First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amanda

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2012
I am having trouble with my preteen he's stealing and being disrespectful to others. i try and try so hard to tell him and teach right from wrong... but it gets nowhere at all with him. is there a scare straight program r bootcamp r something..i have him in concealing and talk to alot of doctors .. just running out of ideas. seeking advice from others now
truth

Troy, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2012
Dads not around?
knowledge

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2012
Has he been diagnosed with anything? Has he been drug tested?
Amanda

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2012
truth wrote:
Dads not around?
no dad ain't he's been in and out of jail and prison. he's in prison now won't be out until my son is 15. i try hard to be both. my husband try also but it just don't work.no matter how hard we try he just don't listen
Amanda

United States

#5 Jun 8, 2012
knowledge wrote:
Has he been diagnosed with anything? Has he been drug tested?
yes he's drug free thank god and he does have adhd

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 9, 2012
can you get him into some sports during the summer? it may help. my son is doing football practice right now for his school during the summer. or the boys and girls club, if his mind is preoccupied with doing sports or going to camp maybe he wont be tempted to steal.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 9, 2012
start checking the friends he hangs out with too! probably getting peer pressured to do these things.

im sure glad my preteen is more interested in riding bikes and going to his friends where he plays video games. but i do worry that will change any minute :(

good luck to you and hopefully you can find somewhere to take him to scare his a s s straight!

Location hidden

#8 Jun 9, 2012

Location hidden

#9 Jun 9, 2012

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 Jun 9, 2012
what is he stealing?
Amanda

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2012
the white power ranger wrote:
what is he stealing?
lets see money and other things.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 9, 2012
dont be afraid to spare the rod amanda! now a days parents are afraid to discipline their children, not saying that your like that amanda, but kids today need a good beating!
Truth Sayer

Granite City, IL

#13 Jun 9, 2012
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>lets see money and other things.
Is he on medication for the ADHD? It can make a world of difference. You may have to make him stay at home and not go anywhere until he can show you he can be trusted. There is nothing wrong with not letting them go anywhere unsupervised at that age and you may have to be that drastic to save him from a life like his dad's. Don't be afraid to be the parent and not a friend. The police deartment has some kind of fishing thing they do with kids his age.
Shelley

United States

#14 Jun 9, 2012
Amanda there is a scared straight program with the St. Clair sheriff department. Call them for information. I know they've had kids from the GC area go through this program.
Amanda

United States

#15 Jun 9, 2012
Shelley wrote:
Amanda there is a scared straight program with the St. Clair sheriff department. Call them for information. I know they've had kids from the GC area go through this program.
Ty for the info i will call them and ask about it
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 9, 2012
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>no dad ain't he's been in and out of jail and prison. he's in prison now won't be out until my son is 15. i try hard to be both. my husband try also but it just don't work.no matter how hard we try he just don't listen
no wonder your kid is f#cked up, your probly just some more Granite Shitty trash.
Amanda

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
no wonder your kid is f#cked up, your probly just some more Granite Shitty trash.
no i ain't when i was younger just made poor choice's when i was younger should of listened to my mom about having sex before getting married. My kids are awesome i am trying to teach my kids (son)not to make poor choices in life like mom. i am far from prefect but god damn he's not gonna be another piece of trash that talks shit about ppl. before knowing someone. i got on this site asking for opinion from ppl. not to r have my kids talked about. His dad is just a piece of shit my mom told me to stay away from. we all make mistakes in life but nor i r never regret having him. just regret the guy i had him by. so please frame yourself from talking about me and my son. we don't know u nor do u know us. looks like your from here talking shit on ppl u don't even know. your the type of person i warn him about hanging with.
Amanda

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2012
I work and go to school rising 4 kids on my own with no help from the dad r the state ty think i am doing pretty damn good.. just hit a small bump in the road that we can over come.
Truth Sayer

Granite City, IL

#19 Jun 9, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, obviously she's not, since she is seeking help and advice for her child. From your posts however, this does describe you.
Amanda

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2012
Truth Sayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, obviously she's not, since she is seeking help and advice for her child. From your posts however, this does describe you.
Ty yea he might be bad but at least my son has good grades making straight b's in school

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I never thought Tasha Andrews could stoop this ... 1 hr Kmr 11
Sad times for Granite children 2 hr foofoo 32
Get to the polls and vote NO to the very substa... 2 hr iBinPharteen 125
School tax referendum 2015 2 hr iBinPharteen 320
melodi cook (Feb '13) 2 hr foofoo 24
whats going on, on Madison ave? 5 hr crazy8s 6
Rich Turner 6 hr ibme 9
Granite City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web