First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What The

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Has anyone had a good experience there? The first month I can understand the level of service. They ran out of food, the drive through was a mess etc.....

Howerver, they have been open for a year now and it's not any better. The food, when they have it, is never served hot. The sides items aren't good at all. The service, while friendly, is always slow.

I'd love to see this place make good but I fear it's only a matter of time befoer the place will be closed. It's a shame too. We need a good BBQ restaurant in Granite City.
agree

Granite City, IL

#2 Feb 5, 2012
The wife and I have been there twice,and I agree the food isnt bad, but hasnt been very warm. I got the mac n cheese and it felt like they just pulled it out of the cooler.
Yuck

Granite City, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2012
Although I have never been to the actual restaurant, I was at a banquet that was catered by The Firehouse. I must say it was the worst food I have ever eaten! It was cold and had NO flavor. Not to mention the fact that they didn't bring enough food with them and half the people there didn't get to eat. I wasn't the only one that felt that way almost everyone there was throwing full plates of food away. I hope they can pull themselves together and get everything going right, but it's just not looking to great. I will never eat that food again.
starving

Granite City, IL

#4 Feb 6, 2012
I have been there twice. Wasn't crazy about it the first time, but thought that it may have improved with time. WAY over priced for how much you get! The food is ok (not great, not terrible), but they REALLY skimp on the portions!!! If you go there, plan on spending allot of money and still being hungry when you leave!
beaten

Caseyville, IL

#5 Feb 7, 2012
I ate the backdraft sandwich and it was quite tasty. sides are good. mac and cheese can be so-so. some days great, some days meh. sweet potato fries are very good. biggest complaint is sauces get mixed up. so check before you take out. great food and good service IMO.
Food

United States

#6 Aug 28, 2012
As of the last few months they have gotten new management and improved on so much! Theres a new look, new food items, and they completely re-did the recipes. As a frequent customer, I urge you to go back for another try. It really isn't bad in price for the quality, and your food is out minutes after you order. They even deliver now. There's a reason they're still there!!! Highly recommended!!!
They do not make it

United States

#7 Aug 29, 2012
I've heard that they do not even cook the food there. It's brought in by another company and they just sell it. That's why they run out of food and its cold. I support local businesses, but not this one. It's just gross and WAY too expensive.
moongrrlie

Granite City, IL

#8 Aug 30, 2012
As someone who works there I can assure you everything is made in house. We have two commercial indoor smokers and cook meat daily. The new manager is committed to putting out quality food. If you haven't tried in awhile I suggest stopping in for a lunch special. You get a sandwich, side, and drink for $6 after tax. I think that is very reasonable.
another chance

Granite City, IL

#9 Aug 30, 2012
If you have or had a bad experience just go talk to a manager and I'm 100% positive they will change your mind and prb give you a good deal. The food is made on site and is a way better alternative to anything else granite has to offer. Not to mention it's a non-profit organization owned by the gcfd.
NonProfit

Fairview Heights, IL

#10 Aug 30, 2012
I doubt it's non-profit. The GCFD did this so they can make money for their retirement fund. I'm pretty sure that counts as for profit.
And, I've tried it twice and was UNIMPRESSED both times and will not go back. BBQ should be full of flavor and it wasn't.
I also heard that they brought the food in, but maybe that was just until they got their own smokers going. Moongrrlie, you said smokers and the meat is cooked daily are the sides made on site?
Customer

Granite City, IL

#11 Aug 30, 2012
I go there for lunch all of the time. It is always hot, fresh, and comes out quickly. The staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to make sure I am happy. I will continue to support this local business, and hope they do well.
Moongrrlie

Granite City, IL

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Yes, we make everything. It is a tiny kitchen, but we make it work. I had never seen indoor smokers before I used these, but they are pretty awesome. I understand everyone has different tastes, just wanted to make clear we have our own recipes and do make everything there. :) My personal favorite is the smoked turkey.
Hay

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Aug 30, 2012
The food they had at Party at The Beach (we had two flavors of wings, and brisket) was very tasty, thanks for coming--hope you did well enough to consider coming back next year!
mackkk

Granite City, IL

#15 Aug 30, 2012
@nonprofit of course they earn something from it. No one does anything unless it benefits themselves. But alot of the profit goes to various donations every year. Non-profit can be a broad term.
The Real Deal

Ballwin, MO

#16 Sep 8, 2012
It really dont matter because most of the Granite City Firefighters are gay anyways!!! So think about that special sauce next time you place an order.
nikki Schmidt

United States

#17 Sep 10, 2012
If u like this place u obviously have no clue what real bbq taste like i can't believe this place has been open as long as it has but then again granite city is so crooked they probably make all there city employees go there or they are subjected to termination moral of this story that shi.t is nasty
likely story

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Sep 10, 2012
Went there Labor Day. They still have lots of imprvements needed. I didn't think it was very good. Hope they keep working on improving, it surely needs it in every area.
I_C_U

De Soto, KS

#19 Sep 13, 2012
Have been there once, haven't gone back. The guy in the kitchen sneezed in his hand then wiped it on the towel he had over his shoulder and continued on making customers food...never washed his hands..and what else is he wiping on that towel. gross!
yuck

Granite City, IL

#20 Sep 13, 2012
We were actually gonna try this place tonight. Not now. Thanks for steering us away
I_C_U wrote:
Have been there once, haven't gone back. The guy in the kitchen sneezed in his hand then wiped it on the towel he had over his shoulder and continued on making customers food...never washed his hands..and what else is he wiping on that towel. gross!
the citizen

Granite City, IL

#21 Sep 14, 2012
Slander is unbecoming, especially when it is not true. You don't have to patronize a place or even like it. But to post lies is very unbecoming! Get your facts straight before you go around saying things that are not true. I personally know the new chef and they are amazing and they cook everything themselves.
Great food! Great people!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex michelle 2 hr Truth is 10
chris cotton 9 hr So much fun 11
News One man charged following carjacking and armed ... 9 hr Whatever 3
Nicest GC Police officer? 12 hr Get a life 9
Pam Barr 13 hr Foofoo 9
I care 13 hr Good good 6
Rob kelly 15 hr Boogeyman 3

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance