Charles knapp charged with man slaughter
Mel

United States

#21 Apr 28, 2012
Nothing was said about the patient being a.crack head. And obviously the cops seen more in the video that they are getting charged. We all know gateway isnt the best hospital in the world. And for u people sayin 2 get our facts straight its all on the news website on what happened but I guess the news is full of crap too.
Joke

United States

#22 Apr 28, 2012
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you charles is a good dude and will make a good cop
. Ya that is what we need another fuup cop to be on the news , you need to smoke some more of shi!!!, you are a joke !!
haha

Belleville, IL

#23 Apr 28, 2012
Charles and the other dude are going to jail. For the people backing him up it's lost hope. Charles sounds like a delenquit who abuses his power

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#24 Apr 28, 2012
good lord...they had no power..they are not law enforcement!!!

granted...the guards have a bum deal here...it all falls back on the hospital and the entire protocol agenda...

mray..the cod...

"Burkey died accidentally of compression asphyxia due to physical restraint due, a coroner's inquest jury ruled in March."

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/04/27/2157266/securit...

accidental death and it was because he could not breath because there was too much weight on his chest...

the police should have stayed there until the evaluation was finished..they are actually trained and qualified to handle such people...the hospital needs to change their line up...

and to the shit face that worked there getting all verbal...during an evaluation..there is an old bitch that works there that during her entry questions for the mental wing...she provokes patients..she leavesthe room and with the door open she goes to the desk and mocks the things they responded with...i have witnessed her pull this off many times..maybe it is just a way of establishing a bench mark to see who is nuts and who isnt...

security guards though are NOT police officers..

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Apr 28, 2012
I just had a nice streak in me this morning.
It doesnít get clearer than the ruling. It was murder plain and simple.
HAHA

Granite City, IL

#26 Apr 28, 2012
Joke wrote:
<quoted text>. Ya that is what we need another fuup cop to be on the news , you need to smoke some more of shi!!!, you are a joke !!
Wow really ?
family

Chicago, IL

#27 Apr 28, 2012
Todd was not on drugs, read the coroners inquest no drugs were found in his system. Regardless if security were trying to restrain him, it should not have led to the death of a man. Obviously they're was more then just restraining going on in that room for them to get charged with involuntary manslaughter, if they had just been doing their job the courts would see this. A lot of things should have been done differently and the hospital and security staff will be held accountable for there mistakes. Todd was a father of two, soon to be grandfather, a son, an grandchild, he had a ton of family that love and miss him dearly. he was only 42 could you imagine what his children and family are going through because of this mistake.
Mel

United States

#28 Apr 28, 2012
family wrote:
Todd was not on drugs, read the coroners inquest no drugs were found in his system. Regardless if security were trying to restrain him, it should not have led to the death of a man. Obviously they're was more then just restraining going on in that room for them to get charged with involuntary manslaughter, if they had just been doing their job the courts would see this. A lot of things should have been done differently and the hospital and security staff will be held accountable for there mistakes. Todd was a father of two, soon to be grandfather, a son, an grandchild, he had a ton of family that love and miss him dearly. he was only 42 could you imagine what his children and family are going through because of this mistake.
my thoughts and prayers are with ur family. 2-5 years isnt long enough for what they did. May u guys have some closure knowing they are being charged.
family

Chicago, IL

#29 Apr 28, 2012
Thank you so much and I hope it does as well it's almost been 5 months and still feels like yesterday...

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#30 Apr 28, 2012
i am really curious to see how this pans out in court...

the whole thing is rotten to the core on all sides..
NikkiMattBurkeys Mom

United States

#31 Apr 28, 2012
So happy & thanking God that Charles & Dylan Ritchie are going to prison for MURDERING TODD! JUSTICE FINALLY!
justice prevails

Collinsville, IL

#32 Apr 28, 2012
Gc guy wrote:
From someone who used to work up there it was self defense, you do not know how bad some of the patients are up there.
bad enough to murder someone .. how ignorant you are!! he was in medical need.. not on drugs .. and thy murdered him call it what it is !
justice prevails

Collinsville, IL

#33 Apr 28, 2012
MRay wrote:
I agree that something could have been done. I dont agree it was a accident. Suffocating a person is not instant or that quick.
Young wanabe rent a cops. Two to five years is also BS. Should be life.
agree totally...
justice prevails

Collinsville, IL

#34 Apr 28, 2012
ihateloosers wrote:
You guys crack me up.. Actually asphyxiation is when the chest can't rise enough to allow a full amount of oxygen. Secondly all the people that talk shit are typical granite city Hoosiers. Charlie's still gonna make a great police officer, this is a load of crap.
hes gonna make a great boyfriend to some one in prison!! they killed a man! not accidently .. forcefully.. u ever se em kill a prisoner on cqble tv because there out of controll??? he was in medical need not in need of being murdered u sicko!! I hope someone like charlie gets to handle your family next!!!
justice prevails

Collinsville, IL

#35 Apr 28, 2012
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you charles is a good dude and will make a good cop
your still an idiot .. u just here to stir up shit ... get a life u moron... thatll be the last time i ever respond to your idiotic rants ...
Just Sayin...

East Saint Louis, IL

#36 Apr 28, 2012
NikkiMattBurkeysMom wrote:
So happy & thanking God that Charles & Dylan Ritchie are going to prison for MURDERING TODD! JUSTICE FINALLY!
Ha ru serious?! The charges will be dropped. It will end up being a civil suit against the hospital.
shut ur mouth

Granite City, IL

#37 Apr 28, 2012
Todd was not a crackhead... so keep ur mouth shut!!! I feel bad for Charles and the other guy if it they didnt intentionally rough Todd up.... If they were playing bad ass..then yes they should do time!!!!
DjVic02 wrote:
For all you a**holes that wanna talk shi* and run your mouth, I personally know Charles, and am an ex security guard at the hospital that they are talking about, you have no idea what they have to deal with when it comes to psychotic patients. We go through hours of training and mental bullsh** that idiots like you dish out. Try working a job like that before you want to run your f*cking mouth. Just because the crack head was doped up on narcotics, doesn;t justify that they killed the man. If you knew anything about narcotics, some of them speed up your heart, and yes there's a chance the heart can stop. Does not mean they beat the man to death!
shut ur mouth

Granite City, IL

#38 Apr 28, 2012
yeah there is on the coroners site... it said asphixiation .
MRay wrote:
<quoted text>
OK why donít we stop with the names calling and talk about this as adults.
You have worked there and I do not doubt the crazy stuff you have seen or dealt with. I am looking at this as a total outsider. I do not know either side. What happen is very tragic and is probably causing a great deal of pain for both sides. If it was a clean cut accident then there would be no charges.
There were mistakes made and it cost a life. The security could have made sure he had an open path of air. If his heart stopped from being hopped up then that would have been the COD.
Has a tox or cod been released?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#39 Apr 28, 2012
If they're charged w/ inv. manslaughter and found guilty is it possible for them to get parole and no prison time? If so, that would be a sad day indeed.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#40 Apr 28, 2012
Or is it just manslaughter? My mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grave yard behind kp.... (Aug '12) 46 min mahz 137
Toni holt 1 hr Iguni11 1
Jaymi kyle 1 hr Pos 2
$15 an Hour? No Way 3 hr Check it out 19
Keith Harris 6 hr Chilled 8
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 3,329
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 9 hr Princess Hey 362

Granite City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance