people living in foreclosed houses

Posted in the Granite City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
james

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2012
I know there are a lot of foreclosed house out there and people are robbing them, living in them for free, something needs to be done. Any one know of this behavior your statement are needed.
joejoe

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2012
People down the street from me are are living in a house that is being foreclosed on and they didn't live there before.
Not Surprised

Granite City, IL

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Really!!!!! Who cares! As long as your house isn't in forcloser it really isn't any of your business or anyone elses. Maybe the people that live down the street from you JoeJoe might be buying the house or have work out something with the mortage company. Until you have the facts and know what you are talking about keep the old pie hole closed.You have nothing better in your life to talk about then this.. GEESH!!!! Once again NOT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
james

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Not Surprised wrote:
Really!!!!! Who cares! As long as your house isn't in forcloser it really isn't any of your business or anyone elses. Maybe the people that live down the street from you JoeJoe might be buying the house or have work out something with the mortage company. Until you have the facts and know what you are talking about keep the old pie hole closed.You have nothing better in your life to talk about then this.. GEESH!!!! Once again NOT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
I am raising the awareness of a problem that is getting worse. If people are living in a house that they shouldn't be and it were on my block I would have it looked into, you never know who the people could be, killers, terrorist, sex offenders, meth heads, or just people living in someone else's house that doesn't live there anymore for free, taking over all their possessions who knows they could be selling the persons stuff using the stuff and it's not theirs, living off someone else's loss, WOW that is an all time low, by the sound of it and the way you reacted I bet your one of these people. I hope you get caught and punished for your crime, god sends thieves to HELL probably right where you belong.
in the know

Granite City, IL

#5 Sep 18, 2012
I am an inspector for the largest foreclosed home property manager in southern IL. We have to inspect, with time and date stamped photos, every property, every week. If someone lives in one of our homes, not only is it a felony trespassing charge, as stated on the sign in the window, the longest they will stay is up to 7 days before we walk in on them.. I dont encounter this very often with our properties.
just sayin

Granite City, IL

#6 Sep 18, 2012
I had a home that was in foreclosure. I had a family buying this property however it took longer due to the foreclosure. The people that were buying it signed a contract to gain early ownership of the home. This was a complete legal process where these people moved in before closing so the house was still in foreclosure. Basically what I'm saying is that you never really know what is going on. If someone is living in a foreclosed house it could be completely legal.
james

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Could be.
james

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2012
just sayin wrote:
I had a home that was in foreclosure. I had a family buying this property however it took longer due to the foreclosure. The people that were buying it signed a contract to gain early ownership of the home. This was a complete legal process where these people moved in before closing so the house was still in foreclosure. Basically what I'm saying is that you never really know what is going on. If someone is living in a foreclosed house it could be completely legal.
but there a chance it's not.
evielement

Glen Carbon, IL

#9 Sep 18, 2012
This is typical Illinois. The Democrat leeches put in laws that make it take years for the foreclosure process to take effect. Meanwhile the parasites get to live for free.
Typical of Illinois and the Granite City voters always vote democrat
in the know

Granite City, IL

#10 Sep 18, 2012
some of our foreclosures are actually rented out by the lenders in possession of the property and they can be a real PITA. If you see someone fraudulently living in a home, I would encourage you to report it.
Not Surprised

Granite City, IL

#11 Sep 19, 2012
james wrote:
<quoted text>I am raising the awareness of a problem that is getting worse. If people are living in a house that they shouldn't be and it were on my block I would have it looked into, you never know who the people could be, killers, terrorist, sex offenders, meth heads, or just people living in someone else's house that doesn't live there anymore for free, taking over all their possessions who knows they could be selling the persons stuff using the stuff and it's not theirs, living off someone else's loss, WOW that is an all time low, by the sound of it and the way you reacted I bet your one of these people. I hope you get caught and punished for your crime, god sends thieves to HELL probably right where you belong.
Raising awareness! Before you start pointing fingers..... Found out exactly why people are living in these homes. Like I said maybe some people work out something with the mortage company. As far as me being one of "these" people no I have had my own home for 15 years. I just think that people should mind their own business and stop trying to stir up crap. If people are doing the things then they will get caught.
Foreclosure

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2012
I live in a foreclosed house and it is because of landlord. I paid rent in time and she was not paying mortgage. There was a foreclosure act that says lender has to honor our lease. We went a couple of months not knowing what to do or who to pay and then real estate agent came and we resumed payments, it does not mean it is bad people living there because the house is foreclosed!
Not Surprised

Granite City, IL

#13 Sep 19, 2012
Foreclosure wrote:
I live in a foreclosed house and it is because of landlord. I paid rent in time and she was not paying mortgage. There was a foreclosure act that says lender has to honor our lease. We went a couple of months not knowing what to do or who to pay and then real estate agent came and we resumed payments, it does not mean it is bad people living there because the house is foreclosed!
Very true! I have heard landlords doing that before. Happy you and your family got it all resolved. Bad things happen to good people. Just because someone lives in a forclosed home doesnt mean that they are bad people are doing something illegal. Find out facts before you comment on it.
watch the news

Granite City, IL

#14 Sep 19, 2012
This is legal in Texas. Seriously. A person or family can drive through one of those upscale neighborhoods with the many vacant and foreclosed McMansions and simply select one that they like. They can move into one of those homes and squat in it. They cannot get utilities turned on in the house but they make do. If they can successfully pull this off for a period of 36 months, the house becomes legally theirs!!

It really is true, look it up! The law there is something along the lines of a common-law-marriage, if you maintain residency for a long enough period of time without being otherwise removed, the ownership of the house transfers to the squatters.

They are, are were, working on laws to prevent this loophole in the law from giving these houses away to people who didn't pay a dime for them.
Idiot Seeker

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Sep 20, 2012
evielement wrote:
This is typical Illinois. The Democrat leeches put in laws that make it take years for the foreclosure process to take effect. Meanwhile the parasites get to live for free.
Typical of Illinois and the Granite City voters always vote democrat
I guess you think its safe to say only Democrats have ever been foreclosed on? You better check yourself bi**, you could find yourself in the same situation one day. Judgemental @sshole! You never know why someone gets behind. Someone pays for 30 years, gets sick and cant pay. Loss of a job, there are many reasons. IF they had the credit to get a home, they were not complete losers.
I guess there has never been a Republican to lose their home!! IDIOT
?

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2012
I have seen a family that lives
in a foreclosed house. it's been almost 3 years. they have been told several times they would be forced to leave. but they never have. they have 2 small children and nowhere to go.
wow

Granite City, IL

#17 Sep 23, 2012
watch the news wrote:
This is legal in Texas. Seriously. A person or family can drive through one of those upscale neighborhoods with the many vacant and foreclosed McMansions and simply select one that they like. They can move into one of those homes and squat in it. They cannot get utilities turned on in the house but they make do. If they can successfully pull this off for a period of 36 months, the house becomes legally theirs!!
It really is true, look it up! The law there is something along the lines of a common-law-marriage, if you maintain residency for a long enough period of time without being otherwise removed, the ownership of the house transfers to the squatters.
They are, are were, working on laws to prevent this loophole in the law from giving these houses away to people who didn't pay a dime for them.
wow!! I had never heard of such a thing much less thought it legal! I looked it up and found out that's true that people have done that!

I am proud to own my home and have earned it. But, lol, have to admit I'm a bit conflicted. I saw some of those houses and they're awesome even if maybe neglected and in need of repair. Some of the neighborhoods are almost empty where this happens so that would be weird.

On one hand I wouldn't ever want to take anything that didn't belong to me or scam someone. Plus living with no utilities wouldn't be pleasant. But in 3 years you get a paid for luxury home in a nice neighborhood in a great state? Gotta say, the idea is sort of interesting, not dignified, but still?
bulldoghouse

Buffalo, MO

#18 Sep 23, 2012
Idiot Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you think its safe to say only Democrats have ever been foreclosed on? You better check yourself bi**, you could find yourself in the same situation one day. Judgemental @sshole! You never know why someone gets behind. Someone pays for 30 years, gets sick and cant pay. Loss of a job, there are many reasons. IF they had the credit to get a home, they were not complete losers.
I guess there has never been a Republican to lose their home!! IDIOT
You Idiot! If someone pays for 30 years, the home is theirs. I have not heard of a loan going for more than 30 yrs.
wow

Granite City, IL

#20 Sep 23, 2012
bulldoghouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You Idiot! If someone pays for 30 years, the home is theirs. I have not heard of a loan going for more than 30 yrs.
except for the idiots that take out multiple home equity loans, using their mortgage money like a piggy bank to pay for things that are beyond their means.
methmouth is fun

United States

#21 Sep 23, 2012
bulldoghouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you havent heard about it then it does not exist?

You are only showcasing your own ignorance about the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,529
funny slurps equals itchy herps 5 hr Archibald 12
Bullying claims exagerated 8 hr KatieBar 62
Paul barnett 10 hr jap 12
Amazon rejects Metro area 11 hr Ed H 14
truck stuck on island 13 hr wowza 15
Nicest cars in granite? 13 hr Carlover69 12

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance