Teen recovering from golf cart crash ...

Teen recovering from golf cart crash that killed 2

There are 11 comments on the WWAY-TV Wilmington story from May 2, 2009, titled Teen recovering from golf cart crash that killed 2. In it, WWAY-TV Wilmington reports that:

A 15-year-old girl has been released from the hospital following an accident that killed her twin sister and grandmother as the three tried to cross a road in a golf cart.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWAY-TV Wilmington.

Mickey

Mountain City, TN

#1 May 26, 2009
Mays should burn
Hang em high

Hickory, NC

#2 May 27, 2009
Whoa!! Hold on there Mickey....I read the details of the police report and the kid pulled out in front of the guy's car....he wasn't speeding and there was no evidence of alcohol or drugs. Be hones, a fifteen year shouldn't be driving a golf cart across a roadway used by automobiles....clealy the report indicates that she was at fault for the accident. Put the responsibility where it belongs. Don't be a turkey..........
eric

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Jun 2, 2009
Hang em high wrote:
Whoa!! Hold on there Mickey....I read the details of the police report and the kid pulled out in front of the guy's car....he wasn't speeding and there was no evidence of alcohol or drugs. Be hones, a fifteen year shouldn't be driving a golf cart across a roadway used by automobiles....clealy the report indicates that she was at fault for the accident. Put the responsibility where it belongs. Don't be a turkey..........
right on we dont need no bs there is enough suffering
wonderingy

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jun 3, 2009
Does anyone have a truthful update on the 15 year old? I know she is home but wonder so much about her dealing with the loss of her sister. She has been in my prayers.
gods love

Pelzer, SC

#5 Jun 3, 2009
The girl you are speaking about is not doing very well emotionally. Physically she is doing pretty good. The mother has some very serious health problems herself and has been in the hospital off and on for serveral months. They has lost a grandmother, daughter and now the mother is serious condition health wise. Please pray for the Smith and Chandler family.
nearby neighbor

Hickory, NC

#6 Jun 4, 2009
I personally know the family. Alicia is a wonderful person. They are faithful Christians.
It was a freak accident. I don't think its right
to put blame on anybody. We should all pray for the family, the loss of a mother is difficult enough, let alone one of your children!
gods love

Pelzer, SC

#7 Jun 4, 2009
I agree the Chandler and Smith family are great Christian people. Please pray for these families and also i was wondering if anyone besides myself would like to have a fund raiser or something to help this family with medical bills since Alicia has a lot of medicial bills and is not able to work. Hope to hear from you.
gods love

Asheville, NC

#8 Jun 20, 2009
Is there anyone that would like to help with a fund raiser for this family who has major medicial bills? Please post your comment. They are a wonderful christian family that really needs everyone prayers. Especially after the grandmother and daughter was killed in a tragic golfcart accident.
Smith

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2009
Hang em high wrote:
Whoa, hang em! Karen was my aunt and like another mother to me and Kara was my cousin and a very sweet young lady, the driver of the car was proven to have been going at least 60 in a 45 and he has had 3 previous dui's and he did lose his licsense and will not get them back for a long time so get your facts straight and watch your mouth!
be honest

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2010
Tho this was a tragedy and the driver "may" have been speeding the driver of the golf cart was still at fault and whether it was 60 mph or 45 mph it still would have been a tragedy. If a parent or adult is going to allow a child to get behind the wheel of ANYTHING it is their responsibility to teach the safety.
kevin

Taylorsville, NC

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Smith wrote:
<quoted text> Whoa, hang em! Karen was my aunt and like another mother to me and Kara was my cousin and a very sweet young lady, the driver of the car was proven to have been going at least 60 in a 45 and he has had 3 previous dui's and he did lose his licsense and will not get them back for a long time so get your facts straight and watch your mouth!
I was not speeding. I was coming home from a job interview. Prior to that accident I had never tasted alcohol in my life so please get your facts straight before spouting off nonsense. Nor did I lose my license. Though I didn't drive again for well over a year it was not BC I wasn't licensed. I did in fact have a couple speeding tickets but name me a 19 year old guy with a fast car who doesn't have a few of those. I have read these comments every day for the last 3 years. I do not appreciate the blame for that accident being placed on me all this time. So kindly stop it.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Stores of Valley Hills Mall (May '13) Apr 18 HickoryLocal 29
angie marcum Apr 18 WELL U KNOW 1
AA Entertainment (Mar '12) Apr 17 Morgan 83
White lives matter more Apr 17 Nc huy 2
The Station Apr 16 Brain Buster 1
Useless mothers Apr 15 Ann 1
best restaurants for breakfast Apr 14 shallowpondfacsimile 253

Granite Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

Granite Falls Mortgages