Amino Diet? Does it work?
ponchick

Van Nuys, CA

#128 Jan 1, 2013
lmao wrote:
Has anyone tried the liquid amino diet? It is similar to the HCG diet ..but more calories...1000 vs. 500.. Wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with it!!
I have just purchased it n I don't know how it works like I don't know how to use it, or If i should buy my own fresh food? Its so complicated
How did it work with you? N if u have any helpful info. Thanks
Roxy

Grayslake, IL

#129 Jan 1, 2013
I haven't read all the comments: but if u drop down to 500 calories a day compared to the 2000 or 3000 you were eating; of course you are going to lose weight! What exactly does the amino diet thing entail? I am trying to learn about it.
FYI

Granite City, IL

#131 Jan 1, 2013
Nana wrote:
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THESE DROPS YOU BOUGHT?????
The name of the drops I used, if your question was directed at me, has been named numerous times in this thread. I used, and am preparing to do so again, the homeopathic HCG drops from Costco. I ordered them online - don't know whether they sell in stores or not, but I'm sure you could call your local store and find out if they have them in stock and if not, they *may* possibly be able to get them shipped to the store for you?

Go to the Costco website, www.costco.com , then type HCG in the search bar. It will take you right to the product, Dr. Pearsall's 500 Calorie Diet Protocol Drops. The price is $29.99, including shipping and handling. I would highly recommend anyone considering them take some time and read through the reviews. Doing so is immensely helpful in cluing one in to what to expect. Apparently it didn't work for everyone, but did for many.

I had to have some extensive emergency oral surgery and thus had to stop using the drops sooner than I had planned. I was very worried I'd gain the weight back but it didn't happen - and still hasn't happened. After the surgery my diet consisted mainly of pasta because that was all I could manage to consume. I thought for sure the pounds would pile back on but they did not.

The drops do taste awful, and they cause a burning sensation in my mouth. They definitely worked for me, though, so it was worth the nasty taste and discomfort for a few minutes.

Also, to those who point out that obviously if you decrease your caloric intake to 500 per day you will thus logically lose weight - VERY TRUE. The drops truly seem to take the hunger away, though. I know there's no way I could just drop my intake to ~500 calories on my own. No way, I wouldn't be able to do it. The first few days were very tough, but the results are so good and so quick it really keeps you on track, or at least that was how it worked for me.

I plan on starting again within the coming few weeks and will post my results once I've got a couple weeks in.

Best of luck to everyone!
sandyclaus

Penfield, NY

#132 Jan 6, 2013
Years ago..when I was 16..I am 55 now..I went on a 1,000 calorie doctor supervised diet. I lost 45 lbs. and kept it off within 5 lbs. for 32 years until I developed several illnesses and have to be on medications that cause weight gain. I am not able to exercise either. My point is that I didn't need the drops, I just took a multivitamin and after loosing the eight, I just watched what I was eating. I didn't need expensive drops to loose weight or keep it off. I even cheated once in awhile.
Destiny

Granite City, IL

#133 Jan 6, 2013
Lol
Justmichelle

Dalhart, TX

#135 Jan 10, 2013
Could you please email me the name of the drops you are using Small Town Affair? I've been needing a way to but them but the last drops I had tasted like water literally and I got taken. Money is tight and you've had good results
Justmichelle

Dalhart, TX

#136 Jan 10, 2013
My email is [email protected]
josy

Little Elm, TX

#138 Jan 17, 2013
FYI wrote:
No, I haven't heard of that. I did start the homeopathic version of the drops/500 calorie diet (purchased at Costco for approx.$30) last Monday and as of this morning, exactly 10 days in, had lost 13.4 lbs. It is crazy to step on the scale every day and see another pound gone. The materials that came with this one suggests additional calories if you're not comfortable with 500. I think my intake probably ranges between 500 & 100. The drops taste nasty but they do work as an appetite suppressant and the weight loss is well worth the unpleasantness of the taste.:) You might want to give them a try.
what ia this called ?
Anointed

Houston, TX

#139 Jan 20, 2013
Where can I purchase the amino acid drops? I want yo try this weight loss program. Foes it give you a diet plan as well?
Kara D wrote:
<quoted text>
I did the liquid amino diet for 60 days and loved it! Its much easier to follow than the rigid HCG Diet and you get to eat way more. I lost 35 pounds. Highly recommend it
Anointed

Houston, TX

#140 Jan 20, 2013
Where can I purchase the amino acid drops? I want yo try this weight loss program. Foes it give you a diet plan as well?
Email me: [email protected]
Kara D wrote:
<quoted text>
I did the liquid amino diet for 60 days and loved it! Its much easier to follow than the rigid HCG Diet and you get to eat way more. I lost 35 pounds. Highly recommend it
Mienaweis

United States

#141 Jan 20, 2013
Do you people read.......the name of the drops has been posted over a dozen times. Take some time and read the posts. this may be why weight loss is so hard.....instant satisfaction is not how it works. Take some time and read what people are saying.
Curious

Battle Creek, MI

#142 Jan 20, 2013
So no one has a complaint about the amino diet?
downinthebayou

Winnsboro, LA

#143 Jan 23, 2013
i'm starting next week ... however only need to loose 25-30 lbs ....
Just me

United States

#144 Jan 24, 2013
How do you order this amnio diet drops
kpink

Albuquerque, NM

#145 Jan 24, 2013
I have done the HCg diet with the drops i have lost 44 lbs so far its the best diet i have found so far.
Jennifer

Brenham, TX

#146 Jan 25, 2013
Small town love affair wrote:
<quoted text> could you please tell me the name of the homeopathic drops you are using.
Did you ever find out the name of the one from Costco?
Lana

Brooklyn, NY

#147 Jan 26, 2013
Hi Kara,
I want to try the LAD. How fast you lost your weight? I want to loose 40 pounds. Can you suggest me anything ? Thank.
Kara D wrote:
<quoted text>
jacque

Clayton, NC

#148 Jan 26, 2013
Kara D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you buy your amino drops from
jacque

Clayton, NC

#149 Jan 26, 2013
what website did you buy your amino diets drops from
ME James

Richardson, TX

#151 Feb 8, 2013
Does the amino diet work well for senior citizens? I am 62 and I weigh 134 pounds. I am 5' 1" tall. I want to weigh about 110 pounds. Can the amino diet help me achieve that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic violence in granite city 17 min Noname 8
Drama queen FARRAH HAWKES 54 min tommy 4
Who is the biggest meth head in west granite? 1 hr ikher 21
Maria Armstrong (Apr '15) 2 hr Hmmm 29
rachel andrews (Feb '14) 11 hr Bird 16
Man who is most notorious woman beater in gc 15 hr None ya 28
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 15 hr Fay 2,898
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granite City Mortgages