Hickory, NC

#1 Feb 26, 2009
Anyone have any info?
Opening date?
Type of food?
lakerat

Black Mountain, NC

#2 Apr 6, 2009
we went by over the weekend. not much activity a few cars parked around back. anyone have any info??
elisha

Hickory, NC

#3 May 9, 2009
we went there to use the dock.. so we could wakeboard. well, not me, i drove. i can't wakeboard.
DRM

Asheville, NC

#4 May 12, 2009
Seems to be a real deadzone for restaurants. It's a shame though, that area has a lot of potential.
anonymous

Bunnlevel, NC

#5 May 13, 2009
George's is supposed to open soon.
elisha

Hickory, NC

#6 May 13, 2009
george said they'll open as soon as they get a new staircase. they have to change it.
Traveling Man

Fairless Hills, PA

#7 May 19, 2009
new to CC - where is this place located?

Since: May 09

Hickory, NC

#8 May 22, 2009
i'm terrible with explaining where stuff is, i haven't been here long enough.
all i know is that it is on the lake haha
lakerat

Black Mountain, NC

#9 May 25, 2009
stopped by via boat on saturday. he was very gracious and gave my hubby and friends a tour and an upcoming menu. it looks amazing and we are very anxious for him to open. he has owned several successful restaurants over the years and believes he has a good plan. we lakerats sure hope so. he had hoped to open by Easter but has some construction code issues to contend with. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed!!!
mom

Boone, NC

#10 May 25, 2009
Location please!
lakerat

Black Mountain, NC

#11 May 27, 2009
on the lake past 321 bridge... under train tresle.. right before Rhodhiss Dam
john

Muscatine, IA

#12 May 27, 2009
why did they close the tiki bar at lake hickory marina?
Divan

Morganton, NC

#13 Jun 13, 2009
If you are coming from Hickory, take 321 North. Turn left at the intersection across from WalMart (RiverCrest Shopping Center). In 2 miles, turn left at the light onto Duke St. You will pass a funeral home(Mackie). Continue for about 2 miles until the bridge, slow down because you will turn left at the end of the bridge into George's. I will go to George's tonight and will let you know!!
well then

Hickory, NC

#14 Jun 13, 2009
Divan wrote:
If you are coming from Hickory, take 321 North. Turn left at the intersection across from WalMart (RiverCrest Shopping Center). In 2 miles, turn left at the light onto Duke St. You will pass a funeral home(Mackie). Continue for about 2 miles until the bridge, slow down because you will turn left at the end of the bridge into George's. I will go to George's tonight and will let you know!!
The decor is nice, the food, not so much! Sandwich burnt (toasted), fries undercooked.
jim

Lindenhurst, NY

#15 Jun 15, 2009
I was there the weekend Georges opened. Nice atmosphere and nice people. I sat in the downstairs bar. Food was ok but not to die for. I met George. Nice guy. I think it will be a hit once they work out some bugs in there system. No one seemed to know what to do but that will come in time. I will definitely go back. The tiki bar was closed due to to many drunks and to wild a time. Duke power owns the property were the tiki bar is located. They are the ones that shut it down. It will not reopen.
Benjamin

United States

#16 Jun 15, 2009
Duke Power does not own the land where the tiki bar was, 321 Marina does, they lost their liquor license, probably won't open back up
jim

Lindenhurst, NY

#17 Jun 15, 2009
I spoke to the marina operator. He said the tiki bar is on land that duke power may not own but has the rights to since they run the lake dams. You can not sell alcohol on land that duke power has rights to unless they approve it. Duke power will not allow the tiki bar to reopen based on complaints about the bar. The restaurant bar may reopen but not the tiki bar. Georges on the lake got permission for there establishment because they have a tennis court and you can join the club. I may not have all the information correct but I am close.
lakerat

Black Mountain, NC

#18 Jun 16, 2009
I won't be craving the food like I was when the sisters owed it but it was edible. The staff are quite rude however. I felt like I was at a Dick's chain where they are supposed to be rude. We sat outside at a table the waitress said "hey"and kept going. After a bit of sitting and others were being served we were finally rudely asked "if we were gonna go inside and order something or if we were just sitting there?" like we were supposed to know. It was all ok after that but other friends have been and used bad words about her that they RARELY use about people. I do hope they are more curteous next time. we are close to there are spent alot of time at the previous one.
Benjamin

United States

#19 Jun 18, 2009
yeah, that makes sense, that is probably why they did the bar inside anyway, hope they at least get a license to sell beer

Since: May 09

Hickory, NC

#20 Jun 22, 2009
i work there, all the staff seems pretty nice except for a few people who i should probably refrain from naming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crime is up (Nov '12) Jul 22 Gregory lee tripl... 37
Slaughter of innocence Jul 22 Joshua dane keener 3
anyone remember a sportswriter named Dan B. Ric... Jul 14 googler 2
Brandie Parlier (Oct '12) Jul 10 apriljean 4
Exploitation or truth? Jul 9 thinking 4
Catawba Mall Jul 6 Chris 2
Need to confess. Is this a good venue? Jul 5 ExBac0n 1

Granite Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance