND LOAD!
Justice

AOL

#12 Jun 27, 2007
Southern Girl wrote:
DJJ? Why in the world....? I wonder if the parents will punish him or blame it on the older boys?
Good point SOUHTERN GAL (GIRL)
Justice

AOL

#13 Jun 27, 2007
OH PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOCK AND LOAD!
I am scared of you PLEASE. LOL
clg

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 27, 2007
thats why U should get a job. He did the right thing. There is no need in letting someone take what you work so hard to get and all they want to do is go around stealing.
upset mom

Streetsboro, OH

#15 Jun 27, 2007
SDL wrote:
wHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE 16 YEAR OLD DOING OUT AT 1:15AM. OUR STATE NEEDS A SET TIME FOR ALL TEENS TO BE HOME UNLESS WITH AN ADULT OR GOING TO WORK.
now wait, what right does the state have to determine that those are the only reasons he should be out.(do not get me wrong, my kid would not be out alone at that time either) if you start that, how long is it before someones decides that adults should not be out except at certain times? if you start that with the government controlling something, it will not end there. they are never happy with just a little control.
OH PLEASE

Lexington, SC

#19 Jun 27, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I am scared of you PLEASE. LOL
naw, shouldn't be would just be a momma protecting her cubs...LOL
NYGMAN

Islip, NY

#20 Jun 27, 2007
have mercy wrote:
I'm glad he won't be charged. We are sending the message to the losers out there who would rather steal than work and pay for things themselves....mess with us and you may not live to regret it!
100% right!!
NYGMAN

Islip, NY

#21 Jun 27, 2007
clg wrote:
thats why U should get a job. He did the right thing. There is no need in letting someone take what you work so hard to get and all they want to do is go around stealing.
thats right i'm with you
ATV safe at home

Myrtle Beach, SC

#22 Jun 27, 2007
I just hope he didn't hit his own ATV and hurt it. If the kid had a gun, did he steal that too? Wonder if the gun was even registered. I am GLAD that the owner was not charged. I would have done the same, but also shot all 3.
Jay

Cammeray, Australia

#24 Jun 28, 2007
You think it is right to kill someone if they steal your bike? That seems a bit freaky to me. Are things that bad over there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graniteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrea McCurry - Wakeboarder - Augusta CC Tue Tardness 47
Aiken County Bad Cop Tommy Platt (Jul '16) Aug 12 Katlyn 4
Steve Vandervliet Aug 6 Brian Vandervliet 1
Titus Nichols and Bell & Brigham Law Firm: Lous... Jul 30 Sallie J 3
HEBREW ISRAELITE MOVEMENT in America spreading... Jul 30 IUIC Aiken 3
Hebrew Israelite Leader Dr. Franklyn Beckles, J... Jul 29 True Israel United 3
News Pastor to support ALS awareness by jogging thro... (Jan '16) Jul 29 Record in Black H... 144

Graniteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Graniteville Mortgages