Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Granite Falls Forum

Comments (Page 972)

Showing posts 19,421 - 19,440 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a slave and slave owner today...what I find provocative is you claim it is inalienable right endowed by our creator, yet you claim you are a non believer.
So what cause is it today causehead? Whales? Trees? Sea Turtles?
Nature is our creator as I said in the post. Guess you missed it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Stopping the Bush tax cut is not about creating jobs, it is about reducing the debt. You forget republicans freaked out for the past few years about the debt, so dems are doing something about it. Now you are going to whine about someone reducing the debt.
Dems tried to tell you that the debt is not the greatest concern in a recession, but you guys did not listen. So take the tax plan that helps solve the problem you whined about for years.
You wish for your cake and eat it also. Maybe Bush should not have spent so much during times of a good economy. Save for a rainy day is the responsible way. To bad your team screwed up the cake.
Obama repeatedly said he would repeal the Bush tax cuts; however, he blinked everytime, thus he didn't repeal them. Doesn't appear he was that concerned about reducing the debt or he would have repealed the tax cuts.
I'm not aware Obama has laid out a tax plan that will help reduce debt. I'm not aware of any plan Obama has laid out to reduce debt, create jobs, or anything to help this country. You can't reduce debt, give money away hand over fist and print money to cover your butt on the debts you're running up while reducing the debt. If that's Obama's plan, our team screwed up the cake and your team was dumb enough to eat it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You infer the entitlements are helpful and prevented big companies from filing chapters 7 or 15 thus leading to more unemployment and so on. Perhaps those companies should not of squandered their profits and they would not of had to have a stimulus to prevent bankruptcy.
What I did not see was a single handout, entitlement or bailout to help an individual from filing bankruptcy. So, how is that helping the little guy again? Oh that's right, Obama didn't give entitlements to the middle class because they didn't build it, someone else did.
Round number 3 of quantitative easing and Obama has been in office for almost 4 years. Whose fault is it now? Reagans? Daddy Bush? Wait, let me guess. Nixons.
Only thing democrats want is a free lunch and all republicans know there is no such thing.
You are off point. The point was Mitt's claim was false. Handouts are given to republicans as well as democrats.
Shifting points just shows you have no answer to my point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
Bacon, if you stop wasting our time posting articles and start using your own words to ask a question or make a statement, we would likely answer more of your posts.
If you do not make an actual statement, I often just skip the post.
Believe it or not, my time here is limited.
Mike, you never back up your claims with anything more than your opinion. Sorry bud, but I don't always buy your opinion. Why don't you make a statement and back it up with actual proof? Skip the post and if your time is that limited, get off Topix. I believe your time is limited to reading only the posts that support your claims.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I did not see the post. Solyndra is not the only green job promoted by the government. And green energy subsidies are not purposed to create fast jobs, they are for creating clean energy. The hope is, when they are funded, some will find better more cost effective ways for green energy and hopefully it will lead to a new system that will make our country a leader in the field. This will certainly produce jobs if this happens.
Of course in such an endeavor, some companies will not find better ways to produce green energy. Welcome to reality. I know it is not so simple as to put on a bumper sticker, so your team cannot understand the process.
But anytime money is spent, it is keeping the economy going. The money may not have all produced anything, but whoever built the buildings and worked behind the lines made money. That money keeps the economy churning.
It is stimulus. It kept us out of a depression. We were in a steep decline when Obama came in. These stimulus spending programs stopped the decline.
Now you will not give Obama one bit of credit for this. Why?
Just what do you think reversed the decline of the Bush economy if it was not due to stimulus spending?
Yes Mike and if I hope and wish really hard, I'll probably find a unicorn in my frontyard :) Mike, Solyndra lost (depending on which source you read) 1000-1100 jobs and the government gave them roughly $600 million dollars. The saddest thing to me about Solyndra is that John Corzine, Obama's go to man to fix problems, actually told Congress he didn't know where the money went. I believe I can figure that one out. John made out like a green energy bandit. Solyndra seemed to be doing fine in 2005 and I guess the people that built the buildngs probably in 2004 did add to the economy then, but I'm talking now. The company went all to heck in 2009. What was the problem?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
Bacon, if you stop wasting our time posting articles and start using your own words to ask a question or make a statement, we would likely answer more of your posts.
If you do not make an actual statement, I often just skip the post.
Believe it or not, my time here is limited.
Oops Mike, I didn't post the failed green jobs under Obama site. When you have time, please read it.

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-o...
TSF

Fremont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

What about the 529 million of taxpayer money that Paul Ryan gave to Fisker electric Car company that didn't produce the cars?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

TSF wrote:
What about the 529 million of taxpayer money that Paul Ryan gave to Fisker electric Car company that didn't produce the cars?
I agree, totally not right. At least he knew where it went, unlike John Corzine who didn't have a fat clue where Solyndra's money went. Wasn't the Fisker Electric Car Co. in Holland? Created about as many jobs in the U.S. as the list of failed green companies I posted.

TSF, you're the numbers guy, so please explain to me the reasoning behind or how producing the Chevy Volt that costs $89k to produce and selling it for $40k-$49k (depending on which site you use) is making money for GM? Seriously, is there some mathematical madness behind the reasoning for doing this that will help GM?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Promise this is my last site I'm posting (today). About those loans to help college students:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/15/opinion/col... ;

I found this article to be a real downer. The government is paying people at least $1.6 million dollars to collect on $76 million dollars of defaulted student loans. Somewhere I've missed the madness in the reasoning of government giving loans to help with education that cost this much to recover/try to recover losses on defaulted loans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, totally not right. At least he knew where it went, unlike John Corzine who didn't have a fat clue where Solyndra's money went. Wasn't the Fisker Electric Car Co. in Holland? Created about as many jobs in the U.S. as the list of failed green companies I posted.
TSF, you're the numbers guy, so please explain to me the reasoning behind or how producing the Chevy Volt that costs $89k to produce and selling it for $40k-$49k (depending on which site you use) is making money for GM? Seriously, is there some mathematical madness behind the reasoning for doing this that will help GM?
How did GM recently receive the distinction of being the Number one automobile company in the world in regard to sales? Maybe we should have followed the Romney plan of letting GM go bankrupt, and a million workers (including the feeder industies) sit at home and collect unemployment benefits that the taxpayer picks up the tab for. No Republican would have complained about that, would they?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
How did GM recently receive the distinction of being the Number one automobile company in the world in regard to sales? Maybe we should have followed the Romney plan of letting GM go bankrupt, and a million workers (including the feeder industies) sit at home and collect unemployment benefits that the taxpayer picks up the tab for. No Republican would have complained about that, would they?
Since I realize you must be with your students, and don't have time to be on Topix, I'll just look that right up and get back with you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I notice in the article it did say "controlled bankruptcy" and the fact GM still owes 26 million dollars to the government. Never did explain the Chevy Volt debacle.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelinemaynard/...

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I thought that GM still owed a Hell of a lot more than 26 million.Maybe 2.6 billion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
I thought that GM still owed a Hell of a lot more than 26 million.Maybe 2.6 billion.
Hey Waco, just now getting back on. It is so beautiful here today and starting to feel like Fall. Went out and took me a nice walk. As far as 26 million or 2.6 billion, after a while so many zeroes just start to blur. Let's settle on a whole lot?!?! Is it cooling down in Texas?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waco, just now getting back on. It is so beautiful here today and starting to feel like Fall. Went out and took me a nice walk. As far as 26 million or 2.6 billion, after a while so many zeroes just start to blur. Let's settle on a whole lot?!?! Is it cooling down in Texas?
Yes my dear the skies are blue the birds are singing and it's 90 degrees.Which for Texas is a cold front.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Bacon i'm free.I finally got rid of her.For the first time in over a year I feel good.The birds really are singing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I realize you must be with your students, and don't have time to be on Topix, I'll just look that right up and get back with you.
I am out today for a doctor's visit...back home now

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am out today for a doctor's visit...back home now
Hope everything's good with you Arnold. Go ahead and laugh, I've got to step in and help my husband hang some light fixtures at my dad's. My husband will probably tell me the power's off and to put some wires together and if I'm still alive after putting them together, he'll say, "Honey I was sure I had the power off." Wish me luck!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Bacon i'm free.I finally got rid of her.For the first time in over a year I feel good.The birds really are singing.
Good for you Waco. I'm glad you're feeling good. Always remember, she is someone that needs compassion, not enabling but compassion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes my dear the skies are blue the birds are singing and it's 90 degrees.Which for Texas is a cold front.
I wouldn't get my mink coat out right yet:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,421 - 19,440 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Granite Falls Discussions

Search the Granite Falls Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Reality or Fraud 2 hr Deb 14
our country is run by idiots 4 hr Patty Larkin 1
Any reviews of Convergys? Job Wise? (Jan '09) 5 hr Still There 178
our politicians are morond Wed Jerry Robinson 2
Bethany Foy Tue Hmmm 11
mike johnson toyota rips off all! (Dec '09) Apr 14 Marsha 91
Leigha Hildebran Apr 13 Phil 4
•••
•••